• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my dealer had these and they were just too perfect to pass up for the color combo.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
1st outing on the new boat and could not be happier with our decision. Can't wait till break in is over, I can't tell you how many compliments we got on our new boat.

A few things I noticed with the 1st outing.

I noticed that the AR195 is a lot quieter at idle them my prior SX190 (reminds me of a more traditional boat).
The rudder is awesome, no more constant steering.
The speakers are a night and day difference over what I had in my prior boat.
I know this is a preference but the J seating really makes this boat feel bigger.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
right there with you, I love the seating setup opposed to the 2nd captains chear and I also was impressed with the Polk Audio speakers. Good bass out of those 4! I am at 12 hours so far and they have all been amazing!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a complaint but an observation.... keep an eye on your gas gauge. I was surprised to see on my last outing when i just happened to be scrolling through the LED messages and noticed i was already under 1/4 tank of gas when i just filled it up before the last outing (maybe 2hrs total run time). Some full throttle runs but mostly 30mph cruising. Maybe my neighbour is stealing my gas out of my boat for his boat!!!! LOL

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how about that?! hope that isn't the case. I have found the opposite that my gas is lasting much longer than expected. Although we spend lots of time anchored at the beach/islands or docked at a bar/restaurant :)

I did get on a nice 50MPH WOT run on some calm intercoastal water this weekend, held that for about 10 minutes, cant imagine how much gas that smoked!

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how about that?! hope that isn't the case. I have found the opposite that my gas is lasting much longer than expected. Although we spend lots of time anchored at the beach/islands or docked at a bar/restaurant :)

I did get on a nice 50MPH WOT run on some calm intercoastal water this weekend, held that for about 10 minutes, cant imagine how much gas that smoked!
Thanks Emery, maybe I've been having to much run and lost track of how much time I've spent ripping around. Next time out I'll gas her up to full and monitor from then on and see how much gas I'm burning.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Placed order for boat name graphics...IMG_0540.JPG

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very Nice! What is the size? 22 x 8. I say that because I measured the area on the water level swim deck for my boat name and that is what I figure would fit. It will be off centered because the boarding strap is on the left side. I'm going with "Lake Life". It's actually a company that makes Lake Life decals but seeing we spend most of our time on the Lake I figured it to be a proper name.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks buoy.. now I have to remeasire because I figured I had 38 x 8 to work with.. I like the "lake life" name as well... I'll get a pic up here once it's actually on the boat..

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1017.JPG IMG_1017.JPG
Thanks buoy.. now I have to remeasire because I figured I had 38 x 8 to work with.. I like the "lake life" name as well... I'll get a pic up here once it's actually on the boat..
Hey Dan here is the Lake Life decal I play to use on my boat. Seller on eBay is toyboat3. Decals come in a different sizes. Happy boating - Marc McVittie aka Buoy 23 - one of my black labs name.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thinking, LIFE'S TOO SHORT. What do you guys think? Also another great afternoon out on the boat, the next time out I get to open it up! :D Might add I got another compliment on the boat!

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_3596.JPG IMG_6226.JPG We've been waiting on lake levels to receed and then I realized our boat lift needed to be modified from our old Pontoon to fit the new Yamaha.
In the meantime I had the dealership make a few mods.
We are leaving for an Alaskan cruise this week so we aren't going to pick her up until July 8.
However, went out with the boat at the dealership yesterday. Really liked what they got accomplished.
Fun ride and can't wait to get her on the lift.
Dealer added second Captain's chair (per the wife's request, added 6 channel amp and 6 led kit speakers (2 speakers on the swim ramp), blue led trim lighting on the interior and 2 blue led lights on the transom, a second battery and battery switching kit.
At the first service they will add a blue led lit sub woofer.
While we are on vacation the are installing the new Cobra Venom Vipeer Steerring for 19 foot Yamaha's that I bought from Jeff!
Just can't wait!

Attachments

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally a nice weekend in Oregon!IMG_0361.JPG

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
View attachment 57965 View attachment 57966 We've been waiting on lake levels to receed and then I realized our boat lift needed to be modified from our old Pontoon to fit the new Yamaha.
In the meantime I had the dealership make a few mods.
We are leaving for an Alaskan cruise this week so we aren't going to pick her up until July 8.
However, went out with the boat at the dealership yesterday. Really liked what they got accomplished.
Fun ride and can't wait to get her on the lift.
Dealer added second Captain's chair (per the wife's request, added 6 channel amp and 6 led kit speakers (2 speakers on the swim ramp), blue led trim lighting on the interior and 2 blue led lights on the transom, a second battery and battery switching kit.
At the first service they will add a blue led lit sub woofer.
While we are on vacation the are installing the new Cobra Venom Vipeer Steerring for 19 foot Yamaha's that I bought from Jeff!
Just can't wait!
Lights and speakers looks great... no chance I'm convincing the wife of these upgrades this season...

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Malibu Dan, your graphic on the actual boat is 38x8?? where did you order from?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I went to a local fastsign shop and picked it out, ordered it and picked it up next day.. they can install too but just about doubles the price.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got out on the Columbia/ Wilamet this weekend. Finally came across another Yami( dang if I can't remember his jetboaters name).. nice guy and he had a beuatiful 2016 242 grey... Anyways I noticed that with the teenagers sitting in the back (total weight between us) 700lbs boat would reach 51mph.. but if had them sit up in the bow would lose about 5mph.. just an observation and no big deal...