• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Gathering 2017 July 22nd and Aug 12

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Appreciate that @DCB-270 , we will see if we can come in the coach! We're is the main shore base?

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This looks to be about a 4.5 hour trip each way for me so would probably drive up Friday night and find a place to stay. Any lodging recommendations?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This looks to be about a 4.5 hour trip each way for me so would probably drive up Friday night and find a place to stay. Any lodging recommendations?
@SeanPC how many will be in your stable?

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's a free for all. We are at Buncombe. A lot of people have lodging Like @PEARCE and @farrelltravis

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just buy my condo at Highport @SeanPC and you will be all set!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will do our best to make both dates but it all depends on airline & military schedules for the month...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's various resorts and marinas that have cabins at various rates and conditions on both sides of the lake. It would obviously be closer for you to stay on the Texas side. There's Tanglewood resort that is just next door to Highport Marina which is the prime spot to launch. Tanglewood is where @jawsf16 has a condo for sale. Highport is where we have always launched and where we keep our cruiser. It is one of the two marinas that's the closest to the islands. The other is Millcreek marina and resort that has cabins at a reasonable rate and possibly overnight slips to rent. They have a ramp, but depending on the lake level it my not be usable unless they have done something to fix that issue. If you don't care to stay on the lake there are five hotels in Denison that are just off of 75 that we have stayed at a few of them. Holiday Inn Express, LA Quinta Inn, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Motel6. We've stayed at all except the last one. If you are bringing a dog then stay at LA Quinta. Staying at any of these hotels you would launch from Highport which is 15-20 mins away. Hope this helps. If you need more suggestions or have questions just let us know.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE , have they finished the RV resort yet?

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jebinok Probably just my wife and I but could have a couple more join. @PEARCE Thanks for the info, I'll check into Tanglewood and possibly the hotels in Denison.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@SeanPC I have 3 extra rooms avail at my house, if you wish we enjoy company, if you like having some adult bevs, pool table, foosball, darts, outdoor fires, that kind of stuff. we are 2.7 miles from the boat launch at bumcomb creek, on the ok side of the lake, thats where we put in.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r no they haven't. It appears finished, but they still have the driveway blocked off.

We're back on the boat finally this weekend. It's been out for a bottom job and some other things and it finally got put back in at noon today. It's been out for three weeks and seemed like forever. Come on summer!!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We are looking for a warm weekend t get the summer started.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just 131 days to go LOL

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm ready!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Winter iis too long.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll be up this weekend to practice the gathering with the big boat in case anyone is interested in joining us. No stern anchoring though, just swing on the front hook. If it's too windy we'll just stay in the slip and drink.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey, @PEARCE , the benefit of a big boat is that a little wind and wave is no problem for you!!! Until you have to get back in the slip!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You nailed it @txav8r ! If the wind is at a certain direction it is a big challenge for me to it back in the slip. The problem is that the boat is so tall it becomes a sail in a cross wind, especially with the enclosure up that we use this time of year.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're trying to make plans to attend...schedule conflict.

Fair winds and following seas...

Attachments