• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Switching thrust vectors for Cobra steering

Embraerjetpilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello,

I'm switching my sx210 from thrust vectors to cobra steering.
Has anyone else done this? What parts did you need? I was told I would need some factory original parts, but no longer have access to what was taken off. Are they hard to get?
Thanks

You probably still have the spacers you need. Maybe reach out to cobra jet on the forums, he would know immediately what you might need if anything. If you have TV installed you probably will have everything. Good luck!

Most of the thrust vector install had you remove the small stainless steel standoffs from the reverse bucket . These are what create the void where the reverse bucket gets it's clearance to pivot without resistance . the part number is 90378-08m30-00 it is a dealer part and the number I gave you is the one I have for the 2019 and newer nozzles.

Attachments

• reverse standoff on bolt for reverse bucket.jpg
    reverse standoff on bolt for reverse bucket.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Showing the original factory standoff  that the reverse bucket pivots on very important part.JPG
    Showing the original factory standoff that the reverse bucket pivots on very important part.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Cobra jet. Do you have them that I can order from you?

Sorry I don't sell parts I keep reminding people that I am an inventor and only sell what I invent , steering and EZ locks but you can order those on line from a variety of on line vendors some are high priced others are not the average price is around 9 or 10 dollars each when I last checked . 2019 Yamaha SX190 (TX1800BU) Jet Unit 1 | Babbitts Yamaha Partshouse number 32 on the picture

you need 2 per reverse bucket however your profile says a 19 foot boat what boat do you have

SX210.... I'm not sure how the profile happened. I'll change it... Thank you for the help. I wonder how long it takes to get the actual part!

I do not know about the time but I have not heard of anyone having a problem getting them If I knew what you were doing I would have given you a heads up when you ordered the parts so you could get the standoffs ordered.

Two thumbs up to Jeff for his awesome customer service, I was finishing my install yesterday and emailed him at 8:04pm last night with a question thinking I'd hear back maybe today or Monday. Got my response at 8:13pm. Hard to beat that. Can't wait to get out on the water and experience the difference.

Yes good really good service.

i call him on the week-end last year for EZ-Lock,
Thinking i will leave a message but he answer and found a better shipping price for Canada ??

Thank you' I am surprised that I don't hear more of that because I do that all the time the last one ordered 2 single ez locks rather than the set so I refunded the difference , was only about 6 dollars but that will get you a gallon of gas. So many people just don't understand what it is to have a real passion for something like being a police officer many a time you get up from your dinner to answer a call, I would get asked all the time Why do you eat so fast and the answer was simply "it's a habit." And I usually wake up every few hours due to my hip bothering me and not letting me sleep so I answer questions in the middle of the night also.

Back