• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SVHO vs. HO schematic

Downtown Donnie Brown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a link that shows the diagram of a Yamaha SR195 SVHO engine as compared with a SR190 HO engine? How many parts are necessary to pump up the 180 hp engine to the 230 hp SVHO version. Is it all just bolt on? Can the core 180 hp engine handle (with conversion kit) the stress from the added hp? Thanks ...

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My understanding is that the SVHO just has bolt on upgrades for the physical enhancments. The thing I am not sure on is the programing. I know there are tunes you can add, but I don't know if those need the base SVHO software or not. Or if they can be used on the SHO software. It may just be better to try and buy and SVHO engine and then sell your SHO to make up some of the difference. Hopefully someone else will have some more concrete knowledge for you. Some of the jet ski forums might be a better source of info for you. There are a lot more guys on the ski side that upfit their engines.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a link that shows the diagram of a Yamaha SR195 SVHO engine as compared with a SR190 HO engine? How many parts are necessary to pump up the 180 hp engine to the 230 hp SVHO version. Is it all just bolt on? Can the core 180 hp engine handle (with conversion kit) the stress from the added hp? Thanks ...
AR

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bigger question is, do you care to change out your pump as well? Those boats with an SVHO should have a bigger pump to help avoid cavitation. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But that's a serious issue and cost not to ignore.

195 with SVHO ship with a 160mm pump
190 series with HO ship with a 155mm pump and yes it does make a difference.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
start comparing part numbers ? Yamaha is a parts bin company...