• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck Cleanout Out Port (I searched) - 2018 242xe

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
when I got my boat the PO had seal the plugs with 5200.... had to strap the boat to the ground and use my 3 ton davit winch to get them out...

I replaced the plugs with new ones and bought a set of rebuild kits... just rebuilt the plugs after 6 years..

Leverage will be your friend... also sometimes tapping lightly back and forth on a broom stick with a hammer on the plug can rock it loose while applying extraction pressure...
5200… wtf 🤨

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
5200… wtf 🤨
That was done occasionally because the plugs would blow out and people did not know about the EZ locks to prevent it so they glued in their push button plugs he was lucky to get it out with 5200 , The push button plugs can blow out at any time due to the internal workings of the plug itself just get some sand or dirt etc inside the plug and the locking mechanism won't work properly

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a pool lube also. Do you use this penatrating lube as a regular lubricant also? I don’t have any issues with the type I’m using but it would be easier to just carry one type on the boat in case of a stuck plug on the water.
The Lubegard Zer0 works absolutely fantastic for shrinking the o ring and releasing the clean out plug without damage to the o ring, the plug, or the tube (and also has some unusual cleaning properties) but is barely adequate but useable as a o ring protectant as it is very thin and it’s protectant properties only seem to last for about 30 days in fresh water.

I can only assume that a thicker traditional pool gasket lube or the recommended silicone spray or marine grease would serve as a longer lasting o ring protectant, but yes I use the Lubegard in this protectant capacity only to minimize the amount of junk in my on the boat toolbox.

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I used the biggest adjustable wrench I had (a bigger than average wrench I have a lot of tools), opened it wide and put a metal socket extendernder through the hole at the top of the handle for leverage and twisted them open. Did the cleanup job that was needed then lubed up with pool/spa O-ring lube sealant and reset.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah after I got those 5200'd plugs out... I ordered new ones and ezlocks... ran about 1.5 hours today and 1 hour yesterday delered a bunch of Lumber yesterday to a friend that lives on the water..

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't go through all the posts but I saw a very nice precision tool that someone has but if you are in a pinch you can make a simple one. The tool is a length of PVC with a notch in one end that fits over the clean out handle. Super easy to make, won't rust, wont scratch or cut anything and gets stowed on board.