• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yeah I miss the 2 stroke sound too!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new Landy is (finally) reporting for duty, after a break-in.
Very nice, overall, and this truck has A LOT to offer.

It is replacing our Q7 TDI... I must say the LC is not nearly as awesome as the Q7 - for highway towing - especially considering the mileage. But nothing really would be.

On the ramp though the LC is an absolute beast! It feels just crazy capable, w/unbelievable traction control, on a lousy, steep ramp and that's still in "D".
Switching to low gear, L4 /Crawl etc, this thing could probably pull our Marina House out of the water, lol.
upload_2018-5-1_23-10-10.png

--

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Beast! Would love to put the TRD supercharger on my Tundra, unfortunately it's not in the budget.
View attachment 73925
So worth the money if you can. I came from a supercharged 4Runner, but the Tundra is an all new beast. 6500 lbs of steel should not be able to do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, but boy is it fun when it does! I'm having a real LSD installed and then tuned again so it should get better.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any reviews on the Dodge Ram ecodiesel? How well does it tow these boats? Reliability?

I was considering one as a new tow vehicle.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any reviews on the Dodge Ram ecodiesel? How well does it tow these boats? Reliability?

I was considering one as a new tow vehicle.
If price isn't a factor I would wait until the eTorque Hemi and Diesel get announced for the 2019 Ram. Rumor is they are upping the Eco to out do Ford and the Hemi with etoque should bring it's city MPG pretty close to highway.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is one of the trickiest landings I use - easy to lose traction/start sliding down, even walking, as it is all small gravel and sand w/about 20 degree slope (which feels like 45, lol).
The new Landy did extremely well there, kind of impressive.
(Now, her fuel mileage... I guess that's is a different story)
upload_2018-5-25_6-50-44.png

upload_2018-5-25_6-58-49.png

upload_2018-5-25_6-59-28.png

--

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one of the trickiest landings I use - easy to lose traction/start sliding down, even walking, as it is all small gravel and sand w/about 20 degree slope (which feels like 45, lol).
The new Landy did extremely well there, kind of impressive.
(Now, her fuel mileage... I guess that's is a different story)
View attachment 75068

View attachment 75070

View attachment 75071

--
Did you need to switch into 4low? I'd be a nervous wreck on that ramp! I know my Ram wouldn't have a problem with it, but I would.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've only used a "non-concrete" ramp once. That was on Lake Norris in TN at a friends wedding. They rented the whole crew a house for the weekend, and it had a ramp, so of course I brought the boat. It was the same kind of small gravel/sand, but was super NOT steep. Ended up about 40ft out in the water before it dropped off enough to get the boat off the trailer. Water was not quite to the center line of the axles on the Yukon at that point......Wasn't horrible really......Now the climb out of the house property was a switchback "large gravel" roadway that was super sketchy backing down. Hit the brakes and the truck/boat combo would continue 2-3ft with all 4 tires on the truck locked. I don't think Iv'e ever gone taht slow before!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you need to switch into 4low? I'd be a nervous wreck on that ramp! I know my Ram wouldn't have a problem with it, but I would.
I did shift it to 4low just for the fun of it, probably didn't need to. As far as off road traction this vehicle is completely insane.
It will actually drive itself, the thing can be switched to an automatic "crawl" where cameras and sensors determine the type of surface/terrain you are navigating and the thing literally drives itself (you still have to steer it). In the most aggressive/slow moving settings it the parts of suspension moving makes funny and kind of loud noises, rocking back and forth, feels like driving in a freaking Mars rover, lol.

EDIT: but I will say this: on a highway I miss my Q7 TDI! There is nothing like diesel for towing the distance.

--