• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the Thrust Vector X, the Cobra clean-out locks, Speaker Sox and an 18" 180* mirror. We should be ready to go for tomorrow.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I attached a couple shades to help keep it clean and dry (for the most part) and keep the sun off it (main reason). Florida sun is nasty. I attached it to pulleys so I would not have to hang off the bow to clip the shade.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed the NOCO Genmini2 and the Stoltz bow roller.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Installed fusion radio bought from fellow member @robertr

Of course the sony original sony radio was huge compared to this fusion, so I had to fabricate a starboard piece, came out great (included before and after pics). Splicing the Wiring was simple,was able to find the original manual for the stock Sonyradio and just spliced and heatshrink the connections. Room was a little tight behind the radio but was able to squeeze my self thru to make all the connections. Next mods will include an amp, sub and 4 new speakers.

Attachments

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Which ones did you get? I only see ones for Kicker's kmt6 which is a dual enclosure. I've got the 8" singles.
The Kicker KMTES8 will fit perfect in Bullet 8" Hollow Points

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed a replacement ski locker latch.
Looks good. I recently had to do the same thing. It took me a while to get the latch to separate. I didn't have a channel lock at the lake and mine was really stuck together good. After verifying on this forum that I was doing the correct thing to get it off, I went back at it and it finally unscrewed. Then channel lock is key.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the throttles apart after watching the video on throttle drop and installed hose clamps. Had to tap them into place, snugged them up & crimped tight. In all it took maybe 30 minutes to do the job. We’ll see if it helps the next time out.
57738D19-E411-4B15-BDA9-1061E0BCF807.jpeg3C6809A3-EBB0-45A6-8F26-84C4CF6C85AD.jpeg

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Added some underwater transom lights from BoatPlugLight.com

I replaced my drain plugs with two of these:

I decided to build a box to contain all of the electronics (really just a relay and led drivers:
I figured this would make it more organized than just soldering/crimping wires and drivers and leaving them in the bilge. I also thought it would be easier to troubleshoot and or replace components if need be.

Missing are the 4 led drivers that are stuffed on top of the wiring blocks (I forgot to take a picture):

I also used 4 waterproof connectors to make the lights easy to disconnect if needed:

So here is the box installed (it's a tight fit behind the battery):

While I was there, I decided to add a fuse box because my battery terminals were getting full:
Scarab has around 5 things already connected to the -ve terminal. I had a secondary bilge pump and an accessory fusebox (for the forward marine radio) in the passenger-side console. It also makes it easier to locate blown fuses if need be.

The Result?

From the back:

Looking down from the swim platform:

Underway:

So, overall, I'm pretty happy with the lights so far. They seem plenty bright and I'm plesantly surprised how blue the projection is given that our harbor water is pretty murky. Also, one of my "ice cube" drivers didn't work. Diablo Royale Customs shipped another one the same day, no questions asked, and it arrived 5 days later (including the weekend).

Should make for some fun night swimming!

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Added some underwater transom lights from BoatPlugLight.com

I replaced my drain plugs with two of these:

I decided to build a box to contain all of the electronics (really just a relay and led drivers:
I figured this would make it more organized than just soldering/crimping wires and drivers and leaving them in the bilge. I also thought it would be easier to troubleshoot and or replace components if need be.

Missing are the 4 led drivers that are stuffed on top of the wiring blocks (I forgot to take a picture):

I also used 4 waterproof connectors to make the lights easy to disconnect if needed:

So here is the box installed (it's a tight fit behind the battery):

While I was there, I decided to add a fuse box because my battery terminals were getting full:
Scarab has around 5 things already connected to the -ve terminal. I had a secondary bilge pump and an accessory fusebox (for the forward marine radio) in the passenger-side console. It also makes it easier to locate blown fuses if need be.

The Result?

From the back:

Looking down from the swim platform:

Underway:

So, overall, I'm pretty happy with the lights so far. They seem plenty bright and I'm plesantly surprised how blue the projection is given that our harbor water is pretty murky. Also, one of my "ice cube" drivers didn't work. Diablo Royale Customs shipped another one the same day, no questions asked, and it arrived 5 days later (including the weekend).

Should make for some fun night swimming!
Nice light! Looks good. Be careful running these on plane. Mine (pictured below) burnt out and when I called the company they stated their lights are not meant to be used out of water. I asked if they sold any lights that do and (at that time) they said no. I noticed on their website they have a few additions to their collection so maybe they have some now. IDK.

1600368018036.png

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Nice light! Looks good. Be careful running these on plane. Mine (pictured below) burnt out and when I called the company they stated their lights are not meant to be used out of water. I asked if they sold any lights that do and (at that time) they said no. I noticed on their website they have a few additions to their collection so maybe they have some now. IDK.

View attachment 133729
Hmm... Thanks, good to know.

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Installed a new gps and fish finder, garmin 74sv on my 212ss. Used the same location of the factory depth finder for the transducer just mounted in a piece of starboard. Just missing a gage blank to cover the depth finder hole.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Installed a new gps and fish finder, garmin 74sv on my 212ss. Used the same location of the factory depth finder for the transducer just mounted in a piece of starboard. Just missing a gage blank to cover the depth finder hole.
Sweet! I have the same one. You'll love it.