• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the 19ft boats finally get what they've been asking for. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Screenshot_20190814-185657_Chrome.jpg
AR195 w 19FT Surf Package.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-185840_Chrome.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.55.21 PM.png
Only 2019 and up model years. I'm assuming because the current hull design began in 2019.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They tried very hard not to show the Fatsac logo......🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The attachment points for the transom ballast on the 19ft boards looks interesting.
View attachment 102915

Screenshot from this video. Also shows a good looking wake of the 19ft'ers...
yeah, thanks for posting, I was lookign at this thing as well.

I think I want to mount some "place holders" for the bag to complete my ballast "remodel", lol.
I guess I need to find the best adhesive that would work on the Fatsac plastic. Given @jcyamahariders wife warning about stressing the handles.
Any suggestions?

--

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski do you feel your ropes are pulling hard on the handles since you position your bag so far off the transom ? The bag we got back every handle was ripped in half. It was pretty apparent the handles were holding all the weight. The bag Yamaha has above is holding from the back and only a couple hundred pounds.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was concerned about that as well. So I put nylon loops on my stern cleats and ratchet straps across from side to side and through the loops on the bag. The nylon loops, keep the metal off the gelcote.

So yes, we have to crawl over the straps, but its a non issue. And the handles on the bag don't hold any weight, they just keep the straps from sliding up. And the straps literally just keep the bag from slipping back off the swimdeck. It's planted pretty good. The weight is spread across the width of the bag against the strap. This seems to be working for us so far.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski do you feel your ropes are pulling hard on the handles since you position your bag so far off the transom ?
There is definitely some pull, no doubt. I have taken your kind advice and backed off somewhat, but your experience with those handles coming off makes me want to do something. And regardless, coming up with a set of, say, 4 clip-on attachments/ straps (how do I call those... without it sounding weird, anyway? lol) would be great for the bag placement - set it and forget it kid of a thing, once I calibrate the intakes and timers.

I wonder what the best adhesive would be.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was concerned about that as well. So I put nylon loops on my stern cleans and ratchet straps across from side to side and through the loops on the bag. The nylon loops, keep the metal off the gelcote.

So yes, we have to crawl over the straps, but its a non issue. And the handles on the bag don't hold any weight, they just keep the straps from sliding up. And the straps literally just keep the bag from slipping back off the swimdeck. It's planted pretty good. The weight is spread across the width of the bag against the strap. This seems to be working for us so far.

View attachment 102933
That is a good system for sure, but frankly I'm trying to avoid clattering the deck. No ratchet straps or wooden pallets! If I can avoid it, lolol.
What pump are you using? Do you have a johnson in your wet compartment? On a strbd side?
Dammm, that did not come out sounding right...

EDIT: I clearly need more coffee; over and out.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No idea on the adhesive. I used gorilla glue to temp fix the handles on that bag and we will see how it goes.

I do like @biffdotorg and just use the handles as guides and secure across the the boat from cleat to cleat. Never had an issue. My top rope goes to the center ski hook loop though.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
20180615_094620.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
--
[/QUOTE]
That is a good system for sure, but frankly I'm trying to avoid clattering the deck. No ratchet straps or wooden pallets! If I can avoid it, lolol.
What pump are you using? Do you have a johnson in your wet compartment? On a strbd side?
Dammm, that did not come out sounding right...

EDIT: I clearly need more coffee; over and out.

--
WTF Swatski, wake up man! (smile) I could run the strap to the center tow point I suppose. We were just having little issue with it across that I left it. And when we switch sides, I dump the water, slide it over and it's still strapped.

The ratchets are a little ghetto, but are so easy to adjust, and the hooks connect quickly. When we dump the ballast for the day, we roll it up with the ratchets still looped and drop it in the ski locker.

We are using a Supa Tsunami pump. I think it's got to be the fastest non-permanent pump on the market. It was the logical "next step" in this progression before a spring time pump install system. I got it used for half price, so I know I will never loose a dime on that investment.

What got me was how fast it could pump out the twin 400's. I was a bit worried about that the first time. As a guy wonders, "if the pump doesn't work, how am I gonna get all that water out of my boat?" The transom bag is so easy to dump. I am glad a have a couple spare plugs, as I am just waiting for the day that I lose one. It would not take much to have the water blow it out of your hand on removal.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am glad a have a couple spare plugs, as I am just waiting for the day that I lose one. It would not take much to have the water blow it out of your hand on removal.
I replaced my plugs with 2 of these. 1. Lets me use a second pump to fill, 2. Drains way faster and no fear of loosing the plugs. 3. No chance of cross threading the plugs.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one of those on top for filling. I guess I never thought to put them on the bottom as well for draining. I was saving them for fill ports for my pump. I guess when I actually loose a plug, I will replace them with fill plugs like that. HA!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the fill time different filling from the bottom like that? I find myself doing the fill with air method on the stern to be sure the bag is positioned right and then filling from the top and purging air from the top.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have one of those on top for filling. I guess I never thought to put them on the bottom as well for draining. I was saving them for fill ports for my pump. I guess when I actually loose a plug, I will replace them with fill plugs like that. HA!
Jerry always finds extra mods for people.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is the fill time different filling from the bottom like that? If find myself doing the fill with air method on the stern to be sure the bag is positioned right.
This is the second pump attachment. We have the tsunami pump filling from the top and the ballast puppy filling from the bottom. It fills the bag in 5 minutes.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am glad a have a couple spare plugs, as I am just waiting for the day that I lose one. It would not take much to have the water blow it out of your hand on removal.
Been there done that... now I have 2 extra. I like @jcyamaharider's idea though.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the second pump attachment. We have the tsunami pump filling from the top and the ballast puppy filling from the bottom. It fills the bag in 5 minutes.
20190815_095519.jpg