• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
17 F150 4x2 2.7twin T with a 9,000 max tow , towing my 2018 SC210

Attachments

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This Super Duty can tow a house!! 2017.jpeg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So will this FX2 Ecoboost but yours does it better and looks nicer doing it! Let me know if you ever think about trading it in. Only 7k lbs trailer weight and new rear airbags took care of the stock sissy leaf spring squat in this picture.
FB50D1D1-ADFA-4A4D-A201-DE5BA76B9F22.jpeg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So will this FX2 Ecoboost but yours does it better and looks nicer doing it! Let me know if you ever think about trading it in. Only 7k lbs trailer weight and new rear airbags took care of the stock sissy leaf spring squat in this picture.
View attachment 67740
These new 250's stand 3 inches taller then previous model. It sits level with a load on.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck it is a fun vehicle to drive. My highway tractor brings more joy on the road than any of the predominately Japanese cars/trucks that I’ve owned over the past 30-years. If you are mechanicallly inclined, these things need “some” TLC. I am mechanically challenged, so Defender ownership and my skill level are not perfectly aligned. A true pleasure to own and drive. Shoot me a PM, if you’d like to converse about navigating the nooks and crannies of acquisition, which is getting very challenging due to the supply and demand situation.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2015 2500 Mega Cab. Drags the 242 around nicely. Tow rig.jpg

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I introduce....the BEAST LOL. Signature has the long list of mod'sIMG_8277.jpg

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got rid of my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT and went with the new Ram Rebel 1500. Im a die hard GM uy, but the Rebel puts the GM to shame. 5.7L Hemi with 8 speed transmission and AirRide suspension. My work truck is a 2015 GMC 2500 with the 6.2L and 4:10 gears. The Ram even Smokes that in towing the boat.
So, a year later, how are you feeing about the Rebel. Asking because I was just looking at one. Might trade my 2011 Tundra TRD in, tired of shitty fuel mileage.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So, a year later, how are you feeing about the Rebel. Asking because I was just looking at one. Might trade my 2011 Tundra TRD in, tired of shitty fuel mileage.
not understanding the logic here...going from shitty mileage to shitty mileage lol

Rebel will be worse than other Hemis due to the higher ride height, different bumper/aero cladding, beefier tires.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not understanding the logic here...going from shitty mileage to shitty mileage lol

Rebel will be worse than other Hemis due to the higher ride height, different bumper/aero
Thanks for your input.
That's why I'm asking how he likes it a year later. Do you own one? If so how do you like it? According to the book, it still gets better mileage than my Tundra. So I'd like to hear from someone who actually owns one to see if reality is different. For the record, I am also looking at one of the ecodiesels, but my wife and daughter liked the Rebel when they were looking around the lot at trucks. They also like the 1500 Sport. By the way, the Rebel has an adjustable on the fly suspension and lowers into an aerodynamic mode automatically at highway speeds. So, while it can sit high, it doesn't always have to be high. Pretty neat feature I thought.

Last edited:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks for your input.
That's why I'm asking how he likes it a year later. Do you own one? If so how do you like it? According to the book, it still gets better mileage than my Tundra. So I'd like to hear from someone who actually owns one to see if reality is different. For the record, I am also looking at one of the ecodiesels, but my wife and daughter liked the Rebel when they were looking around the lot at trucks. They also like the 1500 Sport. By the way, the Rebel has an adjustable on the fly suspension and lowers into an aerodynamic mode automatically at highway speeds. So, while it can sit high, it doesn't always have to be high. Pretty neat feature I thought.
I was just making a joke but no I do not own a rebel. Just a Ecodiesel.

Only downside to ecodiesel is you can't get it in a sport package with colored bumpers and all unless you go all the way up to the limited and select it.
Diesel price is higher but I love the drivability of it. Quiet, smooth, doesn't have to rev high to get moving. It is actually really nice. I got 31k on my 2016. I use exclusively to tow and travel long distances. You can select air suspension on almost any trim level besides tradesman and sport I believe..

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just making a joke but no I do not own a rebel. Just a Ecodiesel.

Only downside to ecodiesel is you can't get it in a sport package with colored bumpers and all unless you go all the way up to the limited and select it.
Diesel price is higher but I love the drivability of it. Quiet, smooth, doesn't have to rev high to get moving. It is actually really nice. I got 31k on my 2016. I use exclusively to tow and travel long distances. You can select air suspension on almost any trim level besides tradesman and sport I believe..
Ok. cool, an ecodiesel owner. How has your mileage been? I hear reports of high 20's up into mid 30's. Personally, I was after the Ecodiesel. I so far have heard all good things about it. My big holdup is actually the truck chassis itself. I was a Dodge master tech from '05 to '12 and my experience was the Dodge trucks drove wonderfully when new, but get 50k on them and the handling deteriorates badly in my opinion. How has yours been?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No drama towing up to 5000# - 900+ ft/#'s when needed - tow range 100-125 miles - Supercharging time to refill battery, 45 min. - great for short hauls - long hauls best with a truck.View attachment 69580
This is awesome. I'd love a Tesla tow vehicle (rumor has there is a pickup in the works), though there's something concerning in my neanderthal brain about dipping my big battery car into salt water.