• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snowmobile vs semi

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @biglar155 you OK? I got a notification while driving around for work today about a "meeting" between a semi and a snowmobile, near Hwy 57...hoping it's not you *crosses fingers*

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm still sitting up and taking nourishment. Thanks for checking in!

I didn't hear about that one - 'course I've been head-down with work lately so I'm not paying attention to much else. I'm willing to bet it didn't end well for the guy on the sled.

I don't have a snowmobile anyway. WI doesn't get enough snow for me to bother. I got a little spoiled growing up in the North Woods of Da U.P. If I can't open the garage door and be on the trail in a block, it's too far. :cool:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just asked the Wife about it. It sounds like it was right by the Fredonia stop-light.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm from Port Washington/Saukville area and I know crossing Hwy 57 can be intimidating to cross on a sled as cars are moving at freeway speeds...
I'm curious about the details of what happened. It IS a FOUR lane divided hwy with a fair size median. I have seen folks check for traffic on one side and blow through the other without checking AGAIN.

Sad day for the family and for the snowmobiling community for sure !