• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr Jack

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
The Shorelandr jack that comes with the trailer looks pretty flimsy. Is this thing even rated for a 22' boat trailer?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

highway76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, it's rated for that, the liability for them would be devastating if they used an underrated jack - loss of the boat and/or possible loss of life/limb and the lawsuit would wipe out the company.

Are there much better options? Most definitely, and I'm with you on the appearance of it. I've got the black ARK. The rubber on the wheel is the weak point, but I would buy it all over again. I haven't done some of the stuff they show, but it's been moved without my knowledge over gravel and garbage surfaces with no issues. The rubber tire splitting was due to me using a wheel dish chock under it, and cutting into the rubber - operator error.

Some see the cost as too much. I find it to be one of the best improvements I've done to my trailer, given the much greater amount of time the boat spends on the trailer than in the water

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ark all the way. I’ve had four Fulton F2, for two trailers, the Fulton F2s look good but I’ll never buy another.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just putting it out there, do our trailer jacks really need wheels?
I have never, ever moved my trailer with the jack down, never had a reason to. Im tempted to go with one that has a "footplate' instead of wheels. Where I store my boat the ground is crushed gravel and I have to use one of those wheel docks so the wheel doesnt sink into the ground.

Thoughts?

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ark all the way. I’ve had four Fulton F2, for two trailers, the Fulton F2s look good but I’ll never buy another.
Me too....My fulton f2 looked great when installed, some parts rusted pretty fast and now the crank works only ok.
I tossed the factory unit, in hindsite I wish I would have keept it on the trailer as a back up....Last year I installed a 2nd jack, now I have two because I like the peace of mind and don't worry about one of them giving out or bending.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just putting it out there, do our trailer jacks really need wheels?
I have never, ever moved my trailer with the jack down, never had a reason to. Im tempted to go with one that has a "footplate' instead of wheels. Where I store my boat the ground is crushed gravel and I have to use one of those wheel docks so the wheel doesnt sink into the ground.

Thoughts?
This is what I have, and the ARK has actually proved useful to be able to move the boat without hooking it up to the car. Not to me, as I would have easily hooked it up to the car, but the impatient douche canoes who wanted it moved and couldn't be bothered with such things.

They didn't make it on my boat that weekend. The ARK wheel works over gravel. I wouldn't mind removing the wheel. The "frisbee" chock for the jack wheel is what messed up the rubber. A chock for the trailer tires is sufficient

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My ARK rusted out just as quick as the a cheapo Amazon one. It still works but idk how long it will.