• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

She's ours! Our first day with our first boat!

Super stoked you will be able to get back to it in the next week or two! Are you still searching for a T top?
Thanks!

We were able to get on the water, but I spent my time enjoying the weather and kept pushing back on the OLAS config... and never got around to it this time around, will definitely do it next weekend at the latest.

We were pretty impressed with the bimini and we may just wait till the high season is over before we start looking at the t-tops again. the bimini will be a pain for fishing from what I understand, but since summer is more about sand bars (80%) than fishing, we'll be fine!

Did you install the ACR OLAS Guardian yet? Mine is arriving from Amazon in a couple days. I checked on the existing kill switch, seems like a pretty easy install. Curious how it worked out for you.

Looks like I will need to splice in between the kill switch and the split for both engines?
Also, Wire close to stop I assume?
Do you remember if the Brown Line (close to stop) wired into the White, or Black on the kill switch? I am assuming white, since I have heard that anything Black on Yamaha is essentially a ground.

Thanks!
I was finally able to test the ACR OLAS Guardian and I have to say I am pretty impressed! It paired with the wrist band the first time, in seconds. I was also able to pair it with my phone and configure it so it calls emergency number and texts my wife after one minute of a man over board event.

The installer I used did a great job and used an ACC switch for it so I don't have to use it every time we are out on the water. It still requires the regular lanyard to be in.

The actual test of the functionality (I was not on the water) was easy peasy. Once I was sure of the configs and everything, I fired off the engines and immediately pressed the shut down button on the wristband. As soon as the wristband was off the engines cut off and my phone started alerting about the MOB event and the 1min timer started.

There is a "refresh timer" option on the phone that I was happy about because for a while I couldn't figure out what to do to clear the actual MOB event from the Guardian.

It turns out that once you restart the wristband, you just need to press the physical button of the Guardian for 1sec to force a sync and as soon as the wristband is detected the event clears out.

Pro-tip... Don't forget to buy the multiple engine harness if you have twin engines. I found out (I think it was here on the forums) that you can use this guy and that is what I did. It was much cheaper than buying the ACR option.

We were finally able to take the boat out for the first time since the surgery last weekend and I am so happy!!

Here’s a few pics of the beauty with the Simrad GO12 ans the Ulterra installed. That trolling motor is incredible and so much more powerful than the 80lbs that we had before with the boat club. Cant wait to test it out in the jetties!

901A07F4-B843-4950-BBE0-E9FE9DCA445E.jpeg81383D81-D630-4441-9A60-0F461FB08445.jpeg589D0E50-41BB-4772-BC26-200535882C73.jpegA86A8BA0-6B03-48E2-A892-485E63591C90.jpeg

We were finally able to take the boat out for the first time since the surgery last weekend and I am so happy!!

Here’s a few pics of the beauty with the Simrad GO12 ans the Ulterra installed. That trolling motor is incredible and so much more powerful than the 80lbs that we had before with the boat club. Cant wait to test it out in the jetties!

View attachment 148991View attachment 148992View attachment 148993View attachment 148994

Looks like it is coming together nicely Dels!!!!

Back