• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 Check Engine Light

Stephen watford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
203-post cat
202-pre cat
hope this helps
Thanks Butch!! Does the error code clear itself once replaced or is there a trick to clear it. Thanks again for your assistance......alarms stress me out. :banghead:

cgalbee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like Butch said, yours is post cat. Very easy to change yourself, but you will likely have to reset the error after replacement. The reset procedure through the instrument cluster didn't work on my 2014 242LS so I just disconnected the batteries for 10 min or so and it did the trick. In regards to why this is happening, I spoke with the tech at the dealer when I went in to purchase the sensor. He said he's seeing more of these sensors fail.. that Yamaha has acknowledged the issue but did not have a course of action at this time other than just keep replacing as they fail.

Stephen watford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Changed out the post sensor and cycled the batteries.....all fixed!! Thanks Butch and Cgalbee!!! Love this site!

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad everything turned out ok :winkingthumbsup"

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

I realize this is an old post (its now 12-23-19)but my 2017 SX190 (bought new in CA and brought to Hawaii) just showed up with the Code 203. I want to confirm some information/advice on solving this.

1. 203 is post cat converter O2 sensor
2. Once installed with a new sensor the code disappeared? Meaning no re-setting from a Dealer. The reason is that out here we dont have a dealer, Im on my own. The Yam Dealer was only Cycles and PWC's and I think they went under in the last year.
3. Was the O2 sensor replaced by Original Poster or by the dealer?
4. Any challenges other than ordering the part?
5. My boat has an extended warranty anyone have experience with Yamaha concerning this?

Thanks in advance for any insights/advice.

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

I realize this is an old post (its now 12-23-19)but my 2017 SX190 (bought new in CA and brought to Hawaii) just showed up with the Code 203. I want to confirm some information/advice on solving this.

1. 203 is post cat converter O2 sensor - POST CAT
2. Once installed with a new sensor the code disappeared? Meaning no re-setting from a Dealer. The reason is that out here we dont have a dealer, Im on my own. The Yam Dealer was only Cycles and PWC's and I think they went under in the last year.- YOU CAN RESET ON YOUR OWN. NO DEALER NEEDED. YOU CAN SEE RESET PROCEDURE IN THIS THREAD.
3. Was the O2 sensor replaced by Original Poster or by the dealer? - I REPLACED THE SENSOR MYSELF (EASY JOB)
4. Any challenges other than ordering the part?- YOU CAN EASILY ORDER THE SENSOR EVEN ON AMAZON.
5. My boat has an extended warranty anyone have experience with Yamaha concerning this?- TRY CONTACTING YOUR DEALER OR YAMAHA RE THIS.

Thanks in advance for any insights/advice.

BUTCH

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry bringing up old post but I have the same error code and need the O2 sensor replaced. My question where are you guys buying the new sensor? Dealer or other? Part number would be great. TIA

Attachments

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Found this diagram for a CA 2013 LS 240, (part 30) not sure if you are in CA or not but I couldn't find o2 sensors for non CA based models, hope it helps. Found it at partsvu for $161.

cgalbee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha part number 6DE-8592A-00

They’re available online for much less than the dealer... my dealer matched the online price

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha 6DE-8592A-00-00 Sensor, Oxygen you can get it at Amazon too & a little bit cheaper than the dealer.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! Im going to attempt to repair myself.

Laminar Flow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hey @drjames1107 how'd this go? I may be having to do this myself this week, too. I have the 203 etc error code on my 2015 242 Limited with CA emissions...

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hey @drjames1107 how'd this go? I may be having to do this myself this week, too. I have the 203 etc error code on my 2015 242 Limited with CA emissions...
I’ve been driving the boat with the code no problems except having to turn the alarm off constantly. I ordered the part it should arrive this week, then I will attempt to repair.

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what is everyone using to check codes? is there a cheap/basic reader available?
I had a CEL the other day and assume it was due to low battery, but wanna check.

Thealvaclan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is there an alternative part that can be bought at a local auto parts store? Everywhere is a couple weeks out on shipping and its a pain in the butt

Laminar Flow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@drjames1107 where'd you order from? I'm having the same issue as @Thealvaclan -- this part is hard to come by. It doesn't appear to be on the shelf at any dealer and the GA & Wisconsin warehouses are backordered until June 26th, allegedly. The CA warehouse has some, according to their system but I can't figure out how to get ahold of one quickly.

I don't know if any sort of automotive sensor off the shelf option will work -- but boy if it did that would be amazing if anyone knows.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for the delayed response. i bought at partsvu

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally received the part! Anyone have an exploded view of where on the engine this part goes?

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, I found out where the part goes and replaced it. Disconnected battery for 10 minutes Check engine still comes on :( . Any ideas? Also how do I pull up what engine code it is, I want to make sure its still the same code as before. TIA