• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

She's home!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Tony! where do you boat? I plan on lake hopatcong, greewood lake, the barnaget bay and hopefully do the NYC loop and Hudson river with all ya'll jet boaters! lol
We mostly boat at the shore around LBI and Island Beach State park (i.e. Tices Schoal)[/QUOTE]

I can see LBI from my house. I've always been near the southern tip of LBI on my boat but never near the bridge or Tices Shoal. Gotta plan something so I can get familiar to that area. Definitely will be out this weekend I'm off until Monday Morning !!!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We mostly boat at the shore around LBI and Island Beach State park (i.e. Tices Schoal)

I can see LBI from my house. I've always been near the southern tip of LBI on my boat but never near the bridge or Tices Shoal. Gotta plan something so I can get familiar to that area. Definitely will be out this weekend I'm off until Monday Morning !!![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if we're going to make it out this weekend due to the possibility of rain. Also, I just got the boat de-winterized this week. Still have to wax and detail it, which I'm hoping to do this weekend.

More than happy to take you to Tices on weekend and tie up the boats. I'll PM you when we have a day planned to see if you're available.

Let me know how it is down there this weekend........thx

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been out twice so far with mixed results. lol The first time I launched out of lake hopatcong's state park ramp and had a great day. It was a little cold but not too bad water temp 55f and air temp low 70's. Broke it in as per manual and had a and had a great time. We had 3 adults one child on board. full tank and about 100 lbs of gear if that and got her up to 50mph (on speedo) with no problems. The second time out we launched out of Lees county mariana same lake but this mariana is great with 3 ramps and great parking but the docks are cement which played a big part of scratching the shit of out the boat! It was supposed to be a nice mother's day cruise with my wife and daughter but turned out to be a nightmare when we were ready to return. It was very windy I already had the boat tied up and the trailer in the water ready to bring her out, as I went to bring her around I sucked up one of mine own lines and thats when it got bad. My wife anf daughter were out of the boat walking towards the bathrooms and i started to drift away from the docks. Finally the wind pushed me about 500yds around to the other side of the marina. I realized that I could not cut the line without getting her out of the water. Finally a good samaritan helped me get someone to tow me around to the other side and got her back on the trailer after a bit of struggle with the wind and the concrete dock! So this is what I learned:

1 - dont suck up your own line!
2- keep a sharp knife
3- pay more attention to the wind
4- avoid hitting the concrete dock
5- have paddles in the boat
6- she is a gas guzzler!!!! really!!

Other than that, Im really happy and cant wait to spend more time in the water!
and yes I still want to do a NYC cruise and for the guys that boat on the Barnegat Bay and Tices lets try to put a Jersey Shore get together

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got to check dates. But im thinking some time in july would be fine @geiger41
Maybe meet up with @Topper232 and he can show us around.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!! Glad you're here.