• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek from Jetboatpilot coming off

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Get some dap weldwood contact cement. Slap some on the back of the mat. Slap some on the floor. Let it dry for about 10 minutes (or use a heat gun for less time). You want the glue just a little tacky. Then lay the mat down and it will be like new guaranteed. It's what 99% of stand up jet ski riders use in our trays which get much more abuse.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dunno about the heat being an issue, we have HELL type heat here in Az and sea deck is everywhere. I will be making the switch in September my self, but now I may be removing and cleaning and letting the local Yamaha dealer who is a JBP authorize rep install to avoid this type of issue.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dunno about the heat being an issue, we have HELL type heat here in Az and sea deck is everywhere. I will be making the switch in September my self, but now I may be removing and cleaning and letting the local Yamaha dealer who is a JBP authorize rep install to avoid this type of issue.
Maybe heat+humidity?

Az is extremely hot, so I agree with your point that if it works in AZ it can't be the heat alone that could cause a problem.

My prep was not super amazing, but it was quite good.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Houston with the same stuff from the same place, stored similarly. Mine has been fine.

Don't know what it is, but I doubt it is climate.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tdonoughue And how long have you had yours?

Thanks!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed the hull pieces a season or two ago and the cockpit this year. The older material has held up great but some of the newer material is loose in some places. I know it’s because I used soft scrub with bleach to clean some of the areas and neglected to wipe off the residue before installing the seadek, totally my fault and easily remedied at my convenience. I just need to slap some Glue between the sheet and deck. My guess is this is what happened to the OP because my experience with hdro turf and seadek that are adhesive backed from the factory is that it does not just come off while towing, underway, regular cleaning (I.e., blow it off with a hose or pressure washer), etc. is that it has to be worked off to be removed, sometimes a lot harder than others.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your piece is intact and in good shape I would get some wide, 3M double sided tape and reinstall.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did my whole boat I only had a problem with the swim platform on the left side after about a year. I used contact cement it has been great ever since.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see the 2 gas cans. Did they often sit on the missing piece? There has to be a reason yours failed so soon when others haven't. Mines been on since 2015 and is still on tight in hot humid Florida. I even have a couple pieces cat clawed the heck out of looks like crap but it's still stuck on.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@fireflymedic I would ask for the story behind cats being on the boat, but we all know how it ends Lol.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i had 2 piece that came up on mine. i bought the cockpit in 2016 or 17.
what color did you have? i have the mocha and believe its discontinued
it gets really hot in the sun and may be the reason why it may not last as long.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Mine is the grey that matches the platform/helm stock pads

I called JBP to order a replacement for the piece that flew off.. They quoted me $420 for that one piece!!

What a ripoff!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is the grey that matches the platform/helm stock pads

I called JBP to order a replacement for the piece that flew off.. They quoted me $420 for that one piece!!

What a ripoff!
Talk to Will directly. He is a good guy, he has a nice size business and may take a while to get back to you but I had a problem with a product of his and after about a week he called me from his cell phone on his drive home and we worked it out.👍

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm glad someone started this thread. I installed the grey a few years back and over the past 2 seasons, it's been a constant battle to keep my seadeck in tact & clean. I've had to contact cement just about every single piece. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look and feel of the product; it's way better than carpet but, if I had to do it all over again I'd probably just go with the floor. I used acetone prior to installing and to clean the surface when applying the contact cement. Disclaimer: I'm probably an extreme use case. We use our boat every weekend during the summer months and generally boat at the local lake sandbar, where it's constant on/off the boat so the material gets pretty dirty. I've tried brushing and it just isn't effective. I have to resort to pressure washing in the lowest setting with simple green and am extremely careful around the edges. There simply isn't any other way for me, I've tried. IMHO I did wish @JetBoatPilot offered some sort of discounted replacement pieces.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A bit disappointing they haven't addressed this thread at all.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
A bit disappointing they haven't addressed this thread at all.
On one hand, I am a little surprised that Will has not considering his presence on this forum, not to mention I am curious as well. On the other hand in Will's defense, why should he? It was a business transaction/complaint between a customer and business owner. It really is none of our business.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm glad someone started this thread. I installed the grey a few years back and over the past 2 seasons, it's been a constant battle to keep my seadeck in tact & clean. I've had to contact cement just about every single piece. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look and feel of the product; it's way better than carpet but, if I had to do it all over again I'd probably just go with the floor. I used acetone prior to installing and to clean the surface when applying the contact cement. Disclaimer: I'm probably an extreme use case. We use our boat every weekend during the summer months and generally boat at the local lake sandbar, where it's constant on/off the boat so the material gets pretty dirty. I've tried brushing and it just isn't effective. I have to resort to pressure washing in the lowest setting with simple green and am extremely careful around the edges. There simply isn't any other way for me, I've tried. IMHO I did wish @JetBoatPilot offered some sort of discounted replacement pieces.
Just a thought with regard to Simple Green. This product is citric acid. I'm guessing that may be dissolving the 3m adhesive

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On one hand, I am a little surprised that Will has not considering his presence on this forum, not to mention I am curious as well. On the other hand in Will's defense, why should he? It was a business transaction/complaint between a customer and business owner. It really is none of our business.
You hit it on the head. Right, wrong or indifferent, a smart business owner isn't going to hash out the details of a customer complaint on a public forum.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the first I have seen this thread. If the OP has an issue with the way his replacement pad was handled I can tell you that this is the first I've seen it. Typically we warranty any SeaDek pad that we've sold and just ask that the customer pay shipping. In this case I cannot see where we would have asked him to pay for a pad that failed. If @Khalid will reach out to me I will get to the bottom of it.