• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Temporary driveway extension ideas?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We all need spots to park the boat. I have seen some beautiful setups on here!
My current spot is simply at the end of the driveway. In order for my wife to back out of the garage the rear wheels at minimum need to be in the yard.
This creates mud, an unmowable spot, and creates ruts.
Not only that but the kids are showing interest in the basketball hoop that gets blocked by the boat.
Now, i plan to redo the whole driveway but with 7000+ sq ft of drive to do, the house project needs to take priority.
What could i do to extend the driveway temporarily?
Extra kick: wife says no to gravel. My kids take sledgehammers and break cinderbocks just to throw the pieces at stuff around the yard.
Assuming I can keep the sledgehammers and destructive nature at Bay my wife still says gravel is a no-go
Any suggestions appreciated
Dump some gravel or crushed stone and tell the wife it’s the base for pavers you’ll be putting down shortly.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want something very very temporary, you could use pavers for right under the tires at the final location, and use the rubber draining restaurant mat, or some other temporary material while you put the boat in place.

Are you looking for a solution for 3 months, or for the whole season? How often do you plan to use the boat before you change to the "permanent" solution? Best of Luck!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you want something very very temporary, you could use pavers for right under the tires at the final location, and use the rubber draining restaurant mat, or some other temporary material while you put the boat in place.

Are you looking for a solution for 3 months, or for the whole season? How often do you plan to use the boat before you change to the "permanent" solution? Best of Luck!
3 months IS my whole season.
This year and next hopefully but for what my driveway costs i could buy a new boat

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2 years is a long time....10 feet of a trail of pavers for the boat, just placed on top of the ground with minimal prep will totally work for you for cheap, and will move the boat out of the way. 1sqft pavers at my lowes are $1.48. two rows of 14 ft...Less than $50 bucks!!! double or quadruple to taste, still less than $200. Boat's out of the way and you can pull in and out without great pain. It's a temporary solution, so no need to spend $2500 prepping the ground for $200 worth of pavers.... D-U-N Done. :)

Best of luck however you proceed.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How about DG (Decomposed Granite)

Speedling