• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

vanessa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a SX192. The header on the garage is 80" and the boat clears it by 1". The garage is 18'6" x 18'6" and the boat fits in there diagonally with the tongue folded, it's a tight fit with a couple inches to spare.

Nice from the sound of that it should def fit if I get the SX. I'm thinking the AR with the wake tower might be tougher to fit into the garage. Did you have to do anything special to the trailer to clear it, like release some air in the tires?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be interesting to see your GPH and MPH around the 5500 to 6000 rpm range. Boattest has the figures listed at various RPM's for the 190's, 192's and 212. It looks like the best cruise for the 190 and 192 is 6000rpm. The 212x appears to get the best mileage at 5000rpm.

AR190 @ 6000 = 6.3gph, 28.4mph which equals 4.5mpg
AR192 @ 6000 = 10.6gph, 28.5mph which equals 2.7mpg
212x @ 5000 = 8.5gph, 27.2mph which equals 3.2mpg
Good discussion, and thank you @malibu Dan for clarifying the premium requirement for SVHOs.

One important caveat with fuel usage in 190s, and probably all 19fters, is that those numbers above are good for flat water conditions only. Once you are in even 1-2ft seas - you will be burning as much (or more) as the twin engine 24ft boats to maintain speeds of 25+mph.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Nice from the sound of that it should def fit if I get the SX. I'm thinking the AR with the wake tower might be tougher to fit into the garage. Did you have to do anything special to the trailer to clear it, like release some air in the tires?
No modifications to trailer or lowered air pressure in tires.

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I picked up my 2017 AR195 today. I'm coming from a Seadoo Speedster 255. We only had time for the dealer delivery ride today, but there are some nice fit and finish touches in addition to the more obvious mechanical improvements. I'll try posting up some picks soon. New to the forum so I'm sure I'll encounter some hurdles.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stereo wouldn't seek or BT... Bimini worked great at speed.. Stowing Bimini a pain but that's about it for negatives.... So much storage room on this boat..:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"
I found the BT to be tricky too. The trick was to connect from the Source or Input after you turn on the BT through the Menu function. I hope this helps. I've only had my boat out once so far, but very impressed.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Somebody had asked about the handles being brushed or plastic... that pic is 195... they r not on the swim platform

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone post up a video of a 195 scooting across the water. I'd like to see how they go.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would love to if fall would take a break for a weekend and allow some warm weather:winkingthumbsup"

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Net sure if mine came with optional icebreaker bow;);)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it did you would have to paint the front of the bow like this!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That gives me mod ideas...:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats... order a replacement bow roller and slap it on first thing... ask to keep the cover used for transport... make sure they throw in Yamaha starter pack. You'll need 5 pin attachment for trailer lights....

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I have plans on order that bow roller everyone on this site is recommending. I,m calling the dealer right now to ask about the shipping cover and to see if he has anymore in his back room as suggested from someone on this forum in another thread. My Chevy Z71 Silverado Crew has the trailer package and it worked with my other boat trailer but i will double check. I'm pretty sure the dealer will not come down on the price of the boat so i was hoping to get him to throw in 2 of those inflatable life vests? they are about $500.00 for 2.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @Buoy23 ! Your boat should come with the shipping cover free of charge. I don't know of a lot of dealers that toss them but I suppose there are some. Every boat that leaves the plant in TN comes with a shipping cover for transport and this should be given to the new owner.

If the dealer won't come down on the price (most Yamaha dealers won't move too far from MSRP for new model year boats) then work in them throwing in some fenders, dock lines, life jackets (not sure they will toss in those expensive inflatable ones like you want), deluxe anchor kit, etc to help offset getting a discount on MSRP if they don't budge.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Our dealer threw in Yamaha starter pack ... had everything we woukd need to get out on the water.... it was a nice bonus...