• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sold my yamaha for a 2020 255 scarab

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well guys I sold our Yamaha jetty that we had for 3 years and I just got what they said 1st on west coast scarab 2020 255ID wake edition.
I will be doing a comparison since lots of people do push for Yamaha, but having that boat there some pluses and minuses for every family, it depend what are you looking to do with it.
hahhaha i bought a yami ar240 traded it in before the first payment for fully loaded 255 wake3 impulse and so glad i did

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi, I just did a search on the Scarab 255 and found this thread.... Loved it!... just wondering if any of you, especially 255idtwin300s or Mt.Ridge Adventures, have anymore updates on their boats!... Just sold my old 2005 AR230HO, and was planning on getting a new 2021 Yamaha 255XD... but not 100% sold on it... especially now that it’s close to the same price as the Scarab 255ID.
But I’d love to hear some more comparisons!.. heck, I just realized Scarab made a jet boat a few weeks ago!... LoL!...
scarab is a better looking boat and just better in my opinion

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hahhaha i bought a yami ar240 traded it in before the first payment for fully loaded 255 wake3 impulse and so glad i did
Wow!... that’s awesome!.... can’t wait to here what you think of the 255!.. like you said, I too love the looks of the Scarab!... and from what I’ve been reading, the 300’s are great motors!...
It’s crazy, I was 100% set on a new 2021 Yamaha, until they came out.... not to say they’re probably a great boat!... In fact I’m sure that are!.. but they disappointed me with the new look and colors (I was hoping they’d still look fairly similar to the 2020 242X... still love that boat!
Would love to see some pics!!!!

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow!... that’s awesome!.... can’t wait to here what you think of the 255!.. like you said, I too love the looks of the Scarab!... and from what I’ve been reading, the 300’s are great motors!...
It’s crazy, I was 100% set on a new 2021 Yamaha, until they came out.... not to say they’re probably a great boat!... In fact I’m sure that are!.. but they disappointed me with the new look and colors (I was hoping they’d still look fairly similar to the 2020 242X... still love that boat!
Would love to see some pics!!!!
yes and the ar240 had two throttles u had to try to maneuver the boat . lame! i didnt like the quality of the boat. i love my scarab. its goof proof. but if dealer representation is important to u, research if there r any near you as warranty work u will have to travel. at least here un cali. boat is fast. i use it in the ocean off danapoint san clemente.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes and the ar240 had two throttles u had to try to maneuver the boat . lame! i didnt like the quality of the boat. i love my scarab. its goof proof. but if dealer representation is important to u, research if there r any near you as warranty work u will have to travel. at least here un cali. boat is fast. i use it in the ocean off danapoint san clemente.
Quick question, I’m also in California.... and I’ve read that they don’t sell the boat with the Ace 300’s in CA.... is that true?... I’m assuming yours has the 300’s?
I do most of my boating in Lake Havasu... but with the closed loop cooling system of the Rotax, I might be interested in taking it out in the ocean, which would be fun. Take it to Catalina (on a calm day of course.... LoL)
Yeah, looks like the closest Scarab dealer is either Fresno of Phoenix .... Phoenix might be closer seeing as how I’d have it stored in Havasu.

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I went with 2020 sarab 255 ID, wake edition.
Black with that brown interior, limited 600hp supercharged, just because dealer gave me a pretty good deal, I think.
The boat is alot heavier then Yamaha which needed I bit bigger engine (what I said to my wife) but It does makes it a smoother ride.
Test ride blowed me away, I'm picking mine I few days, I'll try to post a video for you guys.
Well guys I sold our Yamaha jetty that we had for 3 years and I just got what they said 1st on west coast scarab 2020 255ID wake edition.
I will be doing a comparison since lots of people do push for Yamaha, but having that boat there some pluses and minuses for every family, it depend what are you looking to do with it.
If u facebook bo on scarab page (the from nee orleans powesports)
Grab a pen and pad
U will learn sooooo much
And everyone is helpful

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Quick question, I’m also in California.... and I’ve read that they don’t sell the boat with the Ace 300’s in CA.... is that true?... I’m assuming yours has the 300’s?
I do most of my boating in Lake Havasu... but with the closed loop cooling system of the Rotax, I might be interested in taking it out in the ocean, which would be fun. Take it to Catalina (on a calm day of course.... LoL)
Yeah, looks like the closest Scarab dealer is either Fresno of Phoenix .... Phoenix might be closer seeing as how I’d have it stored in Havasu.
No they do sell it
Yes dealer representative is not good
There was one
But mine is out of warranty now so i take it to local sea doo dealer
Contact new orleans powersports for a boat

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No they do sell it
There was one
I only boat off dana point newport
And yes catalina is doable
Way btr boat than the yamaha
I have salt water ready 255 wake impulse

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No they do sell it
There was one
Its pretty much always calm
Go in early morning

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If u facebook bo on scarab page (the from nee orleans powesports)
Grab a pen and pad
U will learn sooooo much
And everyone is helpful
That’s funny you say that!.... just joined the Scarab Face Book page over the weekend.... definitely informative!... That one guy from New Orleans is the MAN!.... almost makes me want to drive from California to New Orleans if I buy one!.... LoL!...
So you do have the 300’s?... drone what I’ve read, this things are awesome!

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That’s funny you say that!.... just joined the Scarab Face Book page over the weekend.... definitely informative!... That one guy from New Orleans is the MAN!.... almost makes me want to drive from California to New Orleans if I buy one!.... LoL!...
So you do have the 300’s?... drone what I’ve read, this things are awesome!
I have the 250’s but they can ship u a boat with 300’s

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How is the brown/cognac interior in the sun/heat??

Looks REALLY sharp but just wondering how warm they get in the sun all; day (I’ve NEVER understood convertible cars with dark leather interiors....ouch!!)

Also, can you give us any updates with your time on the 255?

Thx

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How is the brown/cognac interior in the sun/heat??

Looks REALLY sharp but just wondering how warm they get in the sun all; day (I’ve NEVER understood convertible cars with dark leather interiors....ouch!!)

Also, can you give us any updates with your time on the 255?

Thx
hot! but most boats r .

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hot! but most boats r .
i have 200 hrs on my wake 255. its salt water ready. i boat off dana point and newport beach california all year. boat is user friendly. and way better than yamaha. the hull handles rough water well. steers in neutral! and alsi idles in neutral. its goof proof. dock mode is amazing. i try find video and post

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
hot! but most boats r .
So how hot? Do you have to put a towel over them or spray them down hot???

If you could do it over again, would you go with that color or a lighter color?

Thx

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So how hot? Do you have to put a towel over them or spray them down hot???

If you could do it over again, would you go with that color or a lighter color?

Thx
Its not about the color
Its about the material. Gotta by a different boat if thats important
I think the mastercraft top of line has cool to touch
And im not sure if the 285 scarab has cool to touch
I would hope it would. Most the time people have beach towels on the boat anyway
Cuz its so hot out u stick to the seats
Its no big deal for me

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
2021s will have the cool touch option

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
2021s will have the cool touch option
That would be awesome.

Inside information??

Do you know when the 2021 info will be released??

Also, I thought Scarab is no longer a part of its parent company’s future direction......wondering what is going to happen....

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That would be awesome.

Inside information??

Do you know when the 2021 info will be released??

Also, I thought Scarab is no longer a part of its parent company’s future direction......wondering what is going to happen....
No, just in the process of ordering my 285 so the dealer told me so. I have seen a pic, to dark for me.

And i bet it will look ugly if salt water gets on it. The cushions are just black, no details to them.

Also some changes to the Audio and and options.

Didn't really know this was non official info...

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No, just in the process of ordering my 285 so the dealer told me so. I have seen a pic, to dark for me.

And i bet it will look ugly if salt water gets on it. The cushions are just black, no details to them.

Also some changes to the Audio and and options.

Didn't really know this was non official info...
Yes salt water turns seats with a slight dull white
Fade in certain areas
At least the old material
Does
Thats a good question to ask.