• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had an awesome weekend on the water. Spent both Sat and Sunday out on the boat, Saturday me and two buddies went out on a recon mission, then Sunday we took the wives and kids along with 4 jet ski's as well. Boat drove great, kids enjoyed swimming off the back and the JL Audio tower speakers were awesome for projecting music to the beach/island we were anchored at. I was shocked at how much stuff I was able to store on the boat. Little grill, 2 yeti soft coolers, tailgating tent and loads of food and towels all inside the storage areas and nothing in the way of seating or standing. loving this thing so far!

I have found that I can pair my Android with the Marine audio deck no problem. Was enjoying some SiriusXM and Pandora all weekend

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Yamaha website/order system messed up the Super Charger decals PNs. You will need your dealer to call Yamaha to get the correct stickers or you will get them in white. It took me 2 months working with dealer to get the correct stickers....seriously 2 months. Good news is, they are now on my boat and look sweet!
Would you happen to have the Yamaha Pin # for the Yellow SuperCharger decal. Dealer never ended up getting it for me and i actually forgot about it with all the other mods i was doing.

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waiting to take delivery of my 2017 AR195. We have had record amount of rain for April and May in this Part of Oklahoma and Drand Lake of the Cherokee (where we have are lake home and dock) is about 13 feet above normal. While waiting for the Lake to receed I'm having the dealer add the captain's seat in place of the bench seat for my wife, upgarding the stero with 6 speakers and 6 channel amp, installing LED lighting in cabin and Transom.

I may replace the carpet in the cockpit with Seadek through the JetBoatPilot.com kit (I will have to buy the SX195 kit do to the revised seating configuration0.

But I have a newbie question. I have watched several video on the benefits of adding "Thrust Vectors for Yamaha Boats" through JetBoatPilot.com and the "Cobra Jet Ultimates" through Cobra Jet Steering.

Of those two products; is one preferred over the other?

Which one performs better at all speeds of steering (although - in particular at slow speeds)?

I appreciate any feedback that might be provided. I've really enjoyed reading the forum and can't wait to get my now boat on the water!

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not have either of them ( vectors of cobra) and I find that my low speed maneuverability is great with the articulating keel that comes on the AR195.

Also just to share, my wife and other riders on the boat have all commented how much they like the bench seat opposed to a second captains chair.

Also the stock 4 Polk Audio speakers sound awesome! I added an amp and tower speakers and they are perfect for projecting the audio off the back of the boat. You might want to wait before replacing the stock 4 polk speakers without hearing them irst, just my opinions

I wish I added some LED lighting, that is coming in the future for sure!

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input.

Already committed to the modifications. We decided that we wanted to upgrade the sound after our test drive (although the 4 speakers sounded prett good - the 6 speakers and amp I'm hoping will sound even better). And I really hadn't thought about the second Captain's Seat versus the bench but my wife did...so that's for her. (Of course I could have bought the SX 195 already configured that way but I liked the look with the tower.

We have owned boats for the last 15 years but this will be our first Jet Boat so ready to get it on the water and get a feel for maneuvering and how she performs. Need that rain to stop awhile here in Oklahoma but it will soon.

Thanks again for the input.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tower is great. Not only does it look cool, but you can mount speakers there. It is awesome to grab onto when docking the boat, boarding and unloading and as something to hold on to when you are standing up while the boat is moving. I was on the fence between SX and AR and we are not big "wakeboarders' by any means but looking back I am sooo glad we went with the AR. you are going to love it!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input.

Already committed to the modifications. We decided that we wanted to upgrade the sound after our test drive (although the 4 speakers sounded prett good - the 6 speakers and amp I'm hoping will sound even better). And I really hadn't thought about the second Captain's Seat versus the bench but my wife did...so that's for her. (Of course I could have bought the SX 195 already configured that way but I liked the look with the tower.

We have owned boats for the last 15 years but this will be our first Jet Boat so ready to get it on the water and get a feel for maneuvering and how she performs. Need that rain to stop awhile here in Oklahoma but it will soon.

Hi Chuck, (Buoy23) Marc here. I installed the Thrust Vectors on my AR195 even before i hit the water as i wasn't taking any chances with steering. (Brother in law has a AR190 so i knew what i was in for). I figured 3 fins (Keels) in the water is better that the one articutating keel. I,ve found out on my only 2 trips out so far that exiting the dock ramp where i put it in is really nerve racking. I've found that when backing out you need to give yourself at least a boats length clearence from the end of the dock before making any turn of the wheel. The back end of the boat swings out very quickly when i put it in forward. I almost hit the dock yesterday when departing. I spent lots of time yesterday at just above idle speed turning forward and backwards to see how the boat reacts. I agree the 4 speakers sound good but 6 will sound even better. The boat is really fast and i was really suprised how well it cut through the waves. Handled waves like a much bigger boat would. the only draw back i have in the 2 times out so far is the seat cushions. Pain in the butt to remove all the time to get to the storage. Yamaha needs to put hinges on them like the 21Ft.

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input Marc. Helpful stuff.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I struggled to get mine paired forever. I had other family members try their phones, watched videos, threads..you name it and couldn't get it to pair. Then tried it out of the blue one day an it paired fine, did absolutely nothing different than the other hundred attempts.
Same happened to me trying to pair ipone 6 to the MA200...took me a hour with my son watching the YouTube video and telling me the steps. Everytime i would get to the step where the MA200 screen should say BT PAIRING it wouldn't work..... than after about the 20 time it worked??????

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input Marc. Helpful stuff.
We are all here to help one another where we can. Even thought it will be the longest hour and 10 minutes of your life make sure you do the proper break in of the engine. one more tip - to remove the rear right and left seat cushions lift the engine cover. It makes removing them alot eaiser. I found out the hard way and riped my right hand corner on the right side of mine (very small rip). By the way wecome to the site and enjoy that new rocket ship!!!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input.

About that bench seat!!!! My wife didn't like the idea of it but figured she could live with it (plus alot more room)...until our last trip when my daughter said punch it dad. I did but forgot to warm my wife to hold on so she ended up on the back seat. She said if i ever do that again she will demand the passenger seat be installed.

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL! Sounds like another Captain's chair is in your future! Actually there may be some benefits to the bench seat (I.e. for spotters) but we won't really do Wake Boards (maybe nieces and nephews bute semi rare).

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my wife and neighbor(lady) were enjoying it as a lounge. for petite women it is a great spot to lay out :)

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wakeboard speed?
What speed and rpm's are people running when wake boarding behind an AR195? Also what rope length? I generally run 18 - 19 mph with 80 feet of rope but it seem that speed is right at plan and the boat can't hold that speed so curious to hear what others are doing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wakeboard speed?
What speed and rpm's are people running when wake boarding behind an AR195? Also what rope length? I generally run 18 - 19 mph with 80 feet of rope but it seem that speed is right at plan and the boat can't hold that speed so curious to hear what others are doing.
This is why many people invest in an after market speed control addon like Perfectpass or the new Ride Steady(not certain of the name of the latter as it is so new...but involves less installation). I installed Perfectpass on my 2005 and called it the Marriage saver!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i'm gathering that using cruise control won't hold the boat steady at 18 MPH??? I've heard the term "Perfectpass" mentioned on this site a couple of times. Jetpilot Group Buy Maybe?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry this is unrelated but took her out for only the second time since I purchased her back in September... (the boat, not my wife)..;)IMG_0482.JPG

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So i'm gathering that using cruise control won't hold the boat steady at 18 MPH??? I've heard the term "Perfectpass" mentioned on this site a couple of times. Jetpilot Group Buy Maybe?
No it won't hold at 18 it's either 16 or 20 - 22.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Holy crap you've only been out on the boat twice Dan? That is crazy! Hopefully you get to put some hours on it this season.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had another awesome weekend, Saturday went out in Tampa Bay with 2 of my buddies and we docked at Bahama Breeze. Sunday, hit the gulf islands, specifically Three Rooker islands with the wives and kids. Had an amazing time, such a friendly group of boaters.. Question, I am at 9.5 hours. Should I take the boat in early for 10 hour service, or would it be fine to take it in at 11.5 hours after I go out next Saturday?