• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 Check Engine Light

Rob2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
So, I found out where the part goes and replaced it. Disconnected battery for 10 minutes Check engine still comes on :( . Any ideas? Also how do I pull up what engine code it is, I want to make sure its still the same code as before. TIA
Did you ever resolve this?

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

Just chiming in here. I replaced my O2 sensor (post cat) with an OEM Yamaha part (thanks to the good people here who clued me in to the code and then H2O Marine San Diego, Brett and my YES warranty for the new unit.) AND the Check Engine icon went away after after a few stop/starts and battery disconnects....BUT it returned again a few outings later....BUT it went away again...but as of 2 weeks ago it returned. When navigating thru the Gauge to Engine Diagnostics, it comes up "(Normal SPN)" or something to that effect.
FYI 2017 SX190 CA model.

Melch66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aloha,

Just chiming in here. I replaced my O2 sensor (post cat) with an OEM Yamaha part (thanks to the good people here who clued me in to the code and then H2O Marine San Diego, Brett and my YES warranty for the new unit.) AND the Check Engine icon went away after after a few stop/starts and battery disconnects....BUT it returned again a few outings later....BUT it went away again...but as of 2 weeks ago it returned. When navigating thru the Gauge to Engine Diagnostics, it comes up "(Normal SPN)" or something to that effect.
FYI 2017 SX190 CA model.

Did you ever rectify the issue?

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately "no". The replacement of the most recent bad O2 sensor again failed. Since then I've been running the boat with the "check engine" light on. I am in the process of trying one more time with a "hack" that I've seen on YT which involves purchasing spark plug "non-foulers" and using them to increase the space between the sensor tip and the exhaust flow. The non-foulers create their own space for the sensor to sit in and it's up out of the way of the direct exhaust path. It appears to work on cars.