• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took the family camping for a week here in Oregon. It was a little smoky from the forest fires but we still had a great time.
IMG_0590.JPG

Luis Estevez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I'm assuming the 195's will have as bad, if not worse fuel mileage than the current 192's :(
I currently own the AR195; approx 3.5 mpg at 5500rpm. My 192 was only giving me around 2.5. From own experience, the 195 has better fuel economy.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the family camping for a week here in Oregon. It was a little smoky from the forest fires but we still had a great time.
View attachment 62424

looks good. what kit did you order for all that "grip step" stuff all over the boat? thanks

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Has anyone else had problems with the captains seat? Mine continuously loosens up after a week or 2.

Chuck OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine doesn't seem as sturdy as I think it should feel. And I find that it isn't particularly east to move forward / backward / swivel...but perhaps I'm not twisting the latch under the seat quite right?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
looks good. what kit did you order for all that "grip step" stuff all over the boat? thanks
I purchased my kit through GatorStep.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone else had problems with the captains seat? Mine continuously loosens up after a week or 2.
I was just starting to notice the same thing on mine last weekend.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed some hair sized surface spider cracks on the very top of the hull, right near where the windshield is on the side. anyone else seen that?

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed some hair sized surface spider cracks on the very top of the hull, right near where the windshield is on the side. anyone else seen that?
So I checked mine tonight and was unable to find any spider cracks on either side or anywhere around the windshield. I have 32 hours on the boat since Memorial Day in some choppy lake water. Hope this helps bud!

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thank you, I did some researching on here and apparently it is fairly common.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What's everybody use to mount fenders down on either side of the swim deck?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any word on the 2018 models yet? I think dealer show is this weekend???

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's everybody use to mount fenders down on either side of the swim deck?
I am not even sure what you are asking? Which leads me to believe I might be missing something here

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am not even sure what you are asking? Which leads me to believe I might be missing something here
I am asking what members are using to protect the back corners of their boats at the docks or when tying up. I haven't found a convenient way to stick a bumper there since the cleat sits a few inches above the water.

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Colin MacEachern I have an SX195 and have only been running two fenders when on the dock. I hang one off the Bimini mount for the aft part of the boat and use the eyelet for the Bimini strap for the forward part of the boat. So far I have had no issues with the back corner of the stern rubbing on any dock. What style of fenders are you running?

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have Taylor-Made generic fenders, not positive on the size but they're about as regular as it gets. I have one off the tower, one off the middle cleat, and one off the handle in the bow which does essentially nothing unless i was to drive nose-first into a dock. I do however have issues at my live dock where the stern will swing back and forth and hit the metal poles holding up the dock as that's where everyone boards the boat. While it does hit the rub rail I'd still like to avoid it totally.

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I totally understand! I'm as OCD as they come about keeping my boat from rubbing on anything. Maybe try a fatter fender! (Fatter not the best word only one I can come up with) What about trying a suction cup either on the swim platform or in the cup holder on the swim deck?

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am asking what members are using to protect the back corners of their boats at the docks or when tying up. I haven't found a convenient way to stick a bumper there since the cleat sits a few inches above the water.
I run three fenders, one around the tower, one off the middle cleat, and I added another cleat between the middle and bow cleat.
Fenders.jpg