• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question: So I have had my 2017 AR195 out twice and each time the boat has died when reversing off the trailer. I start the motor and let it run for a minute then have my wife back down further so the boat will lift off the trailer and shift the boat into reverse. Each time it dies unless I really gas it in reverse. Anyone else experience the same issue?
I know this is an older post but I am now experiencing the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what was going on? Does it still do this?

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never had that issue

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this is an older post but I am now experiencing the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out what was going on? Does it still do this?
I found that I was not letting it warm up enough and has got better with more hours on the motor, however it still has a fairly rough start that I'm going to have the dealership look at.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
has anyone purchased an app for their smartphone or a standalone device that shows deepwater channels and things of that nature? for a reasonable price.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
has anyone purchased an app for their smartphone or a standalone device that shows deepwater channels and things of that nature? for a reasonable price.
Navionics. However I wouldn't rely on one source for chart plotting.

Kyle Phillips

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Navionics works fairly well for the price

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What's everyones favorite gas cans? Unfortunately there is no premium on my lake so I have no choice but to fill up from a gas can or pull it out to fill it up and filling up 30 gallons with 5 gallon cans takes over an hour. Any suggestions for a fast fill?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What's everyones favorite gas cans? Unfortunately there is no premium on my lake so I have no choice but to fill up from a gas can or pull it out to fill it up and filling up 30 gallons with 5 gallon cans takes over an hour. Any suggestions for a fast fill?
What octane gas does your lake have? The lake I stay at for a week only has 89 octane and I've filled up there a few time without any issues. I didn't see any drop-off in performance using the 89.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going scalloping this weekend, I have a diver down flag but nowhere to put it. Has anyone successfully zip tied a flag to the tower? I am looking for a temporary easy solution to needing this flag flying for sunday morning. thanks

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What octane gas does your lake have? The lake I stay at for a week only has 89 octane and I've filled up there a few time without any issues. I didn't see any drop-off in performance using the 89.
They have 89. I am just skeptical using 89 as everything is saying to use premium. I guess I could also fill up at the dock and add some octane booster to my fuel. Whatever gets it done besides having to spend an hour filling up from cans at my slip and giving me a sore back!

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a regular five gallon can with this spout https://gasspouts.com/products/replacement-gas-can-spout-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=32010539729&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoZTNBRCWARIsAOMZHmHuxhM3iH4cXCQJGUosR-pP4uRfz-X5fD5JeeO4m-zOefzvhLHLMGYaArlgEALw_wcB

Takes about five minutes to add 25 gallons. Super easy and doesn't leak. We have the same problem with our marina. If the manual says it need premium, I'm using premium. The engineers are smarter than I.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What do you think of the new 2018 AR195 SX195 colors? The AR195 wakeboard tower comes in red or gray. Looks like the black tower switched to the AR190. Looks like they added a digital speedo also.
yamaha-boats-ar195-2018-black-red-bimini-top.jpg yamaha-boats-ar195-2018-white-crusing-side.jpgyamaha-boats-sx195-2018-white-crusing.jpg yamaha-boats-sx195-2018-white-stern-crusing.jpg

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the Red AR tower, gotta have alittle flash.
With that said I like the SX in blue as well.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SX in blue is sharp. That AR is horrendous in my opinion. I am so glad I got a 17. Im not much on colors for the 18

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I do like the graphics on the AR195. It looks like the tower continues down to the rub rail. And below the rub rail looks like a reflection.

Mandalaya

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have 89. I am just skeptical using 89 as everything is saying to use premium. I guess I could also fill up at the dock and add some octane booster to my fuel. Whatever gets it done besides having to spend an hour filling up from cans at my slip and giving me a sore back!
My dealer recommends 89 octane for all Yamha engines including the SVHO. I've used 89, 90 and 93 and can't tell a difference.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of the AR graphics or colored tower for 2018's. I like that blue SX.

We've always had a digital speedo (not GPS) and digital tach but it's not really useful being so small in the LCD display. You get to it by pressing M and T buttons when it asks for 'more'.

The gauges look the same as previous years on the 2018's...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mandalaya

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of the AR graphics or colored tower for 2018's. I like that blue SX.

We've always had a digital speedo (not GPS) and digital tach but it's not really useful being so small in the LCD display. You get to it by pressing M and T buttons when it asked for 'more'.

The gauges look the same to me on the 2018's...

View attachment 63549
Yeah, not much new other than these weird looking colored towers. I thought Yamaha would ovehaul the 19 foot like the 21 and 24 foot. I agree the blue SX looks the best in the 195 series. The red tower...

Last edited:

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question for you all, I am on the west coast of Florida, Tampa Bay. right now we should be OK, with Irma tracking to the east, but there could still be some bad wind. I do not have the option to store my boat inside, it will not fit in my garage, even with the tower folded. Other than torqueing down the Yamaha cover real tight and chalking the wheels, any recommendations on things I can do to help protect the boat as it rides out the storm in my driveway. I am not going to leave it in the storage yard I usually keep it in as it is lower ground than my home and it also has lots of stuff that could get tossed in the wind.