• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sous vide eggs

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
B6C204E4-5E4A-44F5-8378-085FB08C9FA0.jpeg made eggs in the Sousa vide similar to the egg bites at Starbucks. We made egg white with spinach version and another with egg/bacon/cheese. These are great protein snacks and take the hard boiled egg to another level. These would be great boating snacks paired with wine and sunset

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That little wheel of cheese in the background caught my eye, what is it? That's coming from a former cheesemaker who used both cow and sheep milk to make our products.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Clever, would be a good snack for people on keto diets as well. Eggs are the one thing I haven't sous-vide'd - what temp did you cook at?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is sous vide Worth it? I was looking st this and watched some YouTube techniques. How often do you use it? We eat a lot of chicken. Is it good for chicken or better off just grilling?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very interested

Do you have a specific machine for it?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigN8 - I like having the sous vide and it does make some tender chicken as well as perfectly cooked beef. That said, we still go for the gas grill or smoker (bbq) for better results, IMO and in my adult kids (19 and 21) opinion. I don't know if I would get one again but I am still fooling with it for the last 4 months... it comes out once in awhile.

@Scottintexas - I have this one, https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GSV130-Digital-Sous-Machine/dp/B017HX1FTC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534096897&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=gourmia+sous+vide&psc=1

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is sous vide Worth it? I was looking st this and watched some YouTube techniques. How often do you use it? We eat a lot of chicken. Is it good for chicken or better off just grilling?
We love ours. I tend to use it more in the colder months (as otherwise I prefer grilling, though just for the sake of cooking outside). I don't really love chicken in the sous vide if I'm just going to eat it directly like a grilled chicken breast. If I'm going to further process the chicken, insofar as shredding it, or cubing it for a chicken salad - the sous vide chicken is moist and perfectly cooked.

I have the Anova model (3 years old at this point, still great).

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Love my sous vide. Haven’t tried eggs yet. Usually do a 24hr turkey loin in marinade. 24hr bacon is rendered very evenly as well. So many options. Actually have a couple steaks in right now, just finish them off on the grill.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 - I like having the sous vide and it does make some tender chicken as well as perfectly cooked beef. That said, we still go for the gas grill or smoker (bbq) for better results, IMO and in my adult kids (19 and 21) opinion. I don't know if I would get one again but I am still fooling with it for the last 4 months... it comes out once in awhile.

@Scottintexas - I have this one, https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GSV130-Digital-Sous-Machine/dp/B017HX1FTC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534096897&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=gourmia+sous+vide&psc=1
Thanks for the straight up reply. I think where I would use it most would be salmon. I don't think you can beat grilled chicken and we just don't eat that much steak. I guess I'll pass on this thing. I have a contractor that just got back from AK on a salmon fishing trip and came back with 500 lbs of salmon. He's going to hook me up, so I need some salmon recipes and cooking techniques.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the straight up reply. I think where I would use it most would be salmon. I don't think you can beat grilled chicken and we just don't eat that much steak. I guess I'll pass on this thing. I have a contractor that just got back from AK on a salmon fishing trip and came back with 500 lbs of salmon. He's going to hook me up, so I need some salmon recipes and cooking techniques.
Works great on fish as well without risk of overcooking. I’ve done lobster tails that came out spot on perfect. You won’t be disappointed if you get a sous vide.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would probably smoke at least some of it! That way can be used in sandwiches, or to make a salad, dip, etc.
I'm posting on my smoked trout, and started reading what's "cooking".

--