• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy SURFtember 2019- Transom Watersports

Are you interested in making a purchase?

• Total voters

Thats

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No, you are special buddy, and we look forward to your wetsuit photos. Thats and I already packed our boats away this past week as we saw snow in ND last night. Yup, we are officially in tweener season and will be enjoying fall colors from a SXS. Until the snowmobile trails open that is.

You "more southern" folk cannot appreciate the fall colors as much without a few inches of fresh snow on the ground!! HA! it's just frreakin' wrong!
So....shall we take a mental health day from work and go fix it with a SXS run?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the surf style nose is genius, and I think what makes it so brilliant is the seem to have identified the exact point on the board to start that curve. It's far enough back to save you from pearling it, but far enough forward to really allow a lot of forward pressure on the board without pearling it. It's pretty rad!
Very well said!
I’m sure they already know it but your friends from Slingshot really developed a winner there, especially for us jet boat surfers! Lol.

RevHiRpms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@J-RAD My sons Butterbar arrived today!! Thanks again for the great deal, super easy transaction, and fast shipping. Now all we have to do is figure out how we can wait until this weekend to get out on our Georgia lake and surf in our 90 degree heatwave we’re having!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD My sons Butterbar arrived today!! Thanks again for the great deal, super easy transaction, and fast shipping. Now all we have to do is figure out how we can wait until this weekend to get out on our Georgia lake and surf in our 90 degree heatwave we’re having!!!
You're welcome! I'm jealous of your heatwave... we're in the low 60's this weekend. 👎🥶

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh,you are going to love that board. It makes such a big difference! It feels weird for the first couple of times as it is really a special design but it is the best board for a weak wake.
Hope you will be able to go ropeless, man, the feeling of it - when you transition from being pulled by the rope and start getting slack and then going rope free is pretty awesome.

--
I hear ya, I have had small tastes of ropeless so far. And then my wife shuts the recording off.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love the cobra cat XR 4.8 so sad we only got to use it once before boating ended for us. Hoping for some weird heat wave to hit if we go on a fall cruise to get one last surf session in with our wetsuits! Definitely asking Santa for dry suits so we can start surfing in the spring !

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD will dry suits be on your website this winter ? Hint Hint :p
So ya, we can get any if these:

And here's a guide based on water temp and suit thickness and type.
Screenshot_20191002-070906_Chrome-01.jpeg
Also consider air temp, wind, your activity level, and sensitivity to cold.

*mic drop*

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the order @biffdotorg. I think you made a WISE decision... 😉 Congratulations on buying our very last 5'3" Coaster. May your 2020 season be blessed with many buttery surf days. 😇
Wow, quick shipping for sure. My new Slingshot showed up yesterday. Very well packed and looking good. Sad to say, I unboxed it but will be leaving it wrapped up till next spring. (We have snow in the forecast this week)

I do have some comparisons to be made, if they help anyone. A couple years ago, boards for big boys and small waves were limited. But the two top dogs (and top dollar) were the Inland Surfer Red Rocket and Blue Lake. They were big, long and considered wide. Both were rated for riders 240+ lbs

Here are some comparison photos of the Coaster 5’3” and the Inland Surfer Blue Lake V2. At first glance, the Coaster looks much wider and thinner. It is, in fact 1..5” wider and amazingly thinner. I think both will have similar noses that would prevent pearling. But the Coaster seems to keep its width further throughout the length of the board. At 1.325” thick, this board may fit in my wakeboard slot, allowing me to carry both boards next year. We will see. Below are some comparison photos. Sorry for the wrap. I’m leaving it sealed up to keep it clean and protected

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Coaster just barely does not fit in our wakeboard slot. Its close, but won’t go. Maybe if you remove the rubber from the forks, but I wasn’t willing to try that. :)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Coaster just barely does not fit in our wakeboard slot. Its close, but won’t go. Maybe if you remove the rubber from the forks, but I wasn’t willing to try that. :)
I ran into the same thing. I can get it to get enough to get the job done. Definitely don't tow more than just down the street with it up there. Working on sorting that out now.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Doesn’t seem like I can order the 2019 coaster 5’3”???

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn’t seem like I can order the 2019 coaster 5’3”???
Hey @ZGhost, unfortunately and fortunately we sold out of all of our 2019 models during the group buy. We were able to buy out all that remained of that particular size from Slingshot. Our only option for 5'3"s now is the 2020.

I know you were asking for some input on these in the other thread. Depending on the size of your riders the 5'0" maybe a worthy option. I know at my size (5'10" 185-190lbs) it is the board I prefer. It's equally as easy to ride as the 5'3" but a bit more maneuverable. I recommend the 5'3" for those who have riders over 200-220lbs dependent on the wave. There maybe other vendors out there with 2019 models available but I'm happy to make you the best deal I can on either my 2019 model 5'0" or 2020 5'3". I'll DM you codes for both if you like?

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length