• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sold my yamaha for a 2020 255 scarab

Mt.Ridge Adventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well hi there guys, it's been some time.... I took the boat few times but I dont think enough to fully break in the engines but tell you what....
Got to about 47 didnt wanna push it to much.
But the ride is awesome... I love the boat and everything about it, like previous reviews from few guys stated I usually use for a family fun, cruising and chilling.
Comes on plane quick, and compare to yami its alot more quiet. (In my opinion) But having yami I think they have more storage that u can use, seems scarab didnt used all the space I would lol.
Love the seats, wife and kids love the back platform and bench ohh my that's the only place they chill at.
Sound is awesome too, I though it might be like yami but tell you what, it's better way better sound then yamaha has. We had both next to each other and we agreed that sounded clean, I think I'm adding tower speakers too. Lol
Well with having it for few days I started picking on little shit( the boat cover nubs or what ever those clips are not all tight and level. The first time we opened the sun cover it had 5 holes in it that my finger will go through, I think it rubbed with the frame pieces. No prob there i called dealer they got me a new one but it took a month to get it. And a hoodie from a scarab for my troubles...( I tolled them I need one for whole family for that wait)
Few things were not tight, like some hinges, and found a ratchet in my engine compartment so I went through every bolt and screw that I could find, just incase. And I kept the ratchet.. snap on lol.
Just did a limo tint on the glass, theres not many places you can put your phone out, so leaving on top now it's better 70% uv rated .
I think I there might be something else, but overall we glad that we made our choice on scarab, yeah the cleaning ports from yami would be nice but so far didnt need them.
We love the size, the way it handles the water I like it...so so far I'm very happy and cant wait for the next season to have fun earlier.

Attachments

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well hi there guys, it's been some time.... I took the boat few times but I dont think enough to fully break in the engines but tell you what....
Got to about 47 didnt wanna push it to much.
But the ride is awesome... I love the boat and everything about it, like previous reviews from few guys stated I usually use for a family fun, cruising and chilling.
Comes on plane quick, and compare to yami its alot more quiet. (In my opinion) But having yami I think they have more storage that u can use, seems scarab didnt used all the space I would lol.
Love the seats, wife and kids love the back platform and bench ohh my that's the only place they chill at.
Sound is awesome too, I though it might be like yami but tell you what, it's better way better sound then yamaha has. We had both next to each other and we agreed that sounded clean, I think I'm adding tower speakers too. Lol
Well with having it for few days I started picking on little shit( the boat cover nubs or what ever those clips are not all tight and level. The first time we opened the sun cover it had 5 holes in it that my finger will go through, I think it rubbed with the frame pieces. No prob there i called dealer they got me a new one but it took a month to get it. And a hoodie from a scarab for my troubles...( I tolled them I need one for whole family for that wait)
Few things were not tight, like some hinges, and found a ratchet in my engine compartment so I went through every bolt and screw that I could find, just incase. And I kept the ratchet.. snap on lol.
Just did a limo tint on the glass, theres not many places you can put your phone out, so leaving on top now it's better 70% uv rated .
I think I there might be something else, but overall we glad that we made our choice on scarab, yeah the cleaning ports from yami would be nice but so far didnt need them.
We love the size, the way it handles the water I like it...so so far I'm very happy and cant wait for the next season to have fun earlier.
Beautiful boat -- I have same boat! BTW one of your coolant tanks is a little low - ask dealer if they are close to you OR do it yourself and add to the fill line which is basically half way up the tank. You are going to freak out when the engines go full boost - for me it happened after 3.5 hours. HUGE noticable difference. 60 mph all day long.. CS

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thank you both for sharing your experience,

update your profiles with your locations so they will show on your posts,

Mt.Ridge Adventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Beautiful boat -- I have same boat! BTW one of your coolant tanks is a little low - ask dealer if they are close to you OR do it yourself and add to the fill line which is basically half way up the tank. You are going to freak out when the engines go full boost - for me it happened after 3.5 hours. HUGE noticable difference. 60 mph all day long.. CS
I did filled them already, they game me coolant with me so I was watching while riding few times. Make sure it get to where it need to go.
It's a great boat and I like it so far.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does that have ballasts or just a wake tower?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Watching a boat test video on the 255 ID. Very nice boat! But I'm confused about one thing. No twin throttle levers? How is that a good thing?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Watching a boat test video on the 255 ID. Very nice boat! But I'm confused about one thing. No twin throttle levers? How is that a good thing?
These boats are fully computerized and with iNR there is no need. They are are always in sync (or supposed to be) and steering either forwards or backwards is amazing. Why would you need 2 throttles?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Being able to deferentially apply throttle and F/R to each jet will give you a lot of maneuverability, especially in docking type of situations. During cruising I link my e-throttles and use only one lever but it is so much fun to use the dual levers at low speed!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
These boats are fully computerized and with iNR there is no need. They are are always in sync (or supposed to be) and steering either forwards or backwards is amazing. Why would you need 2 throttles?
If one side gets something wedge you can use the other side independently to get you out of Harm's Way so you can work on it

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If one side gets something wedge you can use the other side independently to get you out of Harm's Way so you can work on it
I can do that now. I have done it. I've shut down one motor, turn off the "valve" and got on plane to come home.

Being able to deferentially apply throttle and F/R to each jet will give you a lot of maneuverability, especially in docking type of situations. During cruising I link my e-throttles and use only one lever but it is so much fun to use the dual levers at low speed!
Keep in mind these boat literally turn on a dime (spin on their own center) and with the iNR I can find true neutral no matter where I am. That's fun; being able to stay in one place and not move forward or backwards. With that said the steering IS different cause it the same whether you're going forwards or backwards (it is not opposite).

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
To clarify even more... The system that the Scarabs have is unique. What you think is cool - to have say the port throttle going for ward and the Starboard going in reverse, to spin the boat the desired way - the scarab accomplishes that by simply turning the steering wheel while in neutral. When Dean says the Scarabs spin on a dime - that is actually true.. You can DIGITALLY set your idle position.. Meaning there is a display on my boat that is touchscreen that I can tap the forward arrow on my idle and it will allow the boat to move forward just a tiny bit if desired - OR you can do the same for backwards.. what this does in my opinion is that every jet boat is different - some creep forward in nuetral - some creep backwards - with this easy adjustment - it ensures that your NEUTRAL position of the throttle is actually Neutral and sitting still. NOW - when in Neutral and sitting still, you can turn the steering wheel just a tad to the left - and your boat ( without going forward or backwards) will spin to theleft. If you do it gently and slow , it will gently and very slowly rotate to the left.. If you want it to stop spinning - you simple turn the steering wheel the other way to stop it from spinning. If you turn the steering wheel fast to the left or right - it will spin pretty fast to the direction you turned the steering wheel.

Simply put - it is BAD ASS.. NOTHING is like this on the water. Even the joysticks on double or triple setups with $40k ( 1 engine) outboard set ups are not as specific as they will still tend to pull the whole boat by the rear if you try to do a standing circle. You may ask , why the hell would I want to do a standing circle. Well - when you are docking and you have 8 people on your boat and it is windy and you need to back into a slip that has 1 ft on each side of clearance, you will want that ability..
The vectoring steering on the new Yamaha's is pretty close but not the same as the gates are very different and the force the water ( which is your propulsion) to be expelled differently , making for a different feel and in my opinion not as precise.

Also - the situation of needing to run on one engine is solved on the Scarab by simply pressing a menu button and turning off the TWIN ENGINE SYNC and pushing the button for SINGLE engine operation. No problem.

Hope that helps.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To clarify even more... The system that the Scarabs have is unique. What you think is cool - to have say the port throttle going for ward and the Starboard going in reverse, to spin the boat the desired way - the scarab accomplishes that by simply turning the steering wheel while in neutral. When Dean says the Scarabs spin on a dime - that is actually true.. You can DIGITALLY set your idle position.. Meaning there is a display on my boat that is touchscreen that I can tap the forward arrow on my idle and it will allow the boat to move forward just a tiny bit if desired - OR you can do the same for backwards.. what this does in my opinion is that every jet boat is different - some creep forward in nuetral - some creep backwards - with this easy adjustment - it ensures that your NEUTRAL position of the throttle is actually Neutral and sitting still. NOW - when in Neutral and sitting still, you can turn the steering wheel just a tad to the left - and your boat ( without going forward or backwards) will spin to theleft. If you do it gently and slow , it will gently and very slowly rotate to the left.. If you want it to stop spinning - you simple turn the steering wheel the other way to stop it from spinning. If you turn the steering wheel fast to the left or right - it will spin pretty fast to the direction you turned the steering wheel.

Simply put - it is BAD ASS.. NOTHING is like this on the water. Even the joysticks on double or triple setups with $40k ( 1 engine) outboard set ups are not as specific as they will still tend to pull the whole boat by the rear if you try to do a standing circle. You may ask , why the hell would I want to do a standing circle. Well - when you are docking and you have 8 people on your boat and it is windy and you need to back into a slip that has 1 ft on each side of clearance, you will want that ability..
The vectoring steering on the new Yamaha's is pretty close but not the same as the gates are very different and the force the water ( which is your propulsion) to be expelled differently , making for a different feel and in my opinion not as precise.

Also - the situation of needing to run on one engine is solved on the Scarab by simply pressing a menu button and turning off the TWIN ENGINE SYNC and pushing the button for SINGLE engine operation. No problem.

Hope that helps.
It does. Sounds pretty rad. Go jet boats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@255IDTwin300s totally agree, the maneuverability of a Rotax powerpack (gate design & iNR system) is totally impressive. There is nothing outthere comparable. That single controller act like a joy stick.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Impressive boats! Looking forward to seeing more of them.

I'd like to see more posts of them. As @swatski was mentioning earlier in this thread I'd like to see some surfing. There's a dealer on Facebook that frequently showcases his daughters surfing and riding doubles on either side of the wake, but it's not throwing a comparable wake to what I've seen from Yamaha's. I don't doubt they could do better than what I've seen. I respect if those who've posted here aren't into the sport. It's all good. I just want to see more of what they're capable of.

Keep sharing! ✌

anniel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
If you go a bit slower with no wake it makes better wake. I'm not a pro at it, my ass is to old for it anyway but that's what I found is working. With tanks sucka is pretty good for what I can do...
We used our Scarab 2015 215 for wake surfing last week and it worked well. We don't have a tower and I really think we need one. Debating about upgrading to the Scarab 255 id or Yamaha AR240. Any thoughts from anyone? We did use the Swell Wake Shaper to help. Seems like we will be surfing or tubing.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We used our Scarab 2015 215 for wake surfing last week and it worked well. We don't have a tower and I really think we need one. Debating about upgrading to the Scarab 255 id or Yamaha AR240. Any thoughts from anyone? We did use the Swell Wake Shaper to help. Seems like we will be surfing or tubing.
The AR240 is capable, but, not stock, it takes some investment. To get it really dialed, you'll need a significant amount ballast, digital speed control (Ridesteady), and the Gantlin Products Wake Wedge. Shapers like the swell don't work very well in the Yamaha's. They force too much counter- steer back into the wave.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Scarab 255 make a pretty decent wake, I had to play with FatSac location. I was also running their wake system on one side & a suction cup wedge on the other.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I just did a search on the Scarab 255 and found this thread.... Loved it!... just wondering if any of you, especially 255idtwin300s or Mt.Ridge Adventures, have anymore updates on their boats!... Just sold my old 2005 AR230HO, and was planning on getting a new 2021 Yamaha 255XD... but not 100% sold on it... especially now that it’s close to the same price as the Scarab 255ID.
But I’d love to hear some more comparisons!.. heck, I just realized Scarab made a jet boat a few weeks ago!... LoL!...