• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Question from a new boater... What is the black mesh/mat thing that is folded up in my floor locker for? I thought maybe a mat for the locker to keep from scuffing the inside but it is too wide to fit on the floor of the locker. I hope my explanation is okay I don't have access to a picture right now.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question from a new boater... What is the black mesh/mat thing that is folded up in my floor locker for? I thought maybe a mat for the locker to keep from scuffing the inside but it is too wide to fit on the floor of the locker. I hope my explanation is okay I don't have access to a picture right now.
The mat is there to protect the gelcoat and allow water to run off skis or whatever you put in the locker. Mine is also wider than the bottom but I believe that is so that you can use it to protect the sides as well. If you don't have any skis or anything to keep the sides out then its just going to fold down on the bottom which is fine.

Attachments

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New to forum and in market for a new boat. Looking at a used 2014 212x and a new 195. Budget allows for 195 but I'm concerned about size. I hear that Yamahas feel bigger and a 19 ft is fine. We have a family of 5 and want to add another family. Maybe 9 total. 212x is rated for 9. Can anyone share how many people you can realisticly haul on the boat? Thanks

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
5 would be OK on the 19ft comfortably but best to go see, walk around 19, 21 , and 24ft to get a sense of size... could always look at older 24ft for that many people.. good luck..

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are a family of seven and we fit nicely on the AR195. There is realistically room for 3 upfront and 4 or 5 around the back plus the captain. The power is great. I had 2 larger adults (250 lbs plus) with 3 teens and 10 year old and we got it up to 52 no problem. The power is great and the room was fine. I haven't had it out with a second family but we are planning on doing trips with friends that will put 4 adults and 4-6 children. Granted we have smaller children and our friends have smaller children as well. It all depends on the size of the people when determining what you can fit on the boat.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the insight. Our kids are small. The most we would have on boat is 9. Also thanks for power info. I was conerner about the power with a full load but from what I hear it's a very powerful boat.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was really surprised to get the performance I did with a full boat. When I have riders in the bow the top speed dips a little bit and with a full load in the back it really gets moving. I got my wife to with the AR195 over the AR190 because the extra horsepower from the supercharger makes sure we don't see a drop in performance with a fuller boat. I have had the boat out a handful of times and while I haven't gotten to pull anyone yet because it has been so cold, I have loved the AR195. Easy to manage and control.

The major factor that led to buying a new 195 over a used 212 was my inexperience with boats. I wanted something a little smaller and easier to manage as well as my concern over buying someone else'e problem if I bought used. I just didn't know what to look for or avoid. My thought was with a new boat I would have warranty and issues that would arise would be covered.

That being said if the time comes a few years down the road to upgrade with a few years experience I may look for a larger used boat over a new smaller boat but the AR195 fits us and our boating style perfectly.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks. I think I'm in the same boat, no pun intended, as you. Leaning towards new boat due to no experience. Good thing in Houston is that it's warm enough to go out starting now.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Paulie44 As you know, it is a big financial decision buying a boat. Your kids are going to grow and want their friends to join them. I strongly recommend you spend some time, with your whole family, walking around and hanging out on each boat you are considering. Ideally, find someone in the area and go out with them. Try to not let the emotion move you too quickly.
Used Yamaha's are also something that I suggest you consider. Have fun with your purchasing adventure.

SC Jetstyler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You shouldn't add more people than allowed per the max capacity label. If you get pulled over and you have more people than allowed regardless of total weight you will get a ticket.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will want a 21 ft boat at minimum and I would suggest getting the 24 ft boat if you plan to do a lot of boating with 9 people. If you get a new 19 ft boat you will likely be upgrading very soon if that many people are with you a lot.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Paulie44 IMO 9 people in a 190/195 is just not great. I love the 19fters, but it sounds like you are already debating if it is big enough. You will be kicking yourself for not going bigger, no doubt.

I also do not really dig the idea of buying your VERY FIRST boat new. It might work and if it does - it would be ideal. I have many friends who have done it, not one who would recommend it. With boating, there is just so much to learn and there is simply no way to know what you really want and what will work in your situation - until you go and actually do it, on your own. I would at least try to get some experience first, ideally in your area, then make a decision.

Just my 0.02.

--

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
https://boatbound.co/
https://www.boatsetter.com

Check out these two sites. You can rent a boat for the day and this would allow you to spend a couple hundred bucks and spend a day on each boat. That would really help you get an idea of whether you wanted a new smaller boat or a used larger boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could not imagine 9 people on my boat. I know the rating says one thing but actually boating it that stuffed would be another. Most I've had was 3 adults and 2 teenagers. There was still plenty of room as we were all sitting in the back but I just couldn't imagine 9 grown people in it. If you intend to regularly have that many people you're going to want a larger boat.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
She is finally home at last! Installed the wake board rack, new wheels and tires, and spare tire mount. Tried to install the bow rolled but the boats sitting to far forward. IMG_0145.JPGIMG_0147.JPG IMG_0149.JPG

Last edited:

Mandalaya

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My AR195 is being prepped up for pickup next week. It came with the painted trailer, the dealer is assuring that Yamaha does a great job and that he would not be concerned with rust over the years. He states that even if used a few times a year in salt water, rinsing afterwards should keep it rust free. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with the painted trailer? Should I upgrade?

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My AR195 is being prepped up for pickup next week. It came with the painted trailer, the dealer is assuring that Yamaha does a great job and that he would not be concerned with rust over the years. He states that even if used a few times a year in salt water, rinsing afterwards should keep it rust free. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with the painted trailer? Should I upgrade?
Congrats on the boat!

I didn't have to do any upgrade for the galvanized trailer although not all dealers are alike. My local dealer went to MIssissippi to pick up my boat and thankfully it came with galvanized trailer. The painted ones will of course look nicer but I would be worried it would begin to rust at some point no matter how thorough you were with using salt away, salt terminator or similar products. If it were me and I knew I was wanting to take mine to the salt water I would want a galvanized trailer just for ease of mind. That being said a galvanized trailer still has some raw steel components so it's not 100% rust proof and requires the same level of cleaning after salt use as a painted trailer does making sure you get as much as the salt off every metal surface.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DavisAR195 every time I see your boat I think Yamaha should have offered that color and graphic scheme. It fits the boat very nicely! Your boat is coming along nicely too and I wished I had a swivel rack for mine.

I just realized that Yamaha made a little change to the upholstery on the 2017 19' boats. They added that additional gray 'racing stripe' I'll call it and light gray band along the rear seat cushions which matches nicely with the other gray in our seat and side cushion upholstery. Nice touch Yamaha. Did the front bow cushions get the same changes? Spices up the interior more than last years trim on mine...

Attachments

Last edited: