• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SURFING without rope...Finally (16 212x)

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
duh- ADD is hell lol. Read opening post, reply to post, go to video - done
Hi Julian...sorry haven't been on the site for a while! Been surfing really well this season...Caution...we used the low hook for the tube at the beginning of the season and sucked the rope up twice!!! Luckily I had my razor knife and my set of goggles to cut us out!!!

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X) -- Do you have any photos of the additional bags (not the stock bags) that shows how they are attached? I've been dying to try wakesurfing and your post has finally spurred me into action. I've bought a Landlock and now need to figure out the ballast issue.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X) -- Do you have any photos of the additional bags (not the stock bags) that shows how they are attached? I've been dying to try wakesurfing and your post has finally spurred me into action. I've bought a Landlock and now need to figure out the ballast issue.
At the beginning of my video it shows my ballast bag setup. I essentially tie the bags up like a pork roast securing both ends to the wake tower. Let me know if you have any questions-

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks great man!!! It does suck to have to do all the work...but the shallow draft, surf platform, and safety for my little guys is worth it! Oh...and by the way...its the most aggressive and fastest boat of its size on the lake...period! I have said it before...but I love dropping the hammer on the jet skiers or anyone for that matter!

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Jim...sorry for my late response...I wish I had take some pics...but my setup is very simple. I have an 800 Eight.3 bag, 400 eight.3 bag, and the eight.3 pump. I place the 400 on the top swim platform...favoring the port side. I place the 800 far back on the port seat. Stock ballast full always. Gatlin wake wedge at one degree maybe 3 down. HOWEVER....if you can get more humans...have them sit on port side. and only fill the stock and 400. This weekend...I am going to fill the middle locker up some...put the 800 in the middle...400 on back port top swim platform and try to extend the wave.

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dad gets to surf in the morning with the wedge and ballast....then I clean it all up...kitchen pass expires at 1100 eastern standard time!

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh...I run one starboard side jet boat pilot vector on starboard side engine without the port side....It was knocking against the wedge ladder bracket.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks great man!!! It does suck to have to do all the work...but the shallow draft, surf platform, and safety for my little guys is worth it! Oh...and by the way...its the most aggressive and fastest boat of its size on the lake...period! I have said it before...but I love dropping the hammer on the jet skiers or anyone for that matter!
At the beginning of my video it shows my ballast bag setup. I essentially tie the bags up like a pork roast securing both ends to the wake tower. Let me know if you have any questions-
Of course I ran across your video immediately after I posted my question! Thanks -- looks like your solution works great. Now I just need to buy some bags and a portable pump.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jim...sorry for my late response...I wish I had take some pics...but my setup is very simple. I have an 800 Eight.3 bag, 400 eight.3 bag, and the eight.3 pump. I place the 400 on the top swim platform...favoring the port side. I place the 800 far back on the port seat. Stock ballast full always. Gatlin wake wedge at one degree maybe 3 down. HOWEVER....if you can get more humans...have them sit on port side. and only fill the stock and 400. This weekend...I am going to fill the middle locker up some...put the 800 in the middle...400 on back port top swim platform and try to extend the wave.
I'd love to hear how your experiment goes this weekend. Please report back so we can all learn!

I assume you just tie up the bags with rope as well?

How important do you think the Wake Wedge is? It's been a while since I looked (maybe a year), and last I checked it wouldn't work on the 2014 212X, but they were working on it.