• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
2109 Yamaha FSH 210 Sport. @JetBoatPilot TVWake, @jcyamaharider Slingshot Coaster XR 5'0" board, 650lb sack centered on rear swim deck, 650 lb sack left of center console. 145 lb rider and myself. 11 mph on ride steady.

Day 1, 80% full tank of gas.

Day 2, 30% tank gas

Didn't get pics of day three, but didn't use the 650 lb bag beside the center console and used around 700-800 lbs of human ballast moved around in the boat (5 adults on wake side towards the rear and 2 kids up front) and the wake was awesome! And made switching between regular and goofy for riders a breeze!

Loving the Jack-of-all-trades boat!
Considering an AR210 what kind of rpm’s are you running with ballast. My question is really with ballast and a boat load of people will the TR1’s be sufficient?

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering an AR210 what kind of rpm’s are you running with ballast. My question is really with ballast and a boat load of people will the TR1’s be sufficient?
Yes it is. I have 600-650 on the swim deck. And a 650 bag in the boat either fully filled if its just me + 1 or partially/not filled depending on the number of people in the boat. I weigh 180# and just went surfing tonight with 6 other adults in the boat.
9DD29261-1E73-4843-A7B6-8E52B6B31DC8.jpeg

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes it is. I have 600-650 on the swim deck. And a 650 bag in the boat either fully filled if its just me + 1 or partially/not filled depending on the number of people in the boat. I weigh 180# and just went surfing tonight with 6 other adults in the boat.
View attachment 97415
That’s awesome!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No wake pictures yet
Yesterday was a very frustrating day,
Finally got my custom bag filled with water
Filling with air first i think did make it easier to place
21' version on 2007 ar230
With 1100lbs on center floor git the rub rail under but not the swim deck

20190621_174540.jpg20190621_180119.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No wake pictures yet
Yesterday was a very frustrating day,
Finally got my custom bag filled with water
Filling with air first i think did make it easier to place
21' version on 2007 ar230
With 1100lbs on center floor git the rub rail under but not the swim deck

View attachment 97484View attachment 97485
What was frustrating about the day? The setup and results? Conditions?

Draining some from the ballast from the center might help focus more of the eight in the rear and put the swim deck under more...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was frustrating about the day? The setup and results? Conditions?

Draining some from the ballast from the center might help focus more of the eight in the rear and put the swim deck under more...
IDK. Maybe @Scottintexas didn't enjoy wrestling that "walrus" on his swim deck...? lol
:cool:
But I agree, maybe sliding both bags aft would help pitch the hull more.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IDK. Maybe @Scottintexas didn't enjoy wrestling that "walrus" on his swim deck...? lol
:cool:
But I agree, maybe sliding both bags aft would help pitch the hull more.

--
I filled the damn thing up the other day only to realize I left my surf rope trapped below it under the clean-out hatch... 🤦‍♂️ Such a PIA, lol! The surfing that followed made up for it pretty quick.

Last edited:

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I filled the damn thing up the other day only to realize I left my surf rope trapped below it under the clean-out hatch... 🤦‍♂️ Such a PIA, lol! The surfing that followed made up for it pretty quick.

I feel your pain... been there done that 🤦‍♂️

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted this thread a little while ago but I was messaging @jcyamaharider today about boards and just thought how great the combination of the transom bag and wake wedge work together. It has helped transform my season and my ability to ride the boards I want. I've now had the chance to demo one of every model of the Slingshot wakesurfers behind my boat and managed to not only go ropeless with every one of them, but to really have a lot of fun playing on my wake with them. I feel like I have an exotic car collection and I have the struggle of trying to decide which one to drive...

The boards are rad but the wake takes them to the next level... I'm optimistic that as I utilize the wedge and ballast I'll get better and better at dialing it in and it'll be even better.

Here's the thread of those demo rides:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/transom-videos-slingshot-wakesurfers-behind-my-ar240.22795/

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted this thread a little while ago but I was messaging @jcyamaharider today about boards and just thought how great the combination of the transom bag and wake wedge work together. It has helped transform my season and my ability to ride the boards I want. I've now had the chance to demo one of every model of the Slingshot wakesurfers behind my boat and managed to not only go ropeless with every one of them, but to really have a lot of fun playing on my wake with them. I feel like I have an exotic car collection and I have the struggle of trying to decide which one to drive...

The boards are rad but the wake takes them to the next level... I'm optimistic that as I utilize the wedge and ballast I'll get better and better at dialing it in and it'll be even better.

Here's the thread of those demo rides:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/transom-videos-slingshot-wakesurfers-behind-my-ar240.22795/
I find your posts to be most informative, really appreciate you sharing the insights, this is info impossible to find otherwise.
I’ll be looking for a new board at some point hopefully this season. Now I know where to look!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find your posts to be most informative, really appreciate you sharing the insights, this is info impossible to find otherwise.
I’ll be looking for a new board at some point hopefully this season. Now I know where to look!

Thanks! Your going to have quite the collection on your hands. I remember lasts fall saying, "I don't need any more boards..." Haha! There's no such thing...

Besides having fun, I hope I'm providing a little insight on how these boards ride for the average Joe and Jane. Also trying to be as informed as I can be when making recommendations.

I'll hook you up when you're ready. 🤜💥🤛

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m still a little frustrated trying to surf... I knew it was going to be a little more of a challenge with my 2018 Ar190 and my list of “wants/needs” in mods to accommodate are a little (a lot) more than the wife wants me to do in one season. Ronix 800lb ballast on upper platform deck est filled to 700lb @ 11mph Friday and nice smooth water on liquid force rocket 5’4” and TVW is still sitting on the dining room table as i’m Just holding off install till Will gives the final go. My daughter in the pic is brand new to any Watersports. At 16years old I wouldn’t let her drive and take my picture as she has enough on her plate learning to manipulate the throttle to keep it at 11mph. I myself grew up surfing on the east coast of Florida, it’s been a few years but surfing skills are decent but I just can’t feel or get any push from the wake, haven’t been able to get any slack in the rope. Mods on the horizon L13/pump seal, ridesteady and ribbon delete . I want those before I put another bag in the boat (too much cavitation). Never wakesurfed but wakeboarded most of my life, so this season is a first, just wish I could find a way to ride a good wave to feel what I’m looking for in the push. I’m not giving up (milking the wife for more mods) lol!!
7E431097-8422-4F11-B0AE-DF8774C2158E.jpeg

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wake surfing and Wakeboarding are 2 totally different things. Your stance on the board 100% changes. If you are standing like a wakeboarder then you will NEVER go ropeless. Your weight distribution on a surf board should be 85-90% front leg.