• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Testing the new wake booster

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my wake booster on Friday so had to try it out. Just a quick test and didn't have time to get in the water, but thought I'd share. First video is basically how we've been surfing. About 600lbs under port side rear seat and about 800lbs in center locker. No wedge. We typically went in circles with the surf side rpm way down to try to reduce the jet wash. OK enough for my teenagers to surf ropeless, but not great. Second video is the same setup, but going straight line with the wake booster. Hard to tell in the video, but our initial thought is that it's obviously much cleaner as expected, but I think it's also significantly taller as well. Next step is to get the wetsuits on and get in the water! Will post more video when that happens.

No booster:

With booster:

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What speed was that at? Thanks for the post. Trying to decide if it is worth $1000 bucks.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my wake booster on Friday so had to try it out. Just a quick test and didn't have time to get in the water, but thought I'd share. First video is basically how we've been surfing. About 600lbs under port side rear seat and about 800lbs in center locker. No wedge. We typically went in circles with the surf side rpm way down to try to reduce the jet wash. OK enough for my teenagers to surf ropeless, but not great. Second video is the same setup, but going straight line with the wake booster. Hard to tell in the video, but our initial thought is that it's obviously much cleaner as expected, but I think it's also significantly taller as well. Next step is to get the wetsuits on and get in the water! Will post more video when that happens.

No booster:

With booster:
Wow. That is looking pretty good!!
Thanks for posting!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for sharing, update your user profile with your location so it will show with your posts, I'm sure you'd have a lot of new friends wanting to see it in person,

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks for sharing, update your user profile with your location so it will show with your posts, I'm sure you'd have a lot of new friends wanting to see it in person,

Thanks for the tip. I've updated my profile. I'm in Denver NC on Lake Norman.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome man! I picked mine up this weekend but won’t have a chance to test for a few weeks. Did you notice the unique shape of the board being a little more wider in the mid to forward section? Also seemed to have more curve built into the board.

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome man! I picked mine up this weekend but won’t have a chance to test for a few weeks. Did you notice the unique shape of the board being a little more wider in the mid to forward section? Also seemed to have more curve built into the board.
Yes, the new board is quite different. Big curve near the front. We expect that will allow us to stand more forward and enhance the forward push, but we’ll have to see.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

No booster:

With booster:
Thanks for posting this. I have a DIY thread going on something a bit similar and have wanted some video to compare it to. I won’t ruin your thread with comparison thoughts and keep it those confined over there. I can certainly say with the booster the wave obviously has more push. I can also say that a custom transom bag will amp everything up another magintude with a magnitude being the difference between you first video and the second. Can’t wait to see live surfing.

Last edited:

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes, the new board is quite different. Big curve near the front. We expect that will allow us to stand more forward and enhance the forward push, but we’ll have to see.
Exactly! more curve to help prevent pearl diving and it’s a little wider up front to help disburse your weight of being more forward.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks for posting this. I have a DIY thread going on something a bit similar and have wanted some video to compare it to. I won’t ruin your thread with comparison thoughts and keep it those confined over there. I can certainly say with the booster the wave obviously has more push. I can also say that a custom transom bag will amp everything up another magintude with a magnitude being the difference between you first video and the second. Can’t wait to see live surfing.
Eventually I’ll be testing what some added rubber mat attached to it will do. Similar in concept to your single vs double pipe idea.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly! more curve to help prevent pearl diving and it’s a little wider up front to help disburse your weight of being more forward.
I just brought some of the Coasters into my inventory. There are actually 3 versions, the 5'3", the 5'0", and the 5'0" XR (carbon fiber). It's a pretty unique shaped board, kind of a hybrid. It's somewhat based off the Slingshot Butter Bar which is a typical skim style board. They took it and enlarged the overall surface area of it, then exaggerated the rocker line to be more along the lines of a surf-style board. My rep with Slingshot likes it enough, he has the original prototype hanging in his office. I'm with you guys, can't wait to try it for myself.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you're feeling generous, could you try to do a video without ballast filled?

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you're feeling generous, could you try to do a video without ballast filled?
Yeah - that was an oversight on our part - plus limited time. Next time i'm out I'll do no ballast with the booster. It's snowing here in NC today and will be back up to 70 tomorrow!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah - that was an oversight on our part - plus limited time. Next time i'm out I'll do no ballast with the booster. It's snowing here in NC today and will be back up to 70 tomorrow!
Hold the phone it is snowing in April in NC:oops::eek:o_O:vomit::wtf::nailbiting:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks! I'm trying to figure out if it would be a worthwhile cost to buy this with no ballast, or even just the swim deck bag. I have zero inclination to add ballast to the lockers, we carry entirely too much crap anyway, can't give up storage!