• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I rarely use the app... I just use Google Music directly via BT to the head unit. Never had an issue of it being slow. The app does take a few seconds to connect and feels slow, but again rarely use it.
I've done Pandora direct to the HU as well and that works fine. But it's things like volume adjustments through the Marine Audio app that are slow to react.

Mandalaya

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was told by my dealer that using lesser octane wouldn't harm anything and can be used if that's all you can find, but you will lose horsepower with the less octane. I have only put 91 or 93 in mine so far.
My dealer recommended using 89 octane. According to him Yamaha recommends this grade accross the board for all engines and is what they use at the dealership. He filled my tank the first time and it ran fine. He said using gas with ethanol is no problem but does not recommend letting it sit with it the whole winter. I worked in automotive and all engines nowadays are made to withstand ethanol, I would imagine that Yamaha also builds its engines to the latest standards.

Last edited:

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But it's things like volume adjustments through the Marine Audio app that are slow to react.
Yep. Same here. I turn the volume on the head all the way up, and the volume on my phone down... Then use my phone's volume control to turn up or down. Hope this helps.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guide ons from Cabellas arrived today... no wait I won't be able to install them until April/May.. Crap...
Hi Dan, How's it going? I just ordered a set of the Glide on's from Cabellas today. Did you have any issues installing them. I've read a few reviews that state the hole didn't line up. Over-all are you happy with them?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi Dan, How's it going? I just ordered a set of the Glide on's from Cabellas today. Did you have any issues installing them. I've read a few reviews that state the hole didn't line up. Over-all are you happy with them?
I don't recall have any alignment issues once I figured out placement... I think the front bracket just fit forward of the wheel fender and back bracket lined up after that... honestly I haven't had a chance to get her out on the water yet... 2 people would make installing, aligning and tightening much easier... good luck

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So, I dont expect to get jerked around by my dealer on this but I just had to contact him yesterday on two different issues. First of all, my AR195 came on the trailer with two different wheels. One is chrome and the other is brushed aluminum, what type of wheels are supposed to come with the 195's? I'd imagine it should have two of the chrome ones. Also, my bimini sits very crooked on the tower, anyone else have any issues with this?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So, I dont expect to get jerked around by my dealer on this but I just had to contact him yesterday on two different issues. First of all, my AR195 came on the trailer with two different wheels. One is chrome and the other is brushed aluminum, what type of wheels are supposed to come with the 195's? I'd imagine it should have two of the chrome ones. Also, my bimini sits very crooked on the tower, anyone else have any issues with this?
IMG_0827.JPG Stock tire/wheel... I am unsure about the Bimini...

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
View attachment 55596 Stock tire/wheel... I am unsure about the Bimini...
Damn so they are supposed to have the cheaper looking wheels, thats a shame! But good to know, thanks for the input, Dan! I'll let you guys know what my dealer says about Bimini, I know they are already trying to say I trailered too fast with the bimini on but the only time I did was under 35 MPH and it was about a 10 minute ride which my sales associate said it wouldn't harm anything unless I got up over 45.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Damn so they are supposed to have the cheaper looking wheels, thats a shame! But good to know, thanks for the input, Dan! I'll let you guys know what my dealer says about Bimini, I know they are already trying to say I trailered too fast with the bimini on but the only time I did was under 35 MPH and it was about a 10 minute ride which my sales associate said it wouldn't harm anything unless I got up over 45.
You can go well over 35 with the Bimini on 195...

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got this last weekend. Having a 2nd battery and tower speakers installed this weekend as I will be out of town, looking forward to getting back out on the water on the 20th! Any recommendations on things you have done or "best practices" for a 195?

thanks,

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just got this last weekend. Having a 2nd battery and tower speakers installed this weekend as I will be out of town, looking forward to getting back out on the water on the 20th! Any recommendations on things you have done or "best practices" for a 195?

thanks,
Replace the bow roller asap.. Congratulations...

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could you elaborate a little on that? thanks

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Stock roller very stiff and will mark that beautiful new hull...

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There are posts about this earlier I believe with best recommendations for replacement

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't recall have any alignment issues once I figured out placement... I think the front bracket just fit forward of the wheel fender and back bracket lined up after that... honestly I haven't had a chance to get her out on the water yet... 2 people would make installing, aligning and tightening much easier... good luck
Great thanks Dan, I hear ya, mine has sat in the driveway since I picked it up last Friday. Hope to get out this Saturday and break it in.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Does anyone have a layout of where all the plugs are on the 195's and where there may be problem areas with water that we should all keep an eye on?

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

thanks,
Hey Emery, Nice AR 195!! Looks just like me. Here is my list of my add on's
~ Stoltz Bow roller ****MUST HAVE ITEM****
~ 2 Swivel wakeboard racks
~ New rims and tires
~ Thrust Vectors
~ Dual Batteries and switch
~ Guide on's for easy loading on trailer - see Malibu Dan's posts for picture - order from Cabella's
~ GoPro tower mount - direct from GoPro
~ Underwater drainplug Lights - Royal Diablo (Ebay site) (inexpensive and very bright)

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thank you. I am going to order that bow roller and guide ons. With the articulating keel I am hearing the thrust vectors are not that necessary, are you finding them to make a big dfference?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have a layout of where all the plugs are on the 195's and where there may be problem areas with water that we should all keep an eye on?
There are drain plugs in the ski locker, fuel tank hatch and the two hull/bilge drain plugs.

The 19' SX and AR boats do not have the anchor locker designs of the other boats thus do not have the same issue of the gap in the hull/anchor drain tube like they do.

Boat in water = bilge ON. I leave all of my plugs in while on the water.