• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Am I missing something, I don't see this color scheme on their website?
I really liked the blue color scheme on the AR190 but they didn't offer the blue on the AR195. So I had a wrap done and could not be any happier with it. The blue also has some flake in it that really brings out the blue when the sun hits it.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Questions
I had the boat out today for the first and still going through the recommended break in. So far I'm about 60 minutes into the 90 minute break in due to rain. Anyways my 1st question I have the new style clean out plug which had about 8 inches of water above the handle when I took it out after the trip. Is this common? My other question is how are people mounting their fire extinguishers?

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My AR195 is being prepped up for pickup next week. It came with the painted trailer, the dealer is assuring that Yamaha does a great job and that he would not be concerned with rust over the years. He states that even if used a few times a year in salt water, rinsing afterwards should keep it rust free. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with the painted trailer? Should I upgrade?
I upgraded to the galvanized trailer for like 250 bucks. For me the dealer made a good point when they said that pulling the boat for long distances you would have rocks get kicked up and ding the paint and that could lead to rust problems over the years.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
IMG_0234.JPG I have a problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am concerned about driving it and having the boat bounce on it and puncture a hole but it looks like the runner is being bent under the boat.

I realize it is kind of hard to see but a large "stick" is wedged in between the boat and the trailer.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Questions
I had the boat out today for the first and still going through the recommended break in. So far I'm about 60 minutes into the 90 minute break in due to rain. Anyways my 1st question I have the new style clean out plug which had about 8 inches of water above the handle when I took it out after the trip. Is this common? My other question is how are people mounting their fire extinguishers?
I always seem to have some water over the plug. I am assuming it is normal

Mandalaya

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat!

I didn't have to do any upgrade for the galvanized trailer although not all dealers are alike. My local dealer went to MIssissippi to pick up my boat and thankfully it came with galvanized trailer. The painted ones will of course look nicer but I would be worried it would begin to rust at some point no matter how thorough you were with using salt away, salt terminator or similar products. If it were me and I knew I was wanting to take mine to the salt water I would want a galvanized trailer just for ease of mind. That being said a galvanized trailer still has some raw steel components so it's not 100% rust proof and requires the same level of cleaning after salt use as a painted trailer does making sure you get as much as the salt off every metal surface.
Thank you for your feedback. Did you get yours at Wedowee Marine?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I always have a little water on top of my plug (older style) too. I think its normal.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 53502 I have a problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am concerned about driving it and having the boat bounce on it and puncture a hole but it looks like the runner is being bent under the boat.

I realize it is kind of hard to see but a large "stick" is wedged in between the boat and the trailer.
Wow how did this happen? Some debris when retrieving the boat at the ramp? If it happened at the ramp I would have put the boat back in the water enough so it would float off the bunks and remove the stick. I would. It have driven with it like that.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Great news, gentlemen! Just got the call from my dealer to set up the maiden voyage on my AR195. I bought it back in February at the New England Boat Show and have been itching to get in it since, hell even just sit in it. I haven't seen the babe since the show but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Scheduled it for early morning April 20th and gonna take the rest of the week off to spend plenty of time getting acquainted to her. Any tips or pointers for a guy new to jet boats? I'm a bit conflicted because my Yamaha manual says to give the engine 90 minutes of easy use in order to help break it in but my dealer says you shouldn't really open it up within the first 10 hours. What do you guys think? I guess 10 hours would be better safe than sorry but I feel Yamaha directly saying 90 minutes I should be fine?

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow how did this happen? Some debris when retrieving the boat at the ramp? If it happened at the ramp I would have put the boat back in the water enough so it would float off the bunks and remove the stick. I would. It have driven with it like that.
Yes it happened when I trailered it. I I didn't realize it was there until I got it home and it had been sitting for a few days. I pulled into the driveway and saw it sticking out. I was able to jimmy it out of there but my bunk is definitely bent and no longer contacts the boat all the way down the bunk. Do I need to replace the bunk? I assume that is something you can do. It contacts at the front of back of the bunk with enough bend for me to get my fingers in between the bunk and the boat.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Great news, gentlemen! Just got the call from my dealer to set up the maiden voyage on my AR195. I bought it back in February at the New England Boat Show and have been itching to get in it since, hell even just sit in it. I haven't seen the babe since the show but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Scheduled it for early morning April 20th and gonna take the rest of the week off to spend plenty of time getting acquainted to her. Any tips or pointers for a guy new to jet boats? I'm a bit conflicted because my Yamaha manual says to give the engine 90 minutes of easy use in order to help break it in but my dealer says you shouldn't really open it up within the first 10 hours. What do you guys think? I guess 10 hours would be better safe than sorry but I feel Yamaha directly saying 90 minutes I should be fine?
I did the 30 mins at 3000 rpm and then 60 or 90 at 5000 rpm and since them I have been running it full speed and I have 5 or 6 hours on it now. I guess I will find out what happens when i take it in for the 10 hour service next month.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats... remember first thing get that bow roller replaced ...

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm currently in the process of breaking mine right now (AR195) 5 minutes at 2k rpm and under and 90 minutes at 5k rpm and under. The real purpose of the break-in is to set the gaskets and seals so they can properly expand. I would stick with the recommended Yamaha break in schedule and afterward you should be fine opening it up. I would just avoid full throttle for long extended periods of time till you get a few hours on the boat. It's so hard not to open it right up once you hit the water.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What is the problem with the stock bow roller?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What is the problem with the stock bow roller?
It will scratch the hulls finish ( too rigid) check out older posts on here... replace first thing...

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length