• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Gathering 2017 July 22nd and Aug 12

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you get that big ass boat behind wood island @PEARCE ?
@txav8r if you're talking about the north side of Wood no. I need about 5 feet of water to be comfortable and that area is just too iffy. There's quite a few large stumps as well as clusters of smaller ones that I just don't want to deal with. The east side of Wood is probably ok, but there isn't much nice beach left due to the flooding last year. We explored and scouted some different spots in the Yamaha that we thought we might want take the cruiser to and I just didn't get a good feeling for that area for the big boat. The south side wouldn't be a problem though. I could stay in the deeper water and still be reasonably close to the beach. As most of the Texoma jetboaters know, us and the other cruisers we hang out with like to go to the north side of Treasure. We're generally close to the area where there's large boulders stacked on a hill. There used to be a flagpole in the same area. We were in our normal spot last Saturday and the water has gotten really hot and uncomfortable. We were anchored in about 5 feet of water. I could walk in the water from the back to the front of the boat and the depth didn't change much nor did the temp. I was looking for cooler water to stand in. The only relief from the heat we had was in the a\c. I'm thinking if we still go this weekend we're going to find a nice spot in deep water to anchor in and just swing on the hook.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be at Texoma this weekend - 8/12/16 through 8/17/16. We are staying in our cruiser. But, we are bringing the Yamaha.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wish I had more time to travel to some other lakes.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know how you feel @DCB-270 , we get a couple weeks and can do that twice a year. But lately, during the summer season, just getting a weekend off is almost impossible. Hence missing the gathering a few weeks back on Texoma. Going to Bimini or even Arkansas is just not possible for us. I wanted to make the Tablerock event too, but it is a day getting there, and a day coming home. So being in the glass business, I get that your days are busy, right up to late Friday most weeks I am sure. Kind of makes distance a challenge. Even Texoma is a push for you guys I am sure.

We may keep the boat, or we may sell it...just kind of up in the air. I am putting all new Carlisle Trailer Radials on the trailer this week, and adding a second spare. We don't want to deal with tire issues, and that was one thing last year on the Powell trek that worked just fine. With less than 4000 miles on the tires, maybe I don't need to worry or be concerned...but driving such distances for 2 to 3 days each direction, I don't want to deal with it at all. The I will have 4 good spares, 4 years old, with 3000-4000 miles on them. Guess I could offer them for sale. But without wheels, I don't know the value or desire. This probably should be a thread of its own...but all of you I know, have known, for a number of years...so just kind of talking out loud here.

@PEARCE , like many trade workers that have weekends off, your job(s) affords you weekends!...and I get the cruiser idea. I love the idea and would do it in a heartbeat. We even shopped for one just before we bought the '08 yamaha. But alas, not many weekends. The boathouses can be a ghost town during the week, the restaurants can be closed, and not much activity. I had a landscaper, a plumber, and roofing contractor, that all had cruisers...they don't work weekends. You may remember too, that in the mid 90's, we bought a Trojan...that cost me more than I could stomach in the first year.:eek: Hmm:confused:, am I seeing a pattern here?o_O The coach about ran us off that first year too. :hurting: It is the last hurrah for it if it breaks down again on the Powell trip this year. We have enjoyed getting it in condition...just replaced the air bed with a memory foam...so sleeping is going to be great now!

@Jebinok @farrelltravis ... so the 19th-22nd? The 22nd is a Monday. We will come if you guys help us old farts Hot Sauce the boat after we take it out of the lake! :winkingthumbsup"

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You're right @txav8r
Being self employed doesn't give any vacation pay.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're right @txav8r
Being self employed doesn't give any vacation pay.
Unless you end up working while on vacation, but then you loose your vacation. I have been there many times!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We known this meet has potential. Just got to make it happen.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know how you feel @DCB-270 , we get a couple weeks and can do that twice a year. But lately, during the summer season, just getting a weekend off is almost impossible. Hence missing the gathering a few weeks back on Texoma. Going to Bimini or even Arkansas is just not possible for us. I wanted to make the Tablerock event too, but it is a day getting there, and a day coming home. So being in the glass business, I get that your
days are busy, right up to late Friday most weeks I am sure. Kind of makes distance a challenge. Even Texoma is a push for you guys I am sure.

We may keep the boat, or we may sell it...just kind of up in the air. I am putting all new Carlisle Trailer Radials on the trailer this week, and adding a second spare. We don't want to deal with tire issues, and that was one thing last year on the Powell trek that worked just fine. With less than 4000 miles on the tires, maybe I don't need to worry or be concerned...but driving such distances for 2 to 3 days each direction, I don't want to deal with it at all. The I will have 4 good spares, 4 years old, with 3000-4000 miles on them. Guess I could offer them for sale. But without wheels, I don't know the value or desire. This probably should be a thread of its own...but all of you I know, have known, for a number of years...so just kind of talking out loud here.

@PEARCE , like many trade workers that have weekends off, your job(s) affords you weekends!...and I get the cruiser idea. I love the idea and would do it in a heartbeat. We even shopped for one just before we bought the '08 yamaha. But alas, not many weekends. The boathouses can be a ghost town during the week, the restaurants can be closed, and not much activity. I had a landscaper, a plumber, and roofing contractor, that all had cruisers...they don't work weekends. You may remember too, that in the mid 90's, we bought a Trojan...that cost me more than I could stomach in the first year.:eek: Hmm:confused:, am I seeing a pattern here?o_O The coach about ran us off that first year too. :hurting: It is the last hurrah for it if it breaks down again on the Powell trip this year. We have enjoyed getting it in condition...just replaced the air bed with a memory foam...so sleeping is going to be great now!

@Jebinok @farrelltravis ... so the 19th-22nd? The 22nd is a Monday. We will come if you guys help us old farts Hot Sauce the boat after we take it out of the lake! :winkingthumbsup"
We are always for you having a boat. You have always been part of our Texoma lake experience.

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It probably looks strange to have a guy from Kentucky wanting to join this gathering next year. However we are moving to Plano Texas area in May of 2017 so we will be checking out area lakes and would love to meet up with some of the other Jet boaters in the areas.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It probably looks strange to have a guy from Kentucky wanting to join this gathering next year. However we are moving to Plano Texas area in May of 2017 so we will be checking out area lakes and would love to meet up with some of the other Jet boaters in the areas.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. And by the way, nice looking boat.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had a great time a couple of years ago! It would be great to see your new cruiser @farrelltravis. My 92 year old grandmother is flying in for her birthday this weekend. We are thinking of making a trip somewhere in a couple weeks. Also @tocelli that is a great looking boat!

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking forward to meeting you guys. And by the way, nice looking boat.
Thanks DCB-270 looking forward to meeting everyone as well.

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had a great time a couple of years ago! It would be great to see your new cruiser @farrelltravis. My 92 year old grandmother is flying in for her birthday this weekend. We are thinking of making a trip somewhere in a couple weeks. Also @tocelli that is a great looking boat!
Thanks BlacklimitedS

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy birthday to your grandmother!! We need to see your new boat too!

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
how can it be strange to want to be in the "world record list" LOL you are a family member of this board, all are welcome.

I dont know about this @BlacklimitedS I will have to think if i want a MOOMBA spending the night in my front yard. If it was a yammi ok, but a MOOMBA? i think there will be an overnight storage fee. JK

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
how can it be strange to want to be in the "world record list" LOL you are a family member of this board, all are welcome.

I dont know about this @BlacklimitedS I will have to think if i want a MOOMBA spending the night in my front yard. If it was a yammi ok, but a MOOMBA? i think there will be an overnight storage fee. JK
I bet if I brought down a certain refreshment that is aged in an oak barrel you might over look the Moomba! Remember the last time I was crawling around under the boat cover in the rain at 1am trying to put the anti-pooling poles under the cover! Ah the memories!

SemperFi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Admiral and I were sorry to have missed Yall but there will be another day. Those of you who like Texoma probably already know how nice the lake can be once the crowds are gone after Labor Day. Those of you looking for a cool water place should check out Butterfly Cove over by my stomping grounds near Eisenhower. There are springs that come up from the bottom and the water is often noticeably cooler than the lake. there is deep water and its easy to anchor or tie off to the mooring bouys there. Often busy on holiday weekends but often deserted otherwise. We will meet with some of Yall. The first round of Jack is on me.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bump we need t o talk dates .

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you looking forward on getting to use it more once we are in Texas