• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stoltz Bow Roller Maintenance??

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, in less than 3 years my Stoltz bow roller looked like THIS. Is that my fault? Anyone here do some basic maintenance on the polyurethane Stoltz rollers? Like, cleaning it, spraying it with some kind of UV or rubber protector, etc?

I already ordered a new one, and don’t want the same deterioration to happen.

Thanks!
IMG_9640.jpeg

Lots of people here with Stoltz rollers. We’ve promoted them heavily in fact on this forum (Including myself). But I did that very soon, like a couple days after putting it on. What’s the review after 3 or 4 years? I have obvious scratches that I got with the roller. But I will blame that on myself and not using the best roller model perhaps, I’m looking at other models of Stoltz rollers now and will do a video of several options for everyone. And the OEM one could have left more scratches I won’t doubt that.

But what’s with all the deterioration on the roller? Is that just me? I’m probably only actually use my boat 10 times a year max (sad) and it’s shrink wrapped half the year. So that’s a picture of a roller that has been used less than 40 times. Does everyone’s look like that?

I’ve had mine on my trailer since 2008 and it doesn’t look anything like that. I’ve never done any maintenance on it.

My current one, 4mo old, doesn’t look like that. Nor did the one on my previous boat after 4yrs. I’ve never done any type of maintenance to one.

similar experience here, my stoltz that was installed 6-2020 was all chewed up and brittle and was leaving skid marks that looked crappy.
just replaced the center roller (rp446) and all is good again.
my boat is under a carport, doesn't get much sun, never treated it with anything...guess IMG_20240830_074135667.jpgit's just not a lifetime product...or i come in way too hot

I have the same issue, installed in 2021. Has quality gone down like in so many other products?

Attachments

• 20240830_100911.jpg
    20240830_100911.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
I have noticed wear on mine, too. It looked like the hook from the winch was digging into the roller so I moved the bolt down that changes the angle of the cable and that seemed to take the pressure from the hook off the roller.

Back