• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, I dont expect to get jerked around by my dealer on this but I just had to contact him yesterday on two different issues. First of all, my AR195 came on the trailer with two different wheels. One is chrome and the other is brushed aluminum, what type of wheels are supposed to come with the 195's? I'd imagine it should have two of the chrome ones. Also, my bimini sits very crooked on the tower, anyone else have any issues with this?
Wheel finishes usually depends on the type of trailer finish. Typically a painted trailer will come with silver or black painted steel wheels, sometimes chrome and the galvanized trailers will come with galvanized steel wheels for corrosion resistance. Shoreland'r does offer aluminum wheel options from their factory but I am not sure if the dealer specs that or if Yamaha does. I personally haven't seen a Yamaha dealer spec for an aluminum wheel from Shoreland'r but I guess it could happen.

https://www.shorelandr.com/boat-trailers/trailer-options#finishes-sec

Last edited:

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thank you. I am going to order that bow roller and guide ons. With the articulating keel I am hearing the thrust vectors are not that necessary, are you finding them to make a big dfference?
Honestly my boat hasn't even hit the water yet . Just got it last Friday. I added them for the extra slow speed steering as read on this site. Even with the articulating keel
thank you. I am going to order that bow roller and guide ons. With the articulating keel I am hearing the thrust vectors are not that necessary, are you finding them to make a big dfference?

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As did I. Didn't want to mess around with a poor handling condition or potentially damaging the boat. I went with the CJS Viper.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well... now I have to wait until mid June for carpet.. "factory back order" ... oh well raining for the next week anyways...IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0871.JPG

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... now I have to wait until mid June for carpet.. "factory back order" ... oh well raining for the next week anyways...View attachment 55636 View attachment 55638
Dan, Nice job on getting the damaged Seadek off. When I went to see my boat for the first time i noticed the upper right hand swim plateform Seadek had a yellow stain on it. The dealer got it out but i can still see a slight discoloring. I might order that piece knowing it takes a month to get. 1st time out on the boat tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!!! 20min under 2000rpm and than 90 min under 5000rpm.
I see you installed CJS Vipers. Nice!! I just put on Thrust Vectors and saw a new member (ncinthenext3) put on the Vipers so i looked them up on You Tube, nice design.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
enjoy the trip out tomorrow... let me know what you think ...

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy crap, Dan. What was wrong with that SeaDek? Hard to imagine on a brand new boat. How did you get that to come off anyway? I'm thinking about buying that stuff for the entire boat, since mine came with the snap-in carpets.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Holy crap, Dan. What was wrong with that SeaDek? Hard to imagine on a brand new boat. How did you get that to come off anyway? I'm thinking about buying that stuff for the entire boat, since mine came with the snap-in carpets.
The kids cat used the lower swim deck as a scratching post.. mat came off pretty easy.. I used gas to get remainder of adhesive off.. not to bad..

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys - I finally got the boat on the water for the very first time! Handled like a dream. I had the Thrust vectors already installed so i'm not sure if that was the difference. Got the break in time completed and opened it up just a few times getting it to plane. Boy it's a rocket!!! Anchored the boat and enjoyed the nice weather and flew a kite off the Wake Tower. RCMP boat pulled up on us and admired the boat. Good thing they didn't see the beer my wife had! LOL. Gator-aid for me. After getting it back on the trailer the wife and I spent 10 minutes wiping it down using a product called Boat Bling Hot Sause which removed water spots. Us guys with black boats (or white/blue/red) might want to consider this product or another one like it. Got it home and flushed the engine. Looking forward to our next ride. Cheers!!! Oh!!! and the most important thing is I replaced the crappy bow roller once i got the boat in the water. I notices I already had 2 fine scratches where the boat rolled off which i took care of with a quick wax!

Attachments

Last edited:

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just ordered the Cobra Venom Ultimates, I've seen mixed reviews as to how much of an impact they make with the new ride plates on the 195's. What do you guys think? I figured for $185 it's worth a shot if it gives me even a little more control around the dock since my slip is so tight (16.5' of boat in a 17' slip). I was already decently pleased with the no wake mode steering but hoping this gives a little more control. Thoughts?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@malibu Dan That was a cat, right? Wonder how does the cat look coming out of taxidermist.
Just ordered the Cobra Venom Ultimates, I've seen mixed reviews as to how much of an impact they make with the new ride plates on the 195's. What do you guys think? I figured for $185 it's worth a shot if it gives me even a little more control around the dock since my slip is so tight (16.5' of boat in a 17' slip). I was already decently pleased with the no wake mode steering but hoping this gives a little more control. Thoughts?
I had those in my 190, made a HUGE difference. Fantastic for water sports, those really plant the stern in the water. Did you get the Fangs? I would highly recommend those as well.

--

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Also, what are you guys using for covers? I dont want a snap cover installed because I think the snaps all over the boat are ugly so I was going to purchase the Deluxe Tower Mooring Cover from Yamaha's website (Part# MAR-190TR-BK-16). Anyone have experience with this? Is it easy to install without having to go in the water and does this require posts to keep the cover supported or does it just wrap the boat?

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@malibu Dan That was a cat, right? Wonder how does the cat look coming out of taxidermist.

I had those in my 190, made a HUGE difference. Fantastic for water sports, those really plant the stern in the water. Did you get the Fangs? I would highly recommend those as well.

--
I did not order the fangs, maybe I should have. Now you got me thinking.... hmmmmm.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More is always better! I put the T.V's on mine even before it hit the water for the first time.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, what are you guys using for covers? I dont want a snap cover installed because I think the snaps all over the boat are ugly so I was going to purchase the Deluxe Tower Mooring Cover from Yamaha's website (Part# MAR-190TR-BK-16). Anyone have experience with this? Is it easy to install without having to go in the water and does this require posts to keep the cover supported or does it just wrap the boat?
Colin I have the tower mooring cover from Yamaha and it works great. It does have 2 poles and a ratchet strap system to tighten around boat. I just installed 2 hang tite cover suspension system straps that hook to the tower yesterday that lets you remove the inner poles. Works great! Check them out on YouTube (hang tite boat cover suspension system). Can be purchased through U.S Boats for $40.00ea.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surprised you didn't just go with the new CS Viper for your 192? Did you speak to Jeff before ordering? He may have recommended it. Fangs 'built in'.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Surprised you didn't just go with the new CS Viper for your 192? Did you speak to Jeff before ordering? He may have recommended it. Fangs 'built in'.
I didn't speak with Jeff before ordering, just went and did it. I have a tendency to jump the gun :woot: Not sure why my profile says 192 but I do have a 195, not sure how much of a difference that makes with the new rudder or if the one that fits the 192 with built in fins would work.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Colin I have the tower mooring cover from Yamaha and it works great. It does have 2 poles and a ratchet strap system to tighten around boat. I just installed 2 hang tite cover suspension system straps that hook to the tower yesterday that lets you remove the inner poles. Works great! Check them out on YouTube (hang tite boat cover suspension system). Can be purchased through U.S Boats for $40.00ea.
Thanks for the input, Buoy! Have you mastered covering it without having to go in the water or is it too much of a pain?

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put the Viper on my new AR190 at Jeff's recommendation. Jeff had said that the viper was specifically designed for the single engine Yamahas. I'm sure you're getting a great product either way. I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to him though. He's all over these forums.