• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ski Locker Plug In

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All,

Is there any issue with keeping my ski locker plugged? 2018 AR190. I prefer to keep the area dry and I notice that occasionally if there is any water in the boat, it tends to backflush into the ski locker if we are sitting still. My thought is to plug it. If we ever take a wave over the bow, I or someone on board will just have to pull the ski locker plug to help with drainage. My other thought is by keeping it plugged, it will keep the water towards the back of the boat and therefore more likely to be pumped out right? Any risks or anything I am missing?

Thanks,
Steve

I have found there are two schools of thought on this subject in this forum. There are those that keep it plugged and those who don’t plug it at all. Both have their reasons. So, I would say you’re fine with your decision. Hope this helps some.

Hi All,

Is there any issue with keeping my ski locker plugged? 2018 AR190. I prefer to keep the area dry and I notice that occasionally if there is any water in the boat, it tends to backflush into the ski locker if we are sitting still. My thought is to plug it. If we ever take a wave over the bow, I or someone on board will just have to pull the ski locker plug to help with drainage. My other thought is by keeping it plugged, it will keep the water towards the back of the boat and therefore more likely to be pumped out right? Any risks or anything I am missing?

Thanks,
Steve
I leave the plug in all the time for the reasons you bring up. Never had any water in there since I started doing that.

I am chiming in, not to offer any opinion on whether an innie or an outtie is preferable, but to mention something you may or may not be aware of. My ski locker plug (along with several others around here) was never sealed properly from the factory. It never mattered if I kept my ski locker plug IN, because water in the bilge would simply flow up and around the fitting, and fill my ski locker.

Depending on the design of your boat, your anchor locker may be set up for all overflow to go into the ski locker, which you would then want the plug OUT to drain that into the bilge, and eventually get it out of your boat.

Use this info for whatever purposes you wish, I'm sure you will make the best choice for your situation. :winkingthumbsup"

My decision on this topic was made easier for me by Yamaha. The 2021 25' boats(AR250) dont have a plug or a way to plug the Ski Locker.

Back