• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surf board rack and ideas for transporting

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I added a surf/wake board rack in our garage but wondering what you guys do with your boards during transport/trailing?
I’ve left them on the rack (as the new board racks on our 255XD seem to hold them well), but I don’t really want to do that on long hauls. Other than putting them in the back of the truck with towels/blankets wrapped around them, any ideas?587506E7-BEE5-43A9-B1EB-F23B231CE812.jpeg

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don't have much experience with water sports, but is your goal to keep them from scratching during transportation?

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I don't have much experience with water sports, but is your goal to keep them from scratching during transportation?
Yes. there's not room in any of the compartments of the boat so didn't know if anyone had DYI holders or things they've used to keep the boards safe and secure in the boat during transport/trailering especially since we haven't rec'd our cover yet (like everyone else). Especially since have a Powell trip planned end of July needed some ideas on the best way to transport them.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I haven't seen anything like that, but I will let you know if I do. Interesting how that ski locker isn't big enough.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I added a surf/wake board rack in our garage but wondering what you guys do with your boards during transport/trailing?
I’ve left them on the rack (as the new board racks on our 255XD seem to hold them well), but I don’t really want to do that on long hauls. Other than putting them in the back of the truck with towels/blankets wrapped around them, any ideas?View attachment 152485
What brand is the rack and where did you pick it up at.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have a bag for my wake board and surfboard I haul them in the truck.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have left both wakeboards on the deck of the covered boat during long transports if needed. Lay them on their sides so they sit on edge & boots, no issues with them moving around or damage.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use Hyperlite wakesurf bags and Slingshot wakesurf sleeves for carrying/transit. At the end of the season they're wiped down and put back into their bags/sleeves and into original shipping boxes to be placed in the garage for storage until the following season. We do the same for our wakeboards.

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ve left them on the rack (as the new board racks on our 255XD seem to hold them well), but I don’t really want to do that on long hauls. Other than putting them in the back of the truck with towels/blankets wrapped around them, any ideas?View attachment 152485
Not answering your question but this rack is awesome. I have one as well and highly recommended. Still looking for that great storage idea as well for transporting to the lake. I generally put the boards in socks and put life jackets on the ends, not ideal but not sure what else to do.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Something similar to what @four_the_kids uses I have these for transporting boards to/from the lake in the back of the pickup.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Something similar to what @four_the_kids uses I have these for transporting boards to/from the lake in the back of the pickup.
Yep, that’s what I got.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Somewhere here on the forum is a diy rack that someone made out of pvc pipe and covered with pool noodles for cushioning. They set it on the floor of the boat (while trailering) and the boards sit on their sides in slots. I thought it was pretty slick and if I add more boards to our collection, I'm going to build one myself.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lay them in the boat in sleeping bags. I also tow with the boat cover on.

Last edited:

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't got a solution, but I have had a wake board and a surf board fly out of the boat on the free way. I now keep them in the car.