• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shipping covers

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe they changed their policy?
I've assumed those shipping covers came with the boats but I never checked if those are listed as OEM parts.

--
Shipping Cover is a standard feature on 2018 boats, per yamaha, from SX190 up to 242X. Does not appear as a feature on the center consoles.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke to Yamaha Customer service and informed them that i did not receive the shipping cover which is clearly stated on their website and included with the purchase. Yamaha responded with " The shipping covers can retained moisture and can cause accelerated deterioration and no longer will be included with purchase "

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like Yamaha wants people to spend the money on their covers instead of giving them a free one for the first two years

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
was supposed to get mine but the dealer said they threw it out before i got it.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or one of their employees needed it more than you needed it.

1_fast_ar240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i bought my 242ls and it came with the shipping cover. this was 2 days ago.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I live in Knoxville TN and even today saw a shipment of Yamaha boats on the interstate... See them about 2-3 times a week
Every Yamaha boat on the truck has a shipping cover on it.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am picking up a new 2018 212 Limited in about a month. I will let you know if I get the shipping cover.
If it were me, I'd call them in advance of delivery to let them know that you want it - before it gets 'lost' or 'thrown out'.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We picked ours up in May of last year (2017). Our dealer said that Yamaha informed them to trash the shipping cover. He gave it to us anyway, as he thought trashing it was wasteful, and not the way to build a good relationship with the customer. His thought was that if he gave us this one now for free, then we'll come back and see him when we need/want the premium cover. He's exactly right!

I trailered with it for about 15-20 2hr trips last year (1hr each way) and it looks a little rough, but is still in acceptable shape. I'll buy a premium cover when this one finally disintegrates. Our boat lives in the garage so the cover was only on it loosely to keep dust out over the winter, not much stress there.

Steve Wegrzyn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2018 AR195 and the shipping cover was rolled up and stuffed into the ski locker. The boat came with the nice black yamaha road cover (boat show deal) so I didn't care too much. When I took the shipping cover out it was filthy and starting to mold in spots, so I cleaned it up and stored it away.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Should my shipping cover be included with the purchase? The dealer is acting like it’s not normal?
There is alot of us that hang out at the north end of Anclote. Think i have seen your boat out there a few times.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2018 AR195 and the shipping cover was rolled up and stuffed into the ski locker. The boat came with the nice black yamaha road cover (boat show deal) so I didn't care too much. When I took the shipping cover out it was filthy and starting to mold in spots, so I cleaned it up and stored it away.
Would you be interested in selling it Steve? I lost mine for my 195. PM me if you are

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shipping Cover is absolutely included, it's even on the list of features if you go to the 'compare boats' section of yamaha's website. Some people will call their dealers to buy shipping covers that buyers didn't want (for instance, I'd love one of the 2018 242 covers to have as a backup, covers more of the boat).
No, I’ll keep both and swap them out once in a while or just use for trailering.
I decided to sell my shipping cover. are you still interested?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I decided to sell my shipping cover. are you still interested?
Depending on the price, sure. What'd you have in mind (and where are you located)?

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked my 2018 AR last weekend at RIVA in Key Largo and they gave me mine. Also said to give them a call if I need another one down the road.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a mooring cover and arrived, but how ever when i asked the dealer, answered me they have no idea what am i talking about, my boat is expecting to be pick up first week of May ( guess is up north here in Toronto, they haven't receive the boat from Yamaha yet), and i just verified the hard copy of Yamaha boat of 2018, ALL boats are come with shipping cover regardless.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the dealer, answered me they have no idea what am i talking about.
Can't stand clueless people. "Uh, the big white thing that comes on the boat. Says Yamaha all over"