• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 open

B Benson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 63872 View attachment 63869 View attachment 63870 View attachment 63871 Just saw these posted on the scarab Facebook page. I like it!
If I had my choice I would have bought a Seahunt 24 Edge but the boss trumped me as it didn't have a comfortable seating arrangement. If the 255 open has the seating arrangement as pictured and the fold down swim platform as pictured it is probably a layout I could sell to the boss and get approval. Even still I would like to see someone come out with a true 24ft + offshore boat that is jet powered I would be sold on something like that as the 255 open is still not really an offshore center console freeboard in the front is still to low.
Apparently it's real and at the Ft. Lauderdale Show. I live on the Gulf Coast, so I too would like to see a version of this with offshore cred.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll be at the show Sunday and I can't wait to see this hunk of junk in person.

Anyone notice ZERO rod holders LMFAO! None behind bolsters...None on top of helm! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Also check out that freeboard on the port and starboard...it looks paper thin..maybe 1-2" thick.

Gonna be comical in person.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the concept. I'm hoping there is one at the Louisville Boat Show this year.

Saw a lot of these at the Lake Cumberland Poker run this summer..... http://www.statementmarine.com

This Scarab looks like a very similar idea.

B Benson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll be at the show Sunday and I can't wait to see this hunk of junk in person.

Anyone notice ZERO rod holders LMFAO! None behind bolsters...None on top of helm! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Also check out that freeboard on the port and starboard...it looks paper thin..maybe 1-2" thick.

Gonna be comical in person.

Please give us a report if you don't mind. Offshore-capable console boats are the "standard" in NW Florida. Not expecting a "real" fishing boat from Scarab, but knowing I could go offshore a bit with some confidence would be great.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I love the concept. I'm hoping there is one at the Louisville Boat Show this year.

Saw a lot of these at the Lake Cumberland Poker run this summer..... http://www.statementmarine.com

This Scarab looks like a very similar idea.
I never get permission to to LCK during poker run. Mean wife, lol

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Please give us a report if you don't mind. Offshore-capable console boats are the "standard" in NW Florida. Not expecting a "real" fishing boat from Scarab, but knowing I could go offshore a bit with some confidence would be great.
You DO NOT want a CC jet boat to go offshore, trust me. I used to be the sad owner of FSH 190 and it was horrendous. Sold it less than 10 months after purchasing it and bought a proper CC boat. My new boat is by no means perfect and without its own problems but it is at least capable of going offshore without CONSTANT attention to the helm and wheel.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never get permission to to LCK during poker run. Mean wife, lol
This was probably my last year. I'm not in a position to keep up with the partying at that level anymore. Love looking at the boats, but the rest of the weekend is too hard on me, and I know if I go, I'll party, and I'll just be taking a break from it for awhile.

Those Statement boats are spectacular to watch and look at though. I've always thought the layout was unique, and presented an interesting way to enjoy the water without the traditional center pass-thru design/layout. There was one with (4) 400hp Verago's on it this year. Thing was insanely fast for a 40-ish foot boat, and dead silent while running at speed (from a distance, I didn't get a ride on one sadly). Of course they are also deep into 6 figure territory to purchase, and I doubt you could trailer one with a 1/2 ton pickup, so they are on a different level than I can play at this point. Still fun to look at though!

I like the Scarab CC design/layout. That tailgate thing is intriguing for certain. Can you travel with it "down"? What is the benefit of it being up other than reducing the overall length of the boat for trailering/storage? Buddies have a 24ft Centurion Wake Boat, and it has a folding rear swim platform that they drop for storage, that kinda makes sense, not sure what other purpose is serves.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I think they did a very good job with this boat. @ClemsonTiger serious question as I'm clueless, but do you think jet propulsion can equate to a great fishing boat. Will it track the way an avid fisherman like yourself would want? I don't really fish so I don't understand or know what fisherman really want. I'm not sure this is solely designed for the hardcore fisherman, but for somebody like myself that would enjoy the occasional fishing but spend way more time with friends/family I think this is great. I can't wait for @robert843 or @veedubtek to take me for a ride on theirs. Awesome looking boat IMO.
I live on the Gulf Coast, so I too would like to see a version of this with offshore cred.
Offshore-capable console boats are the "standard" in NW Florida. Not expecting a "real" fishing boat from Scarab, but knowing I could go offshore a bit with some confidence would be great.
So what does one need to go offshore? How far do you consider offshore? Does jet propulsion not cut it? Why or why not? Not being smart, just curious. I am like @Ramblin Wreck in that I am not a hardcore fisherman, but I would like to go fish occasionally here in NW Florida. The majority of my boat time is with the family and friends anchored at Shell or Crooked Island or doing light watersports. This boat is intriguing to me.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You DO NOT want a CC jet boat to go offshore, trust me. I used to be the sad owner of FSH 190 and it was horrendous. Sold it less than 10 months after purchasing it and bought a proper CC boat. My new boat is by no means perfect and without its own problems but it is at least capable of going offshore without CONSTANT attention to the helm and wheel.
So, don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not a jet boat owner anymore why are you still active on this site? You have 134 messages and your a Jetboaters Lieutenant? Just curious...

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So, don’t take it the wrong way, but why do you care?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So, don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not a jet boat owner anymore why are you still active on this site? You have 134 messages and your a Jetboaters Lieutenant? Just curious...
Anyone may be a member. It's not something you gain by a paticular boat being owned. Anyone can post helpful things!

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DieselCamel looks like you could take those back pads/seat cushion off as one complete set. But can you take just that one pad off...the one that is flipped up? Just to make a dedicated walk through. Looks like it is sewn together at the joint? I see how the pad is flipped up so you can walk back and forth without stepping on the cushion, but in real life I (nor my kids) are going to flip the cushion up and then put back down. After a while it is going to get pretty trampled looking. I'm guessing they have it flipped up at a boat show just for this reason...less trampling. But I think about how many times on a normal outing I am going back and forth from swim platform...don't want to be on the cushions that whole time...or am I missing something.

And in @ClemsonTiger 's defense, I appreciate his point of view as a person that had a FSH and realized it didn't fit his needs. If a lurker is on here and trying to make a decision on what boat to buy then good to have that opinion. Now could he go about it with a little less sledgehammer and a little more rubber mallet? Sure, but that's his prerogative. I have a buddy that has a 19ft seahunt with a 150hp yamaha. But he fishes 80% of the time and entertains kids 20% of the time. His seahunt works for him. That thing is great for fishing (inshore). The motor is whisper quiet when at idle (and barely noticeable at speed) and you can walk away from the helm and not think twice about it as it will track straight. This is important as it's damn near impossible to fish and drive at the same time, especially if you are by yourself. And if all of the sudden your boat has turned around and is running over your lines you have a huge mess real quick. I think this is the point ClemsonTiger is trying to make (the rubber mallet version). ;)

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A lot of fishing talk, but is Scarab even marketing this as a fishing boat? Other than CC I haven't seen any fishing features.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A lot of fishing talk, but is Scarab even marketing this as a fishing boat? Other than CC I haven't seen any fishing features.
SMH why would anyone buy a CC and use it solely as pleasure day cruising boat?

The things people say....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Looks intriguing to me. I don't fish, ever. I can see some utility to it as a pleasure boat. If nothing else rafting up with others would be a helluva lot easier instead of climbing over the seats and crap to grab the boats as you come in. Be nice to coach skiers and boarders near the boat without getting on top of seats etc as well. Lots of good reasons to get to the edge of the boat without climbing on seats BESIDES fishing.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I thought the same thing initially, but people in this thread seem to think CC cruisers are a big thing. I'll have to defer to them. I am a lake boater where I don't know what the point of this boat would be, but I don't know what you guys are doing on the coasts.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DieselCamel looks like you could take those back pads/seat cushion off as one complete set. But can you take just that one pad off...the one that is flipped up? Just to make a dedicated walk through. Looks like it is sewn together at the joint? I see how the pad is flipped up so you can walk back and forth without stepping on the cushion, but in real life I (nor my kids) are going to flip the cushion up and then put back down. After a while it is going to get pretty trampled looking. I'm guessing they have it flipped up at a boat show just for this reason...less trampling. But I think about how many times on a normal outing I am going back and forth from swim platform...don't want to be on the cushions that whole time...or am I missing something.

And in @ClemsonTiger 's defense, I appreciate his point of view as a person that had a FSH and realized it didn't fit his needs. If a lurker is on here and trying to make a decision on what boat to buy then good to have that opinion. Now could he go about it with a little less sledgehammer and a little more rubber mallet? Sure, but that's his prerogative. I have a buddy that has a 19ft seahunt with a 150hp yamaha. But he fishes 80% of the time and entertains kids 20% of the time. His seahunt works for him. That thing is great for fishing (inshore). The motor is whisper quiet when at idle (and barely noticeable at speed) and you can walk away from the helm and not think twice about it as it will track straight. This is important as it's damn near impossible to fish and drive at the same time, especially if you are by yourself. And if all of the sudden your boat has turned around and is running over your lines you have a huge mess real quick. I think this is the point ClemsonTiger is trying to make (the rubber mallet version). ;)
I think the whole Cushion is removable

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Lots of people buy center consoles that don’t fish Here’s one that comes to mind I’m sure no fish will ever be Caught off of this boat 1F4CE958-F570-4573-BE3C-D9025C3F1FB8.jpeg

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Lots of people buy center consoles that don’t fish Here’s one that comes to mind I’m sure no fish will ever be Caught off of this boat View attachment 65785
Let’s grab the most extreme and rediculous example and tout it as proof of point.

If some has the $ to waste on a boat of that caliper, then they probably have multiple other boats to suit each and every need.

Just cause an example exists does not prove a point. Obtuse.