• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Testing the new wake booster

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What dealer did you get the wakebooster from? I'm in Raleigh and my *local dealer tried to tell me that Yamaha decided not to go into production.
The local Yamaha dealer in Charlotte is MarineMax Lake Norman. I had let him know a while back that I wanted one, so I was first on the list when he got it in stock. It wasn't even in their system yet when I purchased it.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just got on the list at my dealer. They have already had a few come in.

JasonSchoenrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As promised, here is a video showing the wake booster with no ballast. Just my wife and I in the boat. It's a little different angle than the previous videos, but I think you can see the wake is cleaned up well, but the ballast/list really creates the size/push. Next step is to get out there and surf. LKN water temp is up to 65 degrees, so we should be able to get out there on the next warm day!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can't believe it ..I just checked the website for the booster and its 2017 and newer for 212x, so I'm excluded?

Brian eilrich

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My understanding is less then 10 feet it’s near impossible to create a good surf wave. Which is why I asked. We normally boat in 5 to 6 foot water depth. We also have a Booster and I was hoping it will help in shallow water. We will find out soon

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My understanding is less then 10 feet it’s near impossible to create a good surf wave. Which is why I asked. We normally boat in 5 to 6 foot water depth. We also have a Booster and I was hoping it will help in shallow water. We will find out soon
Good to know thanks!

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If I had to guess regular foot is more common than goofy. Kind of like how right handlers are more common than lefties.

That being said I'm left handed but ride regular foot :D
I too am left handed but snowboard and wakeboard regular most of the time. I try to be ambidextrous, but we all have our favorites!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
WHOA! The 24 foot model and 21 foot model are way different.
And the tabs to keep it positioned on the hull are interesting.
The scupper valve cover must have been needed because water was being forced back up. Hmmm....lots to think about here.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I’m surprised they are so different looking. I guess that goes to show that maybe Yamaha actually put some time into trying different shapes and designs. Or.... is this a redesign based on early results?? Probably not but ... maybe? The scupper cover included and not in the early 24’ package because design reconsiderations after the first release? Just speculating obviously.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow! Didn't see that coming, thanks for sharing!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very different indeed. Here is an outline of both. 21 foot in red, 24 in blue.
View attachment 93496
Thank you, @buckbuck !
I really wonder if this is strictly model specific, or more like "evolutionary" (with shape of 240 version changing as well in YamahaBooster 2.0)?

--