• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
(Your 'Global' battery needs a cover over the positive terminal. Helps prevent accidental short circuits...)
That’s a good point.. I’ll have to go pick one up. Thanks for the heads up!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went yesterday to install clarion tower speakers on my AR192. I didnt realize the Bimini gets in the way so I had to make a decision of the 2 locations. I decided to put them on the sides. I have a flood light on the tower so I worked into the night.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you remove the rubber bumper that goes on the frame right there?
I forget exactly where it is but it’s not on that spot. I didn’t have to modify it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use turtle wax sticker remover and an old credit card. worked great!
Just wanted to point out that it is much cheaper if you use a new credit card. And use it to the point of destruction.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you use to remove graphics/stickers w/o harming the gelcoat or paints? I'm considering doing the same
I let it sit in the sun to warm up, and most everything came off pretty clean. I'd suggest using a hair dryer or heat gun to help it come off even cleaner, as my small test removal on the bow sticker was removed more cleanly than the rest of them.

As for the residue left over, I used Goof Off and a ton of paper towels. I recommend changing the paper towels very frequently to avoid smearing any leftover adhesive as well. Use gloves, and do about a square foot per towel - you'll quickly get a feel for when to swap out towels because it'll be difficult to remove without smearing once the towel is loaded with old adhesive.

Lastly, I'm going to be doing a stripping wash on the boat tomorrow to remove the old sealant (Rejex) so everything is even, and reapply a coat of Rejex. I tried a wash with Dawn dish washing soap, 3oz to 3 gallons of water, and it cleaned up the stickered areas just fine, but my year-old Rejex was fairly unaffected. If you haven't waxed or sealed your boat, the Dawn wash (1oz per gallon) will be sufficient. Use the blue stuff.

Given the performance of the Rejex I had on there, I'm a convert to the stuff. For the cost to performance ratio, I'm sold, and I'd recommend using it on your boat after you get done with your sticker removal

IMG_20200807_003316102.jpg

sebagobill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Stowed all removable cushions, tied down any stray accessories in the boat, shored up the covers, and added a second mooring pendant. Isaias is trying his darnedest, but as of 15 minutes ago, the boat is still there. Lots of carnage along the shore though. @sebagobill - how'd you hold up?
Thankfully my boat is good, but the dock was pulled and twisted a bit. Its the longest dock in the cove, and 3 boats at the end proved too much. We're gonna add more anchors to keep it in place. Glad to hear you survived!

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got the Gatorstep installed right in time for Lake Powell

Attachments

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally have some more things to add to this chain!

Installed a second battery with the mini-add a battery kit (thank you to everyone that helped! I went with Blue Sea's advice and connected it directly to the batteries with my dual-bank charger). Need to clean it up a bit and fix the fit and finish, but it's all ready to go.

Replaced every stock audio cable with higher-end 14 ga. audio cable.

Added 4 additional speakers inside the boat - two 4" Kickers by the existing cabin speakers, and two 4" Kickers up in the bow near the back cusions.

Rewired existing Kenwood amp to power the new 4" speakers.

Added new JBL amp to power the existing 6.5" Kickers for additional power. Cleaned up all wiring for amps and speakers.

Added Kenwood remote to drivers dashboard; used a gauge holder instead of drilling into the dash so that it could be moved and turned.

And, bonus: bought a new phone holder.

It was a busy weekend.

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I like that jack! Which one did you go with (link)? How was install? I want to swap my shitty stock one out.
Nobody give him any info until he posts pics of what he claims he did in the post above! You know the saying, pics, or it didn't happen!

That's an XO jack from Ark. There's a few threads about it around here, @swatski has one, I have one...WITH PICS! :p

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nobody give him any info until he posts pics of what he claims he did in the post above! You know the saying, pics, or it didn't happen!

That's an XO jack from Ark. There's a few threads about it around here, @swatski has one, I have one...WITH PICS! :p
Ha! Okay okay fair. I'll be posting pictures when I get it all cleaned up (the wiring, etc.) But I'll upload photos of the speakers and gauges and whatnot!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can tell you this - that black Ark is gonna be around $300. The silver version is $50 or so bucks less, but I was of the mind that another few bucks thrown at the thing was a drop in the bucket at that point. I've had a former boat salesman (neighbor's son) compliment me on it, and tell me "that thing looks bombproof!", and mentioned that the original jack on my trailer was one of the things they would ALWAYS replace on the boat/trailer combo's they sold - he didn't sell Yamaha's, but they sold Supra's and Moomba's, as well as some other pontoon and fishing boats. He said he just shook his head at what some of the manufacturers would spec on these trailers, and said it's ridiculous that they'd put a $30-40 jack on a trailer that's gonna be holding a $70-80k boat. They always swapped in Fulton's, and he said the difference another hundred-plus dollars would make on those jacks was huge. I have had several people with new $80k+ boats notice my jack after using theirs a few times, and ask me where I got it from, and I know of 2 that have swapped out - one with the black XO to match their trailer (really, that's the only reason I got the black one), and another got the next size down in silver that Ark sells. Both of them thanked me for the info, and are amazed at the difference in quality.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Removed graphics and prepped hull for wrap whenever that gets here, installed Corba Steering system and fangs, scrubbed all the seats down and 303 protected them! Pics to come, next on the list is ribbon delete, idp wrap, bypass valves, new head unit and remote, new speakers and that will prob wrap it up for this season.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
After our trp to the Michigan sand dunes...
... We decided that it would be a good idea to add tower speakers so we could more enjoy the tunes from the shore. Scarab's cost for the upgrade was $780. The identical speakers/enclosures on Kicker's web site were around $550. Amazon had the combo for $440! Amazon it is!

With a bit of help from this forum, I was able to install them.

Haven't tried the blue lights at night... Yet!

Now, I gotta get some speaker covers. Any suggestions?