• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Insurance Rates: What do you pay?

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Woahhhhh....wtf that is crazy. Where are you?
I just went to check to make sure I want giving you bad info but I was wrong I pay just under 600$ for the year. Full coverage. That's on a 2015 195 HOI.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Here's my current policy with progressive, Does anything look crazy? I didn't have the slightest clue about boat insurance when I originally purchased this policy.

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $117.00
$100,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT
UNINSURED BOATERS $46.00
$100,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT
MED PAY/WATERSKIER'S MED PAY $5,000 EACH PERSON $17.00
COMP $750 DED TOTAL LOSS REPLACE/PURCHASE PRICE $1,125.00
PURCHASE PRICE $36,000
NAMED STORM DEDUCTIBLE $ 2,000
COLL $750 DED TOTAL LOSS REPLACE/PURCHASE PRICE $102.00
PURCHASE PRICE $36,000
DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE INCL
WRECKAGE REMOVAL INCL
MARINE ELECTRONICS DED $500 INCL
TRAILER DED $250 INCL
FUEL SPILL LIABILITY INCL
$1,000 REPLACEMENT COST PE $250 DED $7.00
SIGN & GLIDE(R) $50.00
COASTAL NAVIGATION 75 NAUTICAL MILES INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE INCL
Premium by Watercraft $1,464.00
Total Policy Premium $1,464.00

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Woahhhhh....wtf that is crazy. Where are you?
I just went to check to make sure I want giving you bad info but I was wrong I pay just under 600$ for the year. Full coverage. That's on a 2015 195 HOI.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have progressive and I compared our policies. The big one I see is that my comprehensive for an agreed value of $50,000 is only $434 vs what you are paying $1,125 for an agreed value of $36,000. My Collision is $112 vs $102 for you, but I have a 0$ deductible vs $750 for you. Your comprehensive seems way high. I do have the following discounts but don't know how they affect the individual prices on each item: Home Owner, USAA Member Discount, Transfer, Prompt Payment and Claim Free Renewal, Responsible Driver and Safety Course, Original Owner. - Navarre, FL

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in CA and pay $400 per year for full coverage on my boat through Boat U.S. Someone here recently stated that they had good luck with Geico. Maybe the type (make and model) of the boat is causing the rate to fluctuate. If your current insurer will quote you for a similar Yamaha it may be worth the phone call to find out.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I have progressive and I compared our policies. The big one I see is that my comprehensive for an agreed value of $50,000 is only $434 vs what you are paying $1,125 for an agreed value of $36,000. My Collision is $112 vs $102 for you, but I have a 0$ deductible vs $750 for you. Your comprehensive seems way high. I do have the following discounts but don't know how they affect the individual prices on each item: Home Owner, USAA Member Discount, Transfer, Prompt Payment and Claim Free Renewal, Responsible Driver and Safety Course, Original Owner. - Navarre, FL
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I have discounts for home owner, prompt payment and Claim Free Renewal. I need to see why they didn't add my safety course.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
So Called my broker and had a discussion about my Rates. She advised that Broward County has one of the highest claim rates in the US and that's greatly affecting my policy rates.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looks like my 165 will be around $230 a year depending on options.

Feeshy1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2016 195 HO Impulse just got it and mine is $360/year

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
bringing this post up....I just did my insurance and it is $556/yr in TX for the 255 with CHUB. It was done thru the dealership as a new purchase...I have no clue on boat insurance.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Good Morning All- Being pretty new to boats, I was searching around to see what others are paying for insurance on their boats. I have a separate Policy for my 2014 195HOI and am paying $120 a month, a drop from the $145 I was paying last year. Does this sound reasonable or do I need to dump Progressive?
WAY to much ELIO!!! Check around!

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
:banghead: Holy Crap, They are giving it to me with no lube. I'm going to start checking around again. Thanks for the updates. Mine did drop, but I'm still paying around $90 a month.