• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Upgrade for 212 Limited S?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So after 6 years with my SX210 I bought a new 212 Limited S sooo....its time to start the upgrade process all over again. I tried using the search feature but can’t seem to find any build threads for stereo upgrades. Looking for advice on what equipment everybody is using, and mounting locations. Looking to do it in phases. Probably start with a 6 channel amp, possibly adding sub at same time. Then upgrading speakers. Then adding second amp and tower speakers.

Thanks in advance!

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a good starting point in the FAQ, then work you're way down the threads. TONs of gold in these posts.
FAQ - Stereo

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you! There is allot of good info there. I guess I more looking for specific examples of the newer 212s to see where people are mounting their subs and/or their amps.

In my 210 I mounted the sub below the divers seat. Looking at the 212 I think that is still the best spot but interested to know what others are doing.

I also noticed that there seems to be a built in mounting location for an amp below the console. Although this looks like it is only big enough for 1 amp and when it’s all done I’ll have at least 2 maybe 3 so want to get some ideas from anybody who has already done it.

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
These are going in a 18 242e on the 29th...Haven’t heard them yet but pretty pumped !!

Attachments

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
These are going in a 18 242e on the 29th...Haven’t heard them yet but pretty pumped !!
Are you going with just one sub?

Currently trying to decide between 1 or 2- 10” for our 215 ID. Going with the same 6ch, and 6.5”, but also adding the M6 7.7 tower speakers.

TY!

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Are you going with just one sub?

Currently trying to decide between 1 or 2- 10” for our 215 ID. Going with the same 6ch, and 6.5”, but also adding the M6 7.7 tower speakers.

TY!
I’m gonna start with 1 sub and no towers and see how it goes.. nice your set will sound great !

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!
What part of orlando are you in?
Winter garden here!

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I live in debary off the St. John’s River.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! I live in debary off the St. John’s River.
Nice!
It’s always great seeing central Florida boaters on here!
Keep us posted on your stereo upgrade

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So here’s what I have so far:

JL M800.8v2 - this will power the 4 cockpit speakers, 2 transom speakers and eventually 2 towers.
JL M600.1 - power the sub

Looking to buy:
wet sounds revo 6 w rgb x 4
Wet sounds Revo 12 FA-S4
RGB controller

Later stage adding two tower speakers and replacing the 5.25” transom speakers once WS releases them.

Questions:

- Where/How are you guys mounting your amps to the 212s?
- Are you piecing together your install kitorhave you found a package kit that includes enough wiring? I’m only seeing 3-4’ ground wires.
-Are you grounding back to the battery?
- Has anybody mounted the WS Revo 12 under the drivers seat? Any fitment issues?
- considering adding a second Revo 12 and running it in parallel off the m600. This would make it 2ohm. Does that mean I need to buy the 2ohm 12s? If so can I just start w one and add the second later?
- lastly is anybody using the rgb controller to run additional led strips? If so I have 100 more questions. Lo

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
you always want to ground directly from battery and use the same battery your radio is on.
this helps eliminate humming or buzzing
With these 2 amps, I would run either 2 separate 4 gauge wires or 1 O gauge wires and a distribution block

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
So here’s what I have so far:

JL M800.8v2 - this will power the 4 cockpit speakers, 2 transom speakers and eventually 2 towers.
JL M600.1 - power the sub

Looking to buy:
wet sounds revo 6 w rgb x 4
Wet sounds Revo 12 FA-S4
RGB controller

Later stage adding two tower speakers and replacing the 5.25” transom speakers once WS releases them.

Questions:

- Where/How are you guys mounting your amps to the 212s?
- Are you piecing together your install kitorhave you found a package kit that includes enough wiring? I’m only seeing 3-4’ ground wires.
-Are you grounding back to the battery?
- Has anybody mounted the WS Revo 12 under the drivers seat? Any fitment issues?
- considering adding a second Revo 12 and running it in parallel off the m600. This would make it 2ohm. Does that mean I need to buy the 2ohm 12s? If so can I just start w one and add the second later?
- lastly is anybody using the rgb controller to run additional led strips? If so I have 100 more questions. Lo

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I can help a little...

The 600.1 is a mono channel amp, 2ohm stable. If you decide to only run one sub, and it is able to handle the 600w (@14v) of the amp, then you would want a 2ohm speaker to get all the power the amp is capable of.

If you’re going to run two subs, you want 2-4ohm subs, wired in parallel. This give you a 2ohm load. Each sub then see ~300w. You could start with one 4ohm 12, and add the second one later...

If you run only one 4ohm sub, then it will see ~400w (@14v) from the amp.

What about two 10” subs vs the one 12”?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks!

I was thinking I would add a 2nd 12” when I do the tower speakers as part of “phase 2”. I could go 10s but the cost difference is some minimal I just figured bigger was better. Lol

Also just to clarify, if I buy a 4 ohm sub to start and then decide to add a second sub which is also a 4 ohm that it will work when Wired in parallel on the m600 monoblock? I was thinking that when in parallel it would drop the ohms to 2 and I would need 2 x 2 ohm subs to run in that configuration.

Honestly I’m pretty good at wiring up a standard system but I’m still trying to figure out how parallel and series wiring effects the output and I’m still confused by the ohm ratings.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Understand the 10 vs 12 thinking!!! The 10s may be a little tighter, 12s may hit a little harder down low, but being in a boat it’s hard to say how much difference it will be...

Yes, you want 2- 4ohm speakers. When wired in parallel the amp will see it as a 2ohm load. If you had 2- 2ohm subs in parallel, it would be a 1ohm load.

If 2 subs are wired in series, you add the ohm ratings together. So 2-4ohm subs would be an 8ohm load, 2-2ohm subs a 4ohm load.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Looking good! I’m in the process now. Should be done by Saturday 🤞. The biggest thing holding me back is finding the RCA harness for the Fusion RA-70. Can’t believe Yamaha would cut them without having a replacement plan in place for those who are wanting to do aftermarket installs. Hope to have an answer for it today!

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Nice man! Hmm I can bounce that off my guys and see what they did .

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you wire them yourself? If so how did you run your wires? That is my 2nd phase to add two rev 8s with RGB and replace the 5.25” transom speakers when they are released later this summer. Already have the amp space for the tower speakers and was contemplating how to wire them.

Yamaha grizzly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you wire them yourself? If so how did you run your wires? That is my 2nd phase to add two rev 8s with RGB and replace the 5.25” transom speakers when they are released later this summer. Already have the amp space for the tower speakers and was contemplating how to wire them.
Yes I wired them myself. I ran the wires inside the tower, I ran 12 gauge speaker wire and RGB wire together up on each side of tower