• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The All new Yamaha 30Ft SS30 sport cruiser cabin ....

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok first thing this is a Thought ! , ...a dream ... and idea .. Yamaha could venture off into the Sea Ray 32 sundancer and cabin cruiser arena and probably wreck some shop!... they could not only target the day boater and family outings , but the familiy that might want to spend longer overnights ect . especially the couple only who may want to bang all night on the water lol .... ANYHOW heres my concept idea - 30ft length , larger beam and draft .. Twin 2.0 - 2.2 L yamaha natural aspirated engines with larger pumps and impellers .. same or similar layout in rear / stern as current 275S Model .. cabin with head and shower and small kitchen down below with and medium half sunken style bow up top enough for seating similar to current 275s bow a walk on skylight imbedded in bow alley seating area .. and an electronic anchor as well .... with a 125 Gallon fuel tank ... .. what else should i add ?

thoughts ? ... could they pull this off ? ....

Last edited:

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL somebody post a photoshop concept lol ...

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You guys beat me to it. In Asia, the Yamaha cruisers are quite popular. They also realize, jet is not the ideal power solution for this size of a boat. And there is no advantage either since you really are not worried about step over space, or shallow water draft.

And as they have proven, they can even build around an outboard. So you have the benefit of easy maintenance and even a repower with minimal effort in comparison to in inboard.

At that size of a boat, a jet is the wrong solution based on noise and economy alone. And the Yamaha four stroke outboards are world class powerplants.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Big boat outboard power, not jet is the way of the future. As much as Im not looking forward to dealing with props and lower unit oil changes its looking like I will be going that way for my ocean boat

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Big boat outboard power, not jet is the way of the future. As much as Im not looking forward to dealing with props and lower unit oil changes its looking like I will be going that way for my ocean boat
The Yamaha 150 on our dock is, dare I say, actually easier to do an oil change on, as you don't have to be upside down to get to the filter. Lower unit oil is one of those things that you say to yourself, "I paid someone to do this one time?"

I think we all overthink maintenance until we have done it a couple times, then realize we can do this just like the next guy.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...... Lower unit oil is one of those things that you say to yourself, "I paid someone to do this one time?"
Same goes for rear differential fluid in a pickup, or transfer case oil from an old 4wd pickup. If you've smelled that stuff even once I can almost guarantee you can conjure that thought right now and it's like it's sitting right next to you.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im not swatski so I wouldn't say that :eek:
Its a SeaRay 290SDX OB. To me its a larger nicer appointed Yamaha with outboards lol
Captain Nick is not my fave but the boat is SO Nice

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Interesting you would say the regal, that's the boat that got me into this space. A close friend had me on his this spring. What made you go with regal

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Mine won't be due to no tow rig at that house. We did trailer my friends Regal with his Denali didn't seem like an issue.