• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mind if I ask how much the wrap cost?
I went with a higher quality glossy 3m vinyl that has some flake in it when the sun hits it for $1,600. The other option was to have the color printed on which has more of a flat finish for $1,200.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What's everyone running for fender set-ups on their 195's? I purchased Hull-Hugr's and the Fender Straps that are on Yamahas website before even accepting delivery of the boat. This weekend was my first time out on her and I gotta say I'm not really a fan of the setup I got. The straps even in their shortest setting are too long to hang off the cleats and I dont really even love the hull-hugr's as much as I thought I would and they dont seem like they'll keep the boat as protected as a normal bumper (i already kissed the dock a bit, I blame the first mate though LOL.) What do you fellas recommend?

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0203.JPG
Finally I pick it up this Friday! Having some fun with the promo picture as I added my wife and my picture to it. Lol

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i pick up my AR195 this Friday and have a sea trial with the dealer that day also. During the trial should i open her up to full throttle (slowly) just to make sure everythings runs right or do i what till after the break in period?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So i pick up my AR195 this Friday and have a sea trial with the dealer that day also. During the trial should i open her up to full throttle (slowly) just to make sure everythings runs right or do i what till after the break in period?
I put mine in the water with the salesman took a 45 minute ride breaking it in. Then we dropped him off and went back out for a few hours. I probably waited another half hour before I opened her up.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The recommended break in from the owners manual is 5 minutes under 3000 rpm then the 90 minutes under 5000 rpm. Trust me it was hard not opening it up for the 95 minutes.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's everyone running for fender set-ups on their 195's? I purchased Hull-Hugr's and the Fender Straps that are on Yamahas website before even accepting delivery of the boat. This weekend was my first time out on her and I gotta say I'm not really a fan of the setup I got. The straps even in their shortest setting are too long to hang off the cleats and I dont really even love the hull-hugr's as much as I thought I would and they dont seem like they'll keep the boat as protected as a normal bumper (i already kissed the dock a bit, I blame the first mate though LOL.) What do you fellas recommend?
I'm running 3 regular fenders. One on the front cleat, one on the middle cleat and one around the tower. I'm thinking about adding another factor pop up cleat between the bow and middle cleat.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats guys for the input on the first sea trial. I will do exactly what the owners manual recommends.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Okay so the manual says 91 octane for my 195. What are you guys opinions on this? I planned to always put 91 Octane in it but I just learned the one gas dock on my lake only has 87. The attendant at the dock seemed shocked that i wouldn't just put 87 in it and was teling me I would be fine using the 87 with fuel stabilizer but I didnt feel comfortable putting anything but 91 in, especially during the first weekend with it. What do you guys think? Should I invest in a few gas cans and fill her up with 91 by hand every weekend or what?

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay so the manual says 91 octane for my 195. What are you guys opinions on this? I planned to always put 91 Octane in it but I just learned the one gas dock on my lake only has 87. The attendant at the dock seemed shocked that i wouldn't just put 87 in it and was teling me I would be fine using the 87 with fuel stabilizer but I didnt feel comfortable putting anything but 91 in, especially during the first weekend with it. What do you guys think? Should I invest in a few gas cans and fill her up with 91 by hand every weekend or what?
Colin you would run the risk of detonating and engine knock if its driven hard and these boats what to be run hard! Can you fill up at a local gas station on the way to the ramp that has 91?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was told by my dealer that using lesser octane wouldn't harm anything and can be used if that's all you can find, but you will lose horsepower with the less octane. I have only put 91 or 93 in mine so far.

Last edited:

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Colin you would run the risk of detonating and engine knock if its driven hard and these boats what to be run hard! Can you fill up at a local gas station on the way to the ramp that has 91?
Yeah for now it is still out of the water and I filled it at my local Cumbies but as of next week it will be on a slip for the season. Looks like I'll just have to get a few good gas cans in order to keep it full! Thanks for the input!

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use 93 ethanol free gas. In a pinch, out on the water, I wouldn't hesitate to use 87. Below is a link to a map that shows all the gas stations that provide ethanol free gas.

http://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah for now it is still out of the water and I filled it at my local Cumbies but as of next week it will be on a slip for the season. Looks like I'll just have to get a few good gas cans in order to keep it full! Thanks for the input!
Could you just get a couple bottles of octane booster and use that when you fill up to go from 87 to 91? Not sure if that will work or if it could cause problems but I used to run it in my car sometimes. Seems easier to get a few small bottles of octane booster on board than a few large gas cans. Safer too!

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guy's it's a forced inducted engine if it calls for premium and you don't run it you are heavily relying on the knock sensors to pull ignition timing to avoid engine damage. Expect less power, less fuel mileage and worst case engine damage.

Run good fuel in it, way cheaper than a beat out rod bearing or broken piston.

If you're looking at additives, get a can of Torco. The off the shelf stuff from the parts store is meh.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know where to purchase the wired remote? I can't find it anywhere! I've used the free app through the BT connection on my iphone, but it doesn't work that great. It functions well, but the response time from touching a button to something actually happening is very slow.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, finally got my boat home last Saturday and it's been raining ever since! Got to install Thrust Vectors from jetpilot and waketower racks. Still need to change the bow roller and put on new tires and rims. Nice to come home every day to see it! Oh yes the wife and kids too! Lol

Attachments

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used the free app through the BT connection on my iphone, but it doesn't work that great. It functions well, but the response time from touching a button to something actually happening is very slow.
I rarely use the app... I just use Google Music directly via BT to the head unit. Never had an issue of it being slow. The app does take a few seconds to connect and feels slow, but again rarely use it.