• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stoltz Roller Tightening

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Should the outside “bells” of a Stoltz Roller be tightened to the point they won’t roll or should it be loose enough to allow them to roll?

Should the outside “bells” of a Stoltz Roller be tightened to the point they won’t roll or should it be loose enough to allow them to roll?
Only the center rolls on mine.

I actually have an email from Carl Stoltz on this subject. All pieces should be loose enough to roll if they contact the boat. It allows for up and down movement while towing so the roller doesn’t rub on the fiberglass.

I actually have an email from Carl Stoltz on this subject. All pieces should be loose enough to roll if they contact the boat. It allows for up and down movement while towing so the roller doesn’t rub on the fiberglass.
I guess that's why they call em rollers heh?

Thanks! I will loosen mine up some.

I might have to loosen mine too. The original ones didn’t spin either, as far as movement I tighten my boat tight so I don’t think it’s moving up and down while trailering.

Back