• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always loved that movie growing up and my 4 year old son is OBSESSED with it, his 4th bday party was ghostbuster themed.( the classic not the new garbage! :) ) So I was trying to think of names and since we boat on the gulf coast, this came to me and my wife loved it.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Guys! So I wanted to go through the LED gauge functions to change a few settings, ie - depth, backlight and found that I couldn't even though the power was on and key turned to the first position. Does the boat engine have to be running to scroll through the setting?? That is the only way I could get the screen to scroll. If this is true I'm not happy with that!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Guys! So I wanted to go through the LED gauge functions to change a few settings, ie - depth, backlight and found that I couldn't even though the power was on and key turned to the first position. Does the boat engine have to be running to scroll through the setting?? That is the only way I could get the screen to scroll. If this is true I'm not happy with that!
You don't have to crank the engine but just bump the starter and then the menu will come on.

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just purchased 2017 195 sx and have 10 hours on it. I am having a problem with it idling. It wants to die at idle and the tac is not staying stable moving up and down. Also at high speeds it is giving and a engine communication error on screen and tac goes to zero and back up. Also in no wake mode if I put into nuetral or reverse it still stays in no wake mode isn't it supposeems to kick out? Only way now is if I move throttle forward more gas does it stop the mode. Anyone having these issues?

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not having any issues like that with my 1.8 SVHO. you should definitely go see the dealer

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not having any issues like that with my 1.8 SVHO. you should definitely go see the dealer
I just made appointment with dealer, very disappointed I hope they resolve these issue quickly!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just purchased 2017 195 sx and have 10 hours on it. I am having a problem with it idling. It wants to die at idle and the tac is not staying stable moving up and down. Also at high speeds it is giving and a engine communication error on screen and tac goes to zero and back up. Also in no wake mode if I put into nuetral or reverse it still stays in no wake mode isn't it supposeems to kick out? Only way now is if I move throttle forward more gas does it stop the mode. Anyone having these issues?
No Wake Mode (and Cruise Assist) are RPM-dependent features. They are not controlled by the throttle so it makes no difference if you use forward, neutral or reverse. No Wake Mode will stay engaged so long as you're in the first detent of the throttles (both forward and reverse). This is normal and intended design. It will kick out of No Wake Mode once you go past the first detents because of the RPM setting for the feature. This is good to use when around the dock as you can use No Wake Mode for increased thrust AND use forward or reverse thrust without having it kick you out. Gives you a lot more maneuverability! There are two ways to disable No Wake Mode: 1) increase RPM beyond first detent 2) tap down on the No Wake Mode button until it turns it off and RPM's resume to normal

As for your electrical situation it sounds like loose battery connection, low voltage, corrosion on terminals or possibly a bad battery. Before running to the dealer I would check for all the obvious stuff first. These boats are pretty picky about voltage. I would look into the 19' boat section as this forum section isn't meant to have a lot of information. Search for "comm error" and you'll see people suggest different things to fix their issue. A lot of them revolved around loose battery connections or bad battery.

Last edited:

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No Wake Mode (and Cruise Assist) are RPM-dependent features. They are not controlled by the throttle so it makes no difference if you use forward, neutral or reverse. No Wake Mode will stay engaged so long as you're in the first detent of the throttles (both forward and reverse). This is normal and intended design. It will kick out of No Wake Mode once you go past the first detents because of the RPM setting for the feature. This is good to use when around the dock as you can use No Wake Mode for increased thrust AND use forward or reverse thrust without having it kick you out. Gives you a lot more maneuverability! There are two ways to disable No Wake Mode: 1) increase RPM beyond first detent 2) tap down on the No Wake Mode button until it turns it off and RPM's resume to normal

As for your electrical situation it sounds like loose battery connection, low voltage, corrosion on terminals or possibly a bad battery. Before running to the dealer I would check for all the obvious stuff first. These boats are pretty picky about voltage. I would look into the 19' boat section as this forum section isn't meant to have a lot of information. Search for "comm error" and you'll see people suggest different things to fix their issue. A lot of them revolved around loose battery connections or bad battery.

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for the information... the only thing you didn't address was my idle problem.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the information... the only thing you didn't address was my idle problem.
The idle issue could be related to the other issues. My gut tells me it is. Your issue sounds electrical so I would look into the battery first, ECU connections next and so on. The stator and regulator/rectifier on these engines takes a long time to charge a weak battery. Do you have a voltmeter? What does your voltage read on the boats instrument display?

Last edited:

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok next time I'm at lake this weekend I will check all connections and volt meter on display. Thank you for your help.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone any seen or heard the specifics ( if there are any) on where the best place to sit kids is? My wife likes to normally sit on the side seat sort of hallway between the glove box and the back with my 9 month old son in her lap and my 4 year old likes to sit all the way in the back left corner holding onto the bar, or sometimes he sits infront of my wife right behind the windshield by the glove box so he can mess with the radio and when we are traveling 15/20 and under without much water traffic I let him sit in the bow , facing forward with his back on the seatback and holding onto the hand rail. He seems to enjoy that. Well of course today we get an email from the little league my 4 year old son plays in, informing everyone that a 10 year old player had died in a boating accident ( he was thrown from the boat when the driver hit a bridge). Now to me this sounds like a major operator error, but my wife is in a panic wanting to make sure the kids are sitting in the safest and recommended spots in the boat. :( #moms

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don't have to crank the engine but just bump the starter and then the menu will come on.
Even at that my screen only functions for about 30 seconds before going dark again. Is yours the same way?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even at that my screen only functions for about 30 seconds before going dark again. Is yours the same way?
Yes. The LCD information panel on our boats is not like the newer Connext displays with its 'Float mode' where things are accessible with the engine off. How often do you really need to fiddle with settings or gauges? There is only so much you can play with in the menu so it's not an issue for me. If you need longer you could always hook up the boat to water at your house and run the engine.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. The LCD information panel on our boats is not like the newer Connext displays with its 'Float mode' where things are accessible with the engine off. How often do you really need to fiddle with settings or gauges? There is only so much you can play with in the menu so it's not an issue for me. If you need longer you could always hook up the boat to water at your house and run the engine.
True! Don't need to fiddle with it that much once I get it all set up. Guess it isn't such a big deal. Thanks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The most I use my display is when I toggle from depth to fuel use. Other than that I rarely ever go into the menu and I keep it on depth 99% of the time. Maybe every once and a while I'll check the engine hours but there just isn't much useful stuff in there to tinker with. I wouldn't sweat over it and just enjoy your new boat :thumbsup:

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok there is the name we put on our boat! I wanted "Back in Black" because our first boat was white and now "were back in black". Wife didn't like that so it's "Lake Life.View attachment 58129View attachment 58130
The name came out great... I had originally thought about back in black to but the more I thought about the less I liked it... I think the wakeboarding stick figure is awesome..