• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Has anyone added the thrust vector to their 195 yet? I wasn't sure if the 160mm jet pump had a larger port out the back or not. Basically everything I see is still for the 192 and I wanted to make sure the 192 and the 195 are the same size and everything.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was gonna give myself a few trips before I decided if I wanted to go that direction or not... not sure about any dimensions...

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did they give you a PN on the Yellow supercharged decal, I only see one PN when ordering from on-line store and it goes across multiple model years. I know there was a white version also. They don't ever show pictures of decal on-line either, so not sure what color I'm getting.
Did you ever end up getting the Yellow Supercharged decal for the hull. Now my dealer is telling me he is having a hard time tracking it down through Yamaha??? I might end up just calling Riva Motorsports in Florida and talk directly to a salesperson. Boat just arrived at dealer and i want it all set up before spring. Its only 3 months away!!!! I also just ordered the 3.5 Stoltz bow roller. Did you catch that post where someone added side bunks to his trailer for his 195? Pretty sweet!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like everyone is talking about those thrust vectors again. Should i wait and see how she handles first or do i just buy then now???? I'm guessing they would ony make things better and not worse. More money to the boat. LOL

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Seems like everyone is talking about those thrust vectors again. Should i wait and see how she handles first or do i just buy then now???? I'm guessing they would ony make things better and not worse. More money to the boat. LOL
Well I have zero experience boating and found that my difficulties with maneuvering the boat had more to do with a lack of understanding of which direction I needed to turn the wheel in forward and reverse to move it sideways. I was going to hold off too but i am taking it in on Tuesday and thought while I had it in I may want to go ahead and add it since the dealer is over an hour away for me.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Chad Sears, a little hint that helped me when I first got the boat... remember that the back of the boat is being pushed by the jets. In forward, turning the wheel to the right will push the stern out to the left and turn the boat to the right. Turning the wheel left does the opposite. In reverse, turn the wheel the direction you want the boat to go. If you want to go right, turning the wheel to the right will push the stern that direction. It will often take switching back and forth between forward and reverse to move the boat at low rpm, like at the dock.

The fins help, but practice makes perfect. For the record, I have Thrust Vectors on the boat and have since I got her. Either the Cobras or the Thrust Vectors can be installed relatively quickly with tools that most of us have at home. They both have good install videos.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Bill D I finally got the hang of it a little bit. I kept switching between forward and reverse but also turning the wheel from left in forward to right in reverse and then I ended up turning in a circle instead of moving toward the dock. I am sure I looked like an idiot going around in circles trying to get to the dock end then from the dock to the trailer. Luckily there was only 2 other boats on the water that day but there were a lot of people around on land probably thinking, "What is that moron doing?"

@Bill D do you have the cobra or the thrust vector? Is there a difference between the two? Does one have an edge over the other for any reason?

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wait until you can slide that baby sideways in between two boats. They'll be looking at you different then. I too have been the guy spinning around by the dock. Especially the day a storm blew in and the wind was howling. Lol.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first and only boat was a 2001 Seadoo 2000 challenger. Great boat and it turned on a dime!!! so I'm well versed on a jet boat but i hear the Yamaha is another ball game. i think i'm going to pull the trigger and order the T.V. Seadoo22.jpg

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bill D I finally got the hang of it a little bit. I kept switching between forward and reverse but also turning the wheel from left in forward to right in reverse and then I ended up turning in a circle instead of moving toward the dock. I am sure I looked like an idiot going around in circles trying to get to the dock end then from the dock to the trailer. Luckily there was only 2 other boats on the water that day but there were a lot of people around on land probably thinking, "What is that moron doing?"

@Bill D do you have the cobra or the thrust vector? Is there a difference between the two? Does one have an edge over the other for any reason?
I'm sure people just though you were showing that SWEET Yamaha boat off to everyone on the dock!!! Just remember next time, there not looking at you but there admiring your boat!! LOL

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure people just though you were showing that SWEET Yamaha boat off to everyone on the dock!!! Just remember next time, there not looking at you but there admiring your boat!! LOL
Haha, I was showing a demonstration in maneuverability, that's for sure. I think I showed them all the things they never knew a boat could do.

I have the Thrust Vector XL. They were installed on my boat when I bought her. They have worked well for my needs and there are a couple things I like about them. Asking "Cobra or TV's" is kind of like a Ford vs. Chevy, Mac vs PC, type of argument. They both have things that one person sees as an advantage and others see as a flaw. There are a couple of things I'll add:
  • If my boat didn't come with fins, I would have bought some, either Cobras or TVs, I'm not sure which direction I would go if I had to pick right this moment.
  • Both vendors will offer excellent customer service and are a huge asset to this forum.
  • Fins aren't for everyone. There are more than a few members here that don't see a need for them. And they definitely aren't a magic bullet. They'll help, but the captain still needs to know what they're doing.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Chad Sears It's great your getting familiar with your boat now and when the launches are slow. Once you get hang of the jet you will actually have more maneuverability then an outdrive. You'll have the hang of it no time!

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Chad Sears It's great your getting familiar with your boat now and when the launches are slow. Once you get hang of the jet you will actually have more maneuverability then an outdrive. You'll have the hang of it no time!
The first time i took it out straight from the factory I didn't realize the clean out plug wasn't installed so i drove around the lake for an hour at 5 mph and 5000 rpm breaking in the engine. When I gave full throttle and couldn't get it over 10 mph I called the shop and they told me to check that the impellar was free of debrit and found the plug wasn't installed. I can't get the plug to lock into place so I can't get it out on the water to practice. So I am sure I will have better maneuverability when I get that fixed and the water is actually being directed out the back of the boat instead of up the shaft.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

SC Jetstyler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! You will love how the boat just guides it self on to the trailer even if you come in sideways.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need help guys! Just got my Stoltz bow roller that I ordered off eBay and something doesn't seem right. On the outer roller it reads RP-434! My receipt shows I ordered on RP-355 for the Yamaha shore lander trailer. The inner roller part measures 3.5". Can someone who has a RP-355 chime in.image.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got verification from Stoltz on my bow roller. The part # RP434 I was concerned about is for the 2 bells and the centef roller is RP355 for the Yamaha Shorelander trailer.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got verification from Stoltz on my bow roller. The part # RP434 I was concerned about is for the 2 bells and the centef roller is RP355 for the Yamaha Shorelander trailer.
That's exactly right.
Also you may need to pinch the brace etc. to make everything fit. The roller does not need to spin but it should roll freely.

--