• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SX192 or a Scarab 195?

I don't think so but I did not ask....I did ask about life jackets and the guy told me it includes what is required by law to get out on the water :) Registration and fire extinguisher...

I would try to get the cover as part of the deal.

Agree, what does that cost if they will not throw it in?

$650ish through Amazon. $828 through JBP. Included in the deal sounds better ;)!

Oh! I almost forgot, tell them that you would like the shipping cover too. I use mine for trailering so my my premium cover will last longer.

You will get the shipping cover with the boat. My dealer through in the anchor kit and the Yamaha boating starter kit.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...or-kit?b=Boat&d=13|13&f=2015|94&dealernumber=
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...er-kit?b=Boat&d=13|13&f=2015|94&dealernumber=

Its only about $300 worth of stuff but it's something.
They also gave me 15% off any other accessory. I bought three nice neoprene life jackets, the deluxe premium mooring cover, a 3 person tube, a tow mirror and registration numbers.

The 192 is thirsty, but I would really miss the extra power when the boat is heavy, more than I would the extra cash at the pump. I read somewhere (probably on the forums) that with a jet you want about 20 hp more than a similarly sized I/O to be able to compete on a performance base. Personally, I would not buy a 19' I/O with less than 200 HP. If you aren't running wide open all the time I really don't feel like the 192 is that bad. I can run all day pulling boarders around the lake on one tank of gas. I would really love to drive both a 190 and 192 to compare them side by side for power.

I drove both before my purchase. They feel comparable once on plane but there is a world of a difference getting ON plane. Also a noticeable difference trying to keep speed during hard turns. Thats what made me want the 192. I drove a used 190 with a bada$$ tower speaker setup and couple other goodies that the dealer was willing to throw in for a very reasonable price but I knew that I needed the power more than the flashy stuff. The 192 is thirsty but I completely agree with you, I'd miss the power rather than the gas.

Go 212SS :)

I have heard the SC Rotax needs expensive maintenance to the Super Charger. Personally not a fan of the fit and finish of the Scarab line of jet boats either, I feel knowing their past heritage they could have done a lot better. Still looks blocky like a late 80's boat but that is my personal opinion. I have seen the 2 side by side and I went with the Yamaha. Now on a side note I am selling my 2014 AR192 in the classifieds if you are looking. It only has 16 hours on it, has the 5 year warranty and lots of upgrades already done. I am looking to go to a 212X. My loss will be somebodys gain, I am only hoping it is someone from this forum.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/va-2014-yamaha-ar192-for-sale.5876/

Maybe you should go to an AR240 so you don't have to do this again next year. . . . = )

Id miss the layout of the Yamaha. Theyre the largest 19ft boat out there. No doubt.

@0627Devildog When I was originally looking, I wanted the 21'. My local marina only had a 19' and when I checked it out it had plenty of room, still does but the fact that my family is large bodied individuals, we push the 19's weight limit real hard. The 212X being it has the same power as the 24' and weighs less, has more room than the 19 should be a great fit for me.

@0627Devildog When I was originally looking, I wanted the 21'. My local marina only had a 19' and when I checked it out it had plenty of room, still does but the fact that my family is large bodied individuals, we push the 19's weight limit real hard. The 212X being it has the same power as the 24' and weighs less, has more room than the 19 should be a great fit for me.

Yeah, that whole "Same Power, on a lighter boat" almost had me into a 212X last year.

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=60462

My issue wth the 240 is I would not be happy unless it was the LS. That I do not want those payments for something that will be stored half the year. Room has not been my issue, it has been the performance with the added weight. This is where I thing the 212X is a better fit for me. My dealer has a 242LS in stock but will not budge on it or I would be having it. I just dont want the extra payments...

LS is NICE. . . .but for $10K more to sit for half the year, I am with you. I only bought the 240 because it was a great deal. I got it for $9K less than what MSRP is on them this year.

I still have to get my 192 sold first. I am hoping maybe with a little finagling I may still end up with the LS he has... You never know how some people will react when you are waving greenbacks.

Back