• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simple Green?

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've seen that a lot of folks on the forum use Simple Green for a variety of surfaces on their boat. I'd like to try it on my Seadek, but wonder if it is safe to get it on the gel coat that is around the Seadek. A few years ago I was cleaning a grill with Simple Green and it ran down the painted side of the grill and faded whatever paint it touched, so I'm hesitant to use it again.

Thanks!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use it to clean my hydro turf, ( same as sea deck, just not as tough ) and I had no issues. Remember this is gel coat and not paint, so it can take some abuse.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a 50\50 blend with water in a spray bottle all the time on our cruiser all the time. I use it to take spider poop off and it works as well or better then Rolloff and it doesn't strip the wax off as bad or leave streaks like other products can. It's also biodegradable so it's nontoxic so I don't feel bad using it on the water.:winkingthumbsup"

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use it on my hull and it seems like the lake scunge doesnt build up on it as fast. Its like it leaves a protective film or something like that on it. It also works well on the vinyl interior too.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not trying to hijack, but I have some stickers on my hull that look like they were left on from the factory. Would simple green help there or so I need something stronger like goo gone?

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think a product like goo-gone or goof-off would work better. Or any citrus based cleaner like Big orange is what I prefer. It wont be as harsh as googone and seems to melt the glues they use on the stickers. Plus it smells good too.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Ron, I am going to try the harsher stuff, and then make sure to wax as the cleaner will definitely remove any wax.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BlackandTan I use Simple Green in a bucket with water to clean my Seadek. Works well.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simple green is great for stains and cleaning. I just use conditioning sauce afterwards to give it back moisture.

For vinyl removal You could use rubbing alcohol. You will just need to wax the area once removed.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just used Simple Green on my seats and interior and it worked really well. The bottle says it is safe for everything (except leather and suede) including painted wood so I don't think it will damage gel coat. I did about 4 gallons of water (512 ounces) and about 48 ounces of Simple Green. I went with the 1/10 strength described on the bottle and diluted a little bit more just to be safe.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length