• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Beautiful set up @malibu Dan
And yes, we are patiently waiting for your report. With pictures.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well boat was great.... Me and the misses.. Drinks, gear , probably 500lbs on board , little chop and 52 mph in no time... She runs hard, and gets up to speed so fast... Had a couple more adults and grandkids and only slowed to 49-50 mph... Didn't really seem to make much of a difference with extra weight .. I think that's where that extra power really shines..

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Stereo wouldn't seek or BT... Bimini worked great at speed.. Stowing Bimini a pain but that's about it for negatives.... So much storage room on this boat..:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@haknslash ill check on handles tomorrow.. I'll take few pics of them too

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@malibu Dan , great to hear the boat has arrived. Please keep the updates coming with any pros/cons.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well boat was great.... Me and the misses.. Drinks, gear , probably 500lbs on board , little chop and 52 mph in no time... She runs hard, and gets up to speed so fast... Had a couple more adults and grandkids and only slowed to 49-50 mph... Didn't really seem to make much of a difference with extra weight .. I think that's where that extra power really shines..
That is a very impressive report!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@malibu Dan , I can't see this on Yamaha's website so can you help answer the following:
- Does the AR195 have the connext system?
- Do you have anything like no wake mode? Cruise control? Any other speed control settings?
- will you use the boat for wake surfing with ballast? If so, please report back when you have an idea on whether you can make a surfable wave

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I her ya on p
@malibu Dan , I can't see this on Yamaha's website so can you help answer the following:
- Does the AR195 have the connext system?
- Do you have anything like no wake mode? Cruise control? Any other speed control settings?
- will you use the boat for wake surfing with ballast? If so, please report back when you have an idea on whether you can make a surfable wave
-195 does not have Connext (thankfully).
-It has No Wake and Cruise Assist just like the older 19' boats.
-It has the same hull as my 192 and with a 750 lb bag I get this kind of wake... https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-surfed-and-wiped-out-on-my-192.11133/

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@malibu Dan What fuel is recommended by Yamaha in the AR195 manual?

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm curious to see what the fuel economy is like on this new boat.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I haven't figured exact numbers but we used over half a tank in the 5 hours we had it out Saturday.. We weren't pulling anything or anybody.. Just opened her up 1/2 dozen times, cruised around, parked and lounged etc...

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be interesting to see your GPH and MPH around the 5500 to 6000 rpm range. Boattest has the figures listed at various RPM's for the 190's, 192's and 212. It looks like the best cruise for the 190 and 192 is 6000rpm. The 212x appears to get the best mileage at 5000rpm.

AR190 @ 6000 = 6.3gph, 28.4mph which equals 4.5mpg
AR192 @ 6000 = 10.6gph, 28.5mph which equals 2.7mpg
212x @ 5000 = 8.5gph, 27.2mph which equals 3.2mpg

vanessa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are the specs on Yamaha's site correct in regards to the length and height of the boat on trailer? I'm contemplating on buying one but live in a HOA community and need to know if it will fit in my garage or not. Does anyone have the measurements by chance?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are the specs on Yamaha's site correct in regards to the length and height of the boat on trailer? I'm contemplating on buying one but live in a HOA community and need to know if it will fit in my garage or not. Does anyone have the measurements by chance?
Tell me the size of your garage and I'll let you know if it will fit. The dimensions on the Yamaha site are not 100% accurate but more of a ballpark.

The tower can be lowered into the windshield beyond what the website says for height on trailer with tower folded. See my thread on it. My garage is 82" opening and I make my 192 fit.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have a SX192. The header on the garage is 80" and the boat clears it by 1". The garage is 18'6" x 18'6" and the boat fits in there diagonally with the tongue folded, it's a tight fit with a couple inches to spare.

vanessa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From the ground to the garage opening it is 83 inches but I have a raised cement from the ground to the actual garage and that's 80.5 inches.

The length of the garage is 19.6 ft long.

Tell me the size of your garage and I'll let you know if it will fit. The dimensions on the Yamaha site are not 100% accurate but more of a ballpark.

The tower can be lowered into the windshield beyond what the website says for height on trailer with tower folded. See my thread on it. My garage is 82" opening and I make my 192 fit.